2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

No doubt the lads will give it their all, this Sunday (as they have the last two Sundays). Who could ask for more?

Here's to the Kings of Laois!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

Strange that there was no Kilkenny representative/player at the launch today in Limerick: https://www.sportsfile.com/id/1749326/
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

"Laois captain Joe Phelan has called on Leinster council to expand provincial hurling series to six teams"

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/laois-captain-joe-phelan-has-called-on-leinster-council-to-expand-provincial-hurling-series-to-six-teams-38297547.html

A lot of press, lately, on expanding the Leinster Senior Hurling Championship to six teams. Leinster needs to implement this now. Keep Carlow up and 2020 will be a cracker of a year!

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Quote from: G@@ on July 09, 2019, 08:26:47 PM
Strange that there was no Kilkenny representative/player at the launch today in Limerick: https://www.sportsfile.com/id/1749326/
All not well over the ditch

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Leixlad

Wooly, Cheddar and Eddie Brennan podcast. Excellent stuff - check it out Mossy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ebXCy6L1oM

MasterJ

MasterJ

You don't think about this but we could be in the championship longer than either Cork or Kilkenny. And we are in the championship longer than Clare, Waterford, Galway, Dublin and Carlow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Draper

Quote from: MasterJ on July 10, 2019, 09:02:03 AM
You don't think about this but we could be in the championship longer than either Cork or Kilkenny. And we are in the championship longer than Clare, Waterford, Galway, Dublin and Carlow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You certainly didn't think about it when you said Dublin would hammer us

Don Draper

Quote from: G@@ on July 09, 2019, 11:00:24 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on July 09, 2019, 10:29:39 PM
All not well over the ditch

Can you expand on that?
A few home truths being told, and a lot of paint being stripped off the walls. Kilkenny told the GAA to f**k off when asked to send someone.

burdizzo

How do you know everything, Don?!! Fair play to you (except that you tipped Leix footballers to beat Cork!!)!

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on July 10, 2019, 09:46:43 AM
How do you know everything, Don?!! Fair play to you (except that you tipped Leix footballers to beat Cork!!)!
I tipped Laois to win, I'll always have faith in and back my own to win.

Silkyskillssunshinee

This will be a step up again on Dublin. I'll be interested to see if Brennan goes with the similar tactics as last time (play Lennon as a sweeper and bring Willie Dunphy out to midfield). Will Tipp do anything to counter this, or will they, like Dublin, just go with their natural game plan?

I believe if we can match the intensity that we showed the last day we can get with 7 or 8 of them. That's not a slight on the lads, it's just that Tipp will be a different animal to the Dubs. Will they make the same mistake and have one eye on Wexford semi-final? If they do, who knows what could happen.

Hartnett was out with injury the last day, so not sure if he's back for it. Phelan and Cleere did well in the corners against Dublin, so might not matter. Up front, will King lose his place? He hasn't set the world alight this season so far, and might not be as fit and sharp as the other lads due to coming in late. I think Bergin or Foyle could be near to a starting place.

Anyway, best of luck to the lads. There'll be a great Laois crowd there, and the 'Laois Laois Laois' vs 'Tipp Tipp Tipp' chants will be another battle to look out for!

MasterJ

There wont be that many Tipp fans as they think it won't be an interesting game.

burdizzo

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 10, 2019, 01:04:59 PM

Hartnett was out with injury the last day, so not sure if he's back for it. Phelan and Cleere did well in the corners against Dublin, so might not matter. Up front, will King lose his place? He hasn't set the world alight this season so far, and might not be as fit and sharp as the other lads due to coming in late. I think Bergin or Foyle could be near to a starting place.

Hartnett broke his thumb against Westmeath, so won't be available. Agree that Foyle might be in line for a run here.