Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty one yard free

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 22, 2019, 03:10:37 PM
What do ye think of big Kennedy at MF?
I know he's new and still young but I've been disappointed by him so far but I know it's only February and he's been thrown in at the deep end with no recognized seasoned partner.

Good to see Skeet back in the subs but I still get the feeling Mickey is holding back his possible summer forwards until the summer.
I've already seen enough of Coney to think he'll be used at 11 later on.
Mickey knows we're in that chasing pack after Dublin and isn't gonna reveal too much this time of the year.

I think you're right about Kyle, as for big Kennedy you'd be as well with my mother in law standing in the middle a the park and she's kilt with a bad back and an in-growing toenail

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 22, 2019, 03:10:37 PM
What do ye think of big Kennedy at MF?
I know he's new and still young but I've been disappointed by him so far but I know it's only February and he's been thrown in at the deep end with no recognized seasoned partner.

Good to see Skeet back in the subs but I still get the feeling Mickey is holding back his possible summer forwards until the summer.
I've already seen enough of Coney to think he'll be used at 11 later on.
Mickey knows we're in that chasing pack after Dublin and isn't gonna reveal too much this time of the year.

Enlighten us as to what exactly this secret reveal will be come summertime  :-\

trailer

Harte has picked 6 backs in forward line. He thinks a lot of the attacking talent in the county.

southtyronegael

Quote from: trailer on February 23, 2019, 05:57:32 PM
Harte has picked 6 backs in forward line. He thinks a lot of the attacking talent in the county.
listen, we just don't have any o neills or Mulligan's any more blah blah blah.

on the sideline

BennyHarp

Well, feck the begrudgers, I enjoyed that tonight.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 23, 2019, 08:55:49 PM
you must be a sad f**k if you enjoyed that.

ctrallying

The only thing i cant figure out were Tyrone good or monaghan shite,nice to see some early ball into the forward line moving foward i hope we can make it work

omagh_gael

Quote from: ctrallying on February 23, 2019, 09:23:03 PM
The only thing i cant figure out were Tyrone good or monaghan shite,nice to see some early ball into the forward line moving foward i hope we can make it work

That was good to see, got so many scores off it. Petey Harte was unreal tonight. Real pity that chip didn't go in, would have been a contender for goal of the year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 23, 2019, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: ctrallying on February 23, 2019, 09:23:03 PM

That was good to see, got so many scores off it. Petey Harte was unreal tonight. Real pity that chip didn't go in, would have been a contender for goal of the year.

At least we were getting men up to support the player receiving the long ball. I think that was a major improvement from previous weeks were the likes of Harte and McShane we're winning long balls in but had nobody running off them. I thought Ritchie had a very good first half, his ability to pick a pass was a major addition to our attack.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 23, 2019, 09:06:46 PM

Winning by 7 points against a team that beat Dublin a few weeks ago. Not bad goin.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: trailer on February 23, 2019, 05:57:32 PM

6 backs my backside. Tyrone had their most effective attacking threats on the pitch tonight and they put in a great performance. The difference to the earlier games was the support play and follow up to the bal kicked in. Also Mattie was a very effective ball winner inside.

A lot was made of the team selection for this one but it proved spot on. The players that people see as scoring forwards who got goes previously really struggled to win their own ball and rightly didn't start tonight.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 23, 2019, 09:54:02 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 23, 2019, 09:06:46 PM

Winning by 7 points against a team that beat Dublin a few weeks ago. Not bad goin.

Ah let him go. The sad git will need something to give out about until the next game. No idea how he hadn't been banned for some of the comments in recent weeks. Never mind the multiple accounts he uses to spout the same crap.

omagh_gael

NotedObserver

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 23, 2019, 10:19:49 PM
What's the story with Lee Brennan?

I hope come the summer he is an impact sub