Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

From the County Board:

A Chairde

Following a Pre Event Meetings with the Safety Advisory Group in Omagh for the AIQ Round 3 Fixture between Tir Eoghain and Ard Mhaca please find below some information helpful to those travelling.

Major Roadworks are ongoing in Drumragh Avenue in the town centre reducing traffic flow particularly on exiting the town centre.
Tyrone supporters are advised to maximise use of parking on the Gortin Road and Killybrack side accessing from the Killyclogher direction.  Armagh supporters should use Town Centre Car Parks and make their way on foot to Healy Park up the Gortin Road.
This will assist Armagh supporters avoid the traffic congestion of the town centre particularly after the game. 

All supporters are encouraged to travel safely, arriving at the ground as early as possible.   Turnstiles will be open from 5.45pm.

Onion Bag

I seen in the Armagh Observer yesterday that Watters in Blaney are showing the Match live,

Is this from the internet or something? or how if it aint on the box?

I am desperate to see it but i am in belfast on a stag night,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

SuperHo

anybody read the article in the ulster herald today about ambrose lavery.  Apparently he was picked to play for both teams in the umfc of 1941 - Tyrone v Armagh.

Radda bout yeee

Ticket Allocation!

Correct the following if i'm wrong:
there are 5,000 seats in the healy park stand.
therefore each county could expect to recieve 2,000 tickets each - leaving county teams family, county board members etc, club tyronies with no clubs with the remaining 1,000.
my calculating is approx 50 clubs in tyrone = 40 seats per club?

NOW if this is all correct how come when my club rang to order a fairly reasonable 29 seated tickets they were told they would be lucky to get 20?

Fuzzman

Not much talk of the match itself and who will be marking who?

I see an article there about Cassidy and how he's looking forward to playing against Vernon.
He'll hardly get 9 clean catches this time.

Will we be playing a sweeper in front of Jamie Clarke or will we start off 1 on 1?
The 2009 game was surprisingly low key and uneventful until Clarke scored the goal near the end.
Would the general consensus be Armagh have improved since then or are they much the same?

Although I'm wary of Armagh, I think Tyrone have enough good players to take them through.
I'll be surprised if Colm Cavanagh doesn't start.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2011, 12:27:38 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 21, 2011, 12:15:21 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2011, 12:06:20 PM
Quote from: Midman on July 21, 2011, 11:07:22 AM
Sorry if i've missed this in the thread but will there be coverage on the wireless?? Im hoping for Newstalk, anything but 5fm

Live online here

http://www.q101west.fm/portal/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=155&Itemid=53

Our paddy and Noel mightn't be too palatable for our Armagh brothers EC ;)

I'm sure BBC radio ulster 1341 MW will also be covering it.

I know what you man OG. Would be interesting to hear their reaction to the commentry though. :D I would love them to install a webcam for a match like this. Would make for interesting viewing ;)
jesus, listening to paddy & noel is bad enough without having to look at them too!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onion Bag

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 21, 2011, 03:01:48 PM
Not much talk of the match itself and who will be marking who?

I see an article there about Cassidy and how he's looking forward to playing against Vernon.
He'll hardly get 9 clean catches this time.

Will we be playing a sweeper in front of Jamie Clarke or will we start off 1 on 1?
The 2009 game was surprisingly low key and uneventful until Clarke scored the goal near the end.
Would the general consensus be Armagh have improved since then or are they much the same?

Although I'm wary of Armagh, I think Tyrone have enough good players to take them through.
I'll be surprised if Colm Cavanagh doesn't start.

In fariness Fuzz there aint much to talk about, It took Armagh 2 attempts to put away a div 4 side in Wicklow. We are missing our Kieran Mc Keever, Kieran Toner, Nippy Swift, Ronan Clarke to name a few,
We had to move Stevie mc donnell out to CHF in order to win ball coz we dont have a half forward line. the game is only going to go one way

Tyrone - 1-15
Armagh - 0-9

fitzroyalty

Think it could be closer than some are saying, Tyrone are obviously clear favourites but there can't be a lot of harmony in the squad with Mugsy coming and going as he pleases.

With the form of Mackin, MOR and Jamie Clarke I wouldn't rule Armagh out completely...

ONeill

There's no one ruling Armagh out.

This would be their biggest result in years if they pull it off. Theyll be dancing on our graves. For Tyrone it'll be barely celebrated as beating Roscommon will be the focus immediately.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Onion Bag

Bull dung oneill, yous will be on the lash all week singing and dancing and celebrating Darren Clarke style

ONeill

Seriously, it'll not mean much. Just a stepping stone.

For Armagh fans it'll mean everything and I understand that. Mark my words, the Tyronnies on here will be gracious in victory and move on immediately; the Armagh wans will be emoticoning all over the show, even TYP.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

It's Thursday, so that means it's team sheet day. What's the views?

I can see only one change with Swift coming in for Carlin. Perhaps S Cav may move to FF in place of Coney with Hub coming into MF. Although I hope Kyle gets another start, a real confidence player and another run out could bring him on in leaps and bounds.

Anyone hear how Enda McGinley is motoring these days?

Onion Bag

Armagh team will look something like this:

1 Paul Hearty
2 Andy Mallon
3 Brendan Donaghy
4 Paul Duffy
5 Aaron Kernan
6 Kevin Dyas
7 Finian Moriarity
8 James Lavery
9 Charlie Vernon
10 Tony Kernan
11 Stevie Mc Donnell
12 Billy Joe Padden
13 Jamie Clarke
14 Malachy Mackin
15 Micael O Rourke

They may not all play in them positions but i dont think them players will be far away

tyrone86

There's talk that this will be pretty close to a sell out

Fuzzman

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 21, 2011, 03:58:43 PM
Anyone hear how Enda McGinley is motoring these days?

I think he's driving a Golf.
Where would you play him?
FF perhaps.