Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 19, 2021, 07:12:29 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 09:28:44 PM
So what that long posts states is that there is nothing to point out that the vaccine stops you getting Covid or spreading it.

No you utter idiot - it points out how the process of making that declaration is - by its very nature - much more drawn out than determining whether it gives primary vaccine recipient anti-bodies, T-cells and whether they are protected against the disease/virus in question.

Of course, all that sailed straight over your head. Going by the state of your posts I'm guessing your default position on something beyond your grasp is just retreat to the facebook opinion?

Again, you seem to have taken a very long winded and misleading route before eventually confirming there is nothing to suggest the vaccine stops you from contracting and transmitting the disease.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

So it looks like the vaccine was nowhere near as successful as trials indicated according to data from Israel.

Well who would have thought that?

All those pig pharma cheerleaders look like idiots now.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2021, 03:48:50 PM
So it looks like the vaccine was nowhere near as successful as trials indicated according to data from Israel.

The vaccine (pfizer) should be successful. The way governments choose to roll it out makes it less effective.

Angelo

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 20, 2021, 04:30:58 PM

The vaccine (pfizer) should be successful. The way governments choose to roll it out makes it less effective.

Nowhere near as effective as their trials suggested.

restorepride

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 20, 2021, 04:30:58 PM

I agree.   The vaccines also offer a lot of much needed hope to society.  Their true effectiveness can only be assessed over time though.
In the meantime, they offer at least a partial solution for many as shown in the uptake so far.

armaghniac

Novavax's Covid-19 vaccine is 89 per cent effective and works against the new variants of the virus, according to data published from clinical trials in the UK and South Africa.

The US biotech said its trial in partnership with the UK government's vaccine task force showed 95.6 per cent efficacy against the original strain and 85.6 per cent against B.1.1.7, which was circulating widely in the country during the study.

In a separate phase 2b study in South Africa, Novavax found that the vaccine was 60 per cent effective in participants without HIV, with none of the Covid-19 cases in the vaccinated group being serious. The vaccine did not work as well in HIV-positive participants, however, dragging the overall efficacy in South Africa down to 49 per cent
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Good to see the European Court of Human Rights have passed legislation that allows for people to choose whether they are vaccinated or not.

https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

I know a good few posters here were on for abusing people's human rights and forcing a vaccine they have concerns with on them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 01:42:20 PM
Good to see the European Court of Human Rights have passed legislation that allows for people to choose whether they are vaccinated or not.

I know a good few posters here were on for abusing people's human rights and forcing a vaccine they have concerns with on them.

Be no good to you as you live outside of Europe now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Arlene losing her shit over the vaccine being stopped going over the border!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 02:16:28 PM

Boom 💥 💥

STREET FIGHTER

Beautiful work lol....

Angelo

You know where I live?

I knew that news would upset you though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 08:22:10 PM

You know where I live?

Cuckoo land? God knows where you live, thankfully nowhere near me

weareros

It seems like Von der what's her name has made a right pigs ear of the vaccine rollout  and has now riled up both Sinn Fein and the DUP in case the non-existent vaccines could cross the border to the UK, while poor Micheál is firing off phone calls to see what is going on. Time to put that smooth operator Barnier in charge.

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 08:39:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 08:22:10 PM

You know where I live?

Cuckoo land? God knows where you live, thankfully nowhere near me
[/quotT
Tá iontas orm go bhfuil cead ag Naomh Gall postáil go fóill.  Ábhar náire ag a chlub.