Laois Senior Hurlers 2024

Started by mcwregor, November 26, 2023, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Galway game was a shambles in my opinion no positives to take apart maybe Aaron Dunphy .

I left it 10 mins early because I was frozen and had forgot my hat .

I was surprised there was no more goals on the board for Galway when I heard the result after .

Our full back line was so slow when Galway got the ball in it was like a backs and forwards game you'd see where backs don't care.

I don't see much progress under the management but I probably don't got to enough games so maybe my comments could be a tad harsh
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Interesting choice for captain for the year. Wouldn't have seen Aaron as captain material but I wouldn't know much about the man. Good choice in lads opinion?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

LaoisAbu20

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 16, 2024, 10:55:05 AMGalway game was a shambles in my opinion no positives to take apart maybe Aaron Dunphy .

I left it 10 mins early because I was frozen and had forgot my hat .

I was surprised there was no more goals on the board for Galway when I heard the result after .

Our full back line was so slow when Galway got the ball in it was like a backs and forwards game you'd see where backs don't care.

I don't see much progress under the management but I probably don't got to enough games so maybe my comments could be a tad harsh

Agree with the above comments by UnLaoised. Was at the game myself with the young lads. Full back line really got exposed for pace, was a big worry, Galway looked like getting a goal anytime the ball went in. Only for Rowland making a number of super saves could of been way more goals. Shanahan was missed, as was Hartnett in there.

Really impressed by Tom cuddy so far, has made the step up to senior look easy. Quinlan and comerford also nice new additions.

Forward line still a bit all over the place, thought the new captain Aaron Dunphy work rate was impressive again, just need more lads working around him.

Hopefully management and players take learnings from this game, so these same issues won't come back to hurt us in Joe McDonagh.

mcwregor

Full back line is a worry. Our two corner backs were taken to school in the first round of the joe mc against offaly lasy year too. It was the main reason for Offaly winning that game. Eoghan Cahill and Charlie Mitchell went to town. FC Fennel was corner back that day and wasnt good, i would give him another go there tho as he has got great pace and he did a very good man marking job on Dessie Hutchinson a couple of years ago. I think we need shanahan in there too, he has a bit of size and is pacey too, he could be trialed at full back or if not id have him in the corner.
As good a hurler as Podge is i dont think he is suited to the full back line.

First 15??

E Rowland
FC Fennell
R Mullaney
I Shanahan
L Cleere
P Delaney
T Cuddy
P Purcell
A Corby
S Maher
A Dunphy
W Dunphy
M Keyes
M Phelan/J Quinlan/ D Dooley
R King

D Conway, D Hartnett, L O Connell, J Lennon, C Comerford, P Dunne, G Lynch, S Bergin

Could be leaving out a few

Mossy Bruce

(dusting off this long dormant account)

Hello, lads!
I hope all is well with you.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

Welcome back Bruce.

Did you manage to get over to Durrow?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: redsetanta on January 22, 2024, 09:56:58 AMWelcome back Bruce.

Thank you!

Well, early last year, we had the money all saved up to get back there -- finally. We bought a couple of travel books to help us start planning our trip when my wife's car made it clear it was ready to give up the ghost. So instead of a trip back there (probably several trips), we have a yellow Honda Fit in the driveway.  :'(   
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Laois Rising

Quote from: redsetanta on January 22, 2024, 09:56:58 AMWelcome back Bruce.

I heard it said by many that the demise in Laois hurling over the last couple of years can be attributed to Mossy Bruce disappearing off the scene. Now that you are back, I expect Laois' fortunes to take a turn again.

Good to have you back Bruce. Hopefully we will have some success to celebrate on the forum in 2024.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Laois Rising on January 23, 2024, 04:05:01 PMI heard it said by many that the demise in Laois hurling over the last couple of years can be attributed to Mossy Bruce disappearing off the scene. Now that you are back, I expect Laois' fortunes to take a turn again.

Good to have you back Bruce. Hopefully we will have some success to celebrate on the forum in 2024.

Haha!          Wait. Damn, now I feel guilty.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Sir Alex7

LAOIS hurled cork in a challenge match in rathdowney..cork won 1-21 1-15... Team tat started was
Rowland...Noah Quinlan,Liam O Connell,Diarmuid Conway...tom cuddy,Mullaney,fiacra C Fennell...Willie Dunphy and paddy Purcell in midfield... David Dooley,Aaron Dunphy,Cody Comerford...jer Quinlan,Martin phelan,picky...subs used in 2nd half included mark Dowling,James Duggan,Aidan Corby,cathal Dunne,Eric Killeen

Mad Mentor

The final score flattered Cork. Laois were back to a point down and missed an equalising point with about 5mins to go. Picky missed a few frees that looked scoreable.

burdizzo

What sort of a Cork team was it?

Spiritof1915

Strong cork team. Had most of them

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Verbal

Quote from: Sir Alex7 on January 27, 2024, 02:59:26 PMLAOIS hurled cork in a challenge match in rathdowney..cork won 1-21 1-15... Team tat started was
Rowland...Noah Quinlan,Liam O Connell,Diarmuid Conway...tom cuddy,Mullaney,fiacra C Fennell...Willie Dunphy and paddy Purcell in midfield... David Dooley,Aaron Dunphy,Cody Comerford...jer Quinlan,Martin phelan,picky...subs used in 2nd half included mark Dowling,James Duggan,Aidan Corby,cathal Dunne,Eric Killeen

Good to see Cathal Dunne getting in. Strange how little game time we have given to back up keepers over the last 8 or 9 years!
We all know ER is number 1. But things pop up!