Bord na Mona O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Saturday's game now takes place in New Ross, and throw in is at 2pm.

Meaney returns as Sugrue names Laois team to take on Wexford
https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/gaelic-games/353149/meaney-returns-as-sugrue-names-laois-team-to-take-on-wexford.html
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

TheGiantSquid

Darren Strong has opted out of the panel it seems.

Don Draper

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on December 13, 2018, 08:11:01 PM
A decent servant, but not surprising. He did some good service, always committed.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on December 13, 2018, 09:01:01 PM
A decent servant, but not surprising. He did some good service, always committed.
Has a business on his hands as well, and a good one at that.
Seems to be going well judging by the number of clubs with DS sports gear. More luck to him.
I still maintain that his shot went wide though! Thankfully the umpire and I were in agreement!

Blow-in

Pushed out with no return button from what I've heard.

Toomanygaels

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 14, 2018, 09:52:03 AM

Pushed out with no return button from what I've heard.

Yes I heard the same. A number of players were cut from the panel over the last few days and he was one of them. Surprised that the management didn't wait till after the O'Bryne Cup to cut the panel.

Laois Rising

In Kerry, Peter Keane gave a number of long time servants the chop a few weeks back without even giving those players a prior phonecall to thanks them for their contributions over the years . Sets an example to the panel/those trying to make panel for next year. You have to earn your place on the county panel and if you don't those reach a certain standard then you will be shown the exit door. It also reminds those on panel for a number of years that their spot is not guaranteed. Fair play to Sugru for showing strong leadership.   

Don Draper

Peter Keane since apologised for that, and there has been guidelines set up by Kerry GAA for handling this process in the future.

Butch Cassidy

Who else was cut from the panel?

Darren owes Laois nothing, very few train as hard and are as dedicated as Darren

Blow-in

les Antiques

If anyone is travelling to Wexford tomorrow the game is now back scheduled for Enniscorthy.  Definitely more convenient than New Ross if your travelling from Laois .

Helix.

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 14, 2018, 01:07:04 PM
Rumors of Gary Welsh gone also

Isn't he seemingly up in UCD now doing law. I imagine priority with that and come back after sigerson.

redsetanta

Doing law?? Have we the right fella?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Nameless

Game off today. Disappointed to see Walsh get cut but going by the comments from Sugrue, it seems that players who aren't putting in 100% are going to get dropped as the competition for places is savage. Trying to build a fit, fast, younger squad I think. In the past players have been able to get away with less than full effort because of their name, this is no longer the case, that has to be welcomed.