2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 10, 2019, 01:04:59 PM
This will be a step up again on Dublin. I'll be interested to see if Brennan goes with the similar tactics as last time (play Lennon as a sweeper and bring Willie Dunphy out to midfield). Will Tipp do anything to counter this, or will they, like Dublin, just go with their natural game plan?

I believe if we can match the intensity that we showed the last day we can get with 7 or 8 of them. That's not a slight on the lads, it's just that Tipp will be a different animal to the Dubs. Will they make the same mistake and have one eye on Wexford semi-final? If they do, who knows what could happen.

Hartnett was out with injury the last day, so not sure if he's back for it. Phelan and Cleere did well in the corners against Dublin, so might not matter. Up front, will King lose his place? He hasn't set the world alight this season so far, and might not be as fit and sharp as the other lads due to coming in late. I think Bergin or Foyle could be near to a starting place.

Anyway, best of luck to the lads. There'll be a great Laois crowd there, and the 'Laois Laois Laois' vs 'Tipp Tipp Tipp' chants will be another battle to look out for!
You'd want to be mad to drop King. Hartnett had an operation last week, he's out.

clonadmad

Quote from: MasterJ on July 10, 2019, 01:07:48 PM
There wont be that many Tipp fans as they think it won't be an interesting game.

Tipp won't travel as they think it's a done deal already

From talking to the Tipp lads here at work.

Their view is wrap it up early in the second half and then get the likes of kehoe,browne etc off the bench and get them a taste of Croke Park.

The likes of Jake Morris was taken off early last night in the u20 massacre of Waterford too I see.

Tipps vulnerability is well known at this stage and I've every faith in Brennan to transmit
this to the lads

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Don Draper on July 10, 2019, 01:11:58 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 10, 2019, 01:04:59 PM
This will be a step up again on Dublin. I'll be interested to see if Brennan goes with the similar tactics as last time (play Lennon as a sweeper and bring Willie Dunphy out to midfield). Will Tipp do anything to counter this, or will they, like Dublin, just go with their natural game plan?

I believe if we can match the intensity that we showed the last day we can get with 7 or 8 of them. That's not a slight on the lads, it's just that Tipp will be a different animal to the Dubs. Will they make the same mistake and have one eye on Wexford semi-final? If they do, who knows what could happen.

Hartnett was out with injury the last day, so not sure if he's back for it. Phelan and Cleere did well in the corners against Dublin, so might not matter. Up front, will King lose his place? He hasn't set the world alight this season so far, and might not be as fit and sharp as the other lads due to coming in late. I think Bergin or Foyle could be near to a starting place.

Anyway, best of luck to the lads. There'll be a great Laois crowd there, and the 'Laois Laois Laois' vs 'Tipp Tipp Tipp' chants will be another battle to look out for!
You'd want to be mad to drop King. Hartnett had an operation last week, he's out.

Why? He hasn't been great against Westmesth and Dublin, although he took his goal well against Westmeath. Bergin had a good cameo when he came on against Westmeath, could be worth a shout.

King's leadership could be important I'll admit though.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Leixlad on July 10, 2019, 08:31:38 AM
Wooly, Cheddar and Eddie Brennan podcast. Excellent stuff - check it out Mossy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ebXCy6L1oM
Thanks! I'll give it a listen at lunch time.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

It's a very good listen alright. Anything with Cheddar is usually worth a listen. Always something to be learnt.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

There is some crowd going up Sunday, tbh I  have seen this much interest in a Laois match since the Micko era with the footballers.

It'll be a brilliant stage for our hurlers and they deserve it, for too long have the hurlers been in the shadows in this county and for the lads to get validation for their existence on the biggest stage of all is magnificent.

On Sunday lets back them to the hilt no matter what way the game pans out and not lose sight of what a great year its been and how this is only the start for Laois hurling. We have a chance to build something here now, I hope to god the GAA, Leinster council , county board and all clubs  back hurling in every way from here on in. Lets not let this opportunity pass.

SCFC

Any figure on ticket sales from Laois yet? There's people going up the football end of the county that were never at a hurling match in their lives! Great to see.

burdizzo

Quote from: portlaoisekid on July 11, 2019, 02:12:45 PM
On Sunday lets back them to the hilt no matter what way the game pans out and not lose sight of what a great year its been and how this is only the start for Laois hurling. We have a chance to build something here now, I hope to god the GAA, Leinster council , county board and all clubs  back hurling in every way from here on in. Lets not let this opportunity pass.

Absolutely. And hopefully we can hold onto Eddie Brennan for a couple more years, too.

clonadmad

Lar Corbett makes a very good point

I know everyone wanted the game in Croke Park but from a hurling development point of view

Imagine laois play at home in an all ireland quarter final

Roll on next year

https://twitter.com/centrairl/status/1149237148631126016?s=21

Chrimtain

Will Hill 16 be open? Will it be possible to get a ticket on the day?

Joeythelips

Hopefully Laois can do themselves justice, will be a huge task against a wounded Tipperary side who have so much class all over the field. Again we will be even bigger underdogs but we are here on merit. The hurlers of Galway, Dublin and Waterford would love to swap places with us thats for sure.

Also for others like me who live overseas and could not see the Dublin game, as neither RTE or Sky could be bothered and the GAA did not even bother streaming it, on the GAA Go site you can watch the Sunday Game for free (you have to register with them and you will need a debit or credit card but you don't get charged as its free) just go to the site https://www.gaago.ie/ and click on 'Catch Up' and its there. Its normally €10 but after Wednesday they make it free.

clonadmad

Upper deck half way line tickets for the Cusack now on sale

redsetanta

I wonder will many from Laois head on to the Hill on Sunday?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on July 12, 2019, 12:23:55 PM
I wonder will many from Laois head on to the Hill on Sunday?

Cork are going to take over the hill ....

I think there will be about 40,000-45,000 there Sunday.

18,000 Cork (ticket sales are nearly 15,000 down there and there is Cork people everywhere in the country
8,000 Laois(massive support for such a small county)
9,000 Tipp(maybe more but rumour is they are waiting for the Semi v wexford
8,000 Killkenny Never travel big expect for final day especially if they think they will loose
2,000 Neutrals (passes etc
LAOIS ABÚ