2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: redsetanta on July 13, 2019, 10:29:10 AM
The parade will be something else on Sunday. I'm assuming the teams will parade before the start?

Wouldn't say so. Parades only for finals - provincial and all-Ireland, I think.

Mossy Bruce

(Closing my eyes whilst taking a deep breath—wondering if the impossible just might be possible.)

Laois! Laois! LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2019, 04:01:22 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on July 13, 2019, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2019, 03:23:59 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on July 13, 2019, 03:18:35 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2019, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on July 13, 2019, 08:46:18 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on July 13, 2019, 12:54:32 AM
Jaysus it's great to see ads for the live games Sunday with Laois top of the bill.
couldn't agree more, I spend a lot of my work travelling around munster especially tipp and cork , and to be able for once to be looking forward to being part of the action at the biggest stage of all is amazing. For Laois to be given real praise from traditional hurling people not just patronising praise but real praise has been brilliant... I couldn't be prouder of this team and what it's done for hurling in our county.

+1

I work with a lot of hurling people too

The past week has been absolutely brilliant,being treated like an equal,being front and Centre of any hurling conversation and nothing patronizing either,All hurling people want to see another hurling county at the top table,there's been 9 different counties,winners of either provincial or national titles since the start of the decade.

From talking to the Tipp lads they definitely aren't taking us for granted
Tipperary are the most cocksure shower of c***ts you are ever likely to meet. We are shit on a shoe to them. They've no equals in their own heads. They're laughing their holes off at you behind your back.

I'm sure they would at you Don,then again most of the laois crowd on here think you are a d**khead so I wouldn't hold the tipp crowd to a much higher standard
The greats are rarely appreciated among their own, I'll carry my cross with dignity. Tipp folk on the other hand are hated by everybody except their own.

Being a bluffer doesn't make you a "great" regardless of what the voices in your head tell you.

Jog on,Son
I never saw you at my table at home, what are you suggesting about my mother?

CruiseCigar

All Ireland hurling quarter final Laois v tipp in Croke Park.

Say no more.

Come on Laois
Laoise abú

Don Draper

Quote from: CruiseCigar on July 13, 2019, 09:32:19 PM
All Ireland hurling quarter final Laois v tipp in Croke Park.

Say no more.

Come on Laois
f**k Tipp

G@@

Quote from: Don Draper on July 13, 2019, 09:59:21 PM
f**k Tipp

Jaysus Don, did your wife run off with a Roscrea man/woman/tg or what?

I cannot understand hatred, rivalry yes, but overt hatred no.

Anyways, best of luck to our 15 v their 15 tomorrow - here's hoping our Summer of dreams continues. Best of luck to Eddie and all the backroom team who have invested so much in this team - no matter whatever happens tomorrow that your work is very much appreciated.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Joeythelips

Huge day for Laois hurling, I hope Laois can do themselves justice against probably the second best team in the country. I am a bit worried that Tipp will cut loose early on and it could be over after 20 mins or so. It's been an amazing season regardless but a real hammering might take the gloss off it.

Gmac

Just before throw in ,whatever happens I hope they leave it all on the field and play to the best of their ability

Mossy Bruce

Holy sh!te — it's half-time and we're still in there! These lads are incredible!

Go Laois!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

merman

Mossy Bruce

Quite a fright, there, when it looked liked Enda Rowland was going to go off due to injury. Who's the lad that was getting ready to sub for him? Did this lad get any play time during League or the Walsh Cup?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Joeythelips

Fair play, our lads have done themselves proud once again. The sending off knocked really gave us too much to do but they never dropped the heads and left everything out on the pitch. It was my first time to watch them live this year and I was really impressed with the skill levels and the way they stuck to the game plan. Credit to management for having a plan also, they caused Tip plenty of problems.
I know Tipp hit plenty of wides but I thought Laois also messed up potential scoring opportunities and at times hit a lot of aimless ball into the forwards. When they look back at it they will realise it could have been even closer than 10 points.

The most important thing they showed was character though, 2 early goals from Tipp, game over so we can just go through the motions. Man sent off early in second half, ok thats it we can just play it out. Not these boys, they never bended the knee once. This is the same character that dragged them over the line last week when the Dubs drew level and will stand them in good stead for future battles.

I tip my hat to each one of them, they are a credit to the county and have shown the rest of country that Laois are well able to hurl. The fact that the average age is low and others may come back into the panel next year really whets the appetite for next years Leinster Championship.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi