2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Unlaoised on July 12, 2019, 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on July 12, 2019, 12:23:55 PM
I wonder will many from Laois head on to the Hill on Sunday?

Cork are going to take over the hill ....

I think there will be about 40,000-45,000 there Sunday.

18,000 Cork (ticket sales are nearly 15,000 down there and there is Cork people everywhere in the country
8,000 Laois(massive support for such a small county)
9,000 Tipp(maybe more but rumour is they are waiting for the Semi v wexford
8,000 Killkenny Never travel big expect for final day especially if they think they will loose
2,000 Neutrals (passes etc

I'm hearing Tipp have taken half of the allocation they would have been expected to take

I'd say 45k to 50k

redsetanta

One thing for sure is that whatever supporters from KK and Cork that stay after their game will be cheering for Laois.

Might ramble on to the Hill for this one!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

South Laois man

I can guarantee you redsetanta very few people from North Kilkenny eg Ballyragget, Castlecomer,Freshford or Johnstown will be shouting for Laois!!!!!

clonadmad

Quote from: South Laois man on July 12, 2019, 05:31:49 PM
I can guarantee you redsetanta very few people from North Kilkenny eg Ballyragget, Castlecomer,Freshford or Johnstown will be shouting for Laois!!!!!

Given the option of shouting for laois or Tipp

I think we all know what the answer will be

I hope to god we can stick with them,imagine 5 mins out and the nearly whole attendance of 50 thousand people roaring Laois on

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 11, 2019, 10:21:40 PM
Also for others like me who live overseas and could not see the Dublin game, as neither RTE or Sky could be bothered and the GAA did not even bother streaming it, on the GAA Go site you can watch the Sunday Game for free (you have to register with them and you will need a debit or credit card but you don't get charged as its free) just go to the site https://www.gaago.ie/ and click on 'Catch Up' and its there. Its normally €10 but after Wednesday they make it free.
That pursuit of the sliotar by Willie Dunphy, early on (3:00 on the video), as it just about goes to over the line--to then get control of it, get a great goal shot which is then finished off by Aaron Dunphy. Just frickin' amazing! I can't stop replaying that.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

Eanna Lyons in for picky the only change. Best of luck to the lads
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: G@@ on July 12, 2019, 10:03:57 PM
Eanna Lyons in for picky the only change. Best of luck to the lads

Lyons started against Dublin so not really a change. Hopefully King can deliver his best performance of the year, we really need him to be at his best.

redsetanta

Jaysus it's great to see ads for the live games Sunday with Laois top of the bill.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

Quote from: redsetanta on July 13, 2019, 12:54:32 AM
Jaysus it's great to see ads for the live games Sunday with Laois top of the bill.
couldn't agree more, I spend a lot of my work travelling around munster especially tipp and cork , and to be able for once to be looking forward to being part of the action at the biggest stage of all is amazing. For Laois to be given real praise from traditional hurling people not just patronising praise but real praise has been brilliant... I couldn't be prouder of this team and what it's done for hurling in our county.

redsetanta

It really demonstrates the difference between a moral victory like Galway under Cheddar and beating Dublin last Sunday. It really is about winning. As a Laois hurling supporter it's a bit surreal. The parade will be something else on Sunday. I'm assuming the teams will parade before the start?

clonadmad

Quote from: portlaoisekid on July 13, 2019, 08:46:18 AM
couldn't agree more, I spend a lot of my work travelling around munster especially tipp and cork , and to be able for once to be looking forward to being part of the action at the biggest stage of all is amazing. For Laois to be given real praise from traditional hurling people not just patronising praise but real praise has been brilliant... I couldn't be prouder of this team and what it's done for hurling in our county.

+1

I work with a lot of hurling people too

The past week has been absolutely brilliant,being treated like an equal,being front and Centre of any hurling conversation and nothing patronizing either,All hurling people want to see another hurling county at the top table,there's been 9 different counties,winners of either provincial or national titles since the start of the decade.

From talking to the Tipp lads they definitely aren't taking us for granted

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2019, 01:47:39 PM

+1

The past week has been absolutely brilliant,being treated like an equal,being front and Centre of any hurling conversation and nothing patronizing either,All hurling people want to see another hurling county at the top table,there's been 9 different counties,winners of either provincial or national titles since the start of the decade.

Tipperary are the most cocksure shower of c***ts you are ever likely to meet. We are shit on a shoe to them. They've no equals in their own heads. They're laughing their holes off at you behind your back.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on July 13, 2019, 03:18:35 PM

+1

Tipperary are the most cocksure shower of c***ts you are ever likely to meet. We are shit on a shoe to them. They've no equals in their own heads. They're laughing their holes off at you behind your back.

I'm sure they would at you Don,then again most of the laois crowd on here think you are a dickhead so I wouldn't hold the tipp crowd to a much higher standard

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2019, 03:23:59 PM

+1

I'm sure they would at you Don,then again most of the laois crowd on here think you are a d**khead so I wouldn't hold the tipp crowd to a much higher standard
The greats are rarely appreciated among their own, I'll carry my cross with dignity. Tipp folk on the other hand are hated by everybody except their own.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on July 13, 2019, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 13, 2019, 03:23:59 PM

+1

I'm sure they would at you Don,then again most of the laois crowd on here think you are a d**khead so I wouldn't hold the tipp crowd to a much higher standard
The greats are rarely appreciated among their own, I'll carry my cross with dignity. Tipp folk on the other hand are hated by everybody except their own.

Being a bluffer doesn't make you a "great" regardless of what the voices in your head tell you.

Jog on,Son