China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2020, 05:06:45 PM
Wow! His face didn't take a red'ner! Crazy predictable stuff

My respect for him has went up, he's basically said do what you want lads. I've a serious majority, no creditable rival so quit your yapping.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2020, 05:01:27 PM
[If they wanted to do it, they would have. In both jurisdictions. As for lockdown, one size fits all. Everyone else was doing it.....

I think you underestimate the challenges of such a large testing programme.
Lockdown has proven to be the way forward for a period, the question here is how to push on after that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

Car crash stuff this is totally ridiculous... does anyone know what's the best way to get these lying hoors out of power??

An election this week knocks the Tories out but we're not die one for 4 years. What can be done??

bennydorano

The Tories are still 12 points clear in Opinion polls ffs, Britain Elects had one on Twitter today.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2020, 05:46:19 PM
The Tories are still 12 points clear in Opinion polls ffs, Britain Elects had one on Twitter today.

Wait until the end of this coming week!!

Cunny Funt

This week I believe is the lowest number of weekly deaths from the virus in ROI since March 23rd to 29th and the lowest weekly number of cases since March 9th to 15th.

The number of weekly cases in the next week or 2 shall be interesting as it should tell us if the lifting of some restrictions has brought an increase in cases.

bennydorano

See the (deleted) Tweet from the official UK Civil Service account? :D

Arrogant & Offensive

Can you imagine having to work with this truth twisters?

Handclap emoji

imtommygunn

Someone is looking for a new job lol.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on May 23, 2020, 10:52:56 PM
In October 2019, a major World Health Organisation report on pandemic flu risk arrived at the same conclusion.

Quote"There is a very low overall quality of evidence that internal travel restrictions (lockdowns) can reduce influenza transmission"
https://www.who.int/influenza/publications/public_health_measures/publication/en/

You are making the same mistake SAGE made in February.

This is not the flu. The same principles do not apply.
i usse an speelchekor

mackers

What's the story with reducing social distancing from two metres to one?  WHO seem to be happy for this to be the case with most other countries taking it on board.  This would be a game changer for pubs and restaurants.  Is it best to leave it at two metres until later in the summer until further scientific evidence is sought?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Smurfy123

No the WHO guidelines are it's 1 metre and not 2
Most countries being cautious with 2 even though official WHO guidelines say 1
Baffling

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 24, 2020, 10:25:46 PM
No the WHO guidelines are it's 1 metre and not 2
Most countries being cautious with 2 even though official WHO guidelines say 1
Baffling

Not really.

There is much uncertainty about how far a sneeze or cough spreads droplets. There is also uncertainty as to the viral load of CoV-2 required to trigger COVID.

IMO, the WHO guideline is quite insufficient.

i usse an speelchekor

Square Ball

Quote from: mackers on May 24, 2020, 10:17:41 PM
What's the story with reducing social distancing from two metres to one?  WHO seem to be happy for this to be the case with most other countries taking it on board.  This would be a game changer for pubs and restaurants.  Is it best to leave it at two metres until later in the summer until further scientific evidence is sought?
who mentioned reducing it. Be no surprise if they do it, in work we have 160 desks but due to social distancing we can only use 32, odd but that's what we're told. We have people shielding and some working from home. The remaining are on a rota but more laptops arriving soon so be all back full time. With a reduction I would say we could get to 80-90 in work.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Smurfy123

Radio the WHO guidelines are 1 m
Go and check on the official website
You either follow or not which is it?