The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: whitey on February 07, 2019, 05:18:20 PM
First of all I prefaced my comment with the word seemingly. I don't believe anything from anyone on face value.

But you will still post stuff you don't believe on this discussion board?

Secondly......the nuances over the cloud versus the phone.....keep distracting

"the cloud versus the phone"

"Nuances"?

Are you seriously that technically illiterate?

"Keep distracting"

You mean that pointing out that what you posted is bullshit is somehow distracting? Well then maybe you should refrain from posting bullshit.

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 02:35:05 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 02:16:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 11:04:07 AM
"Wearing blackface is business-casual for democrats in Virginia" - Tucker Carlson

LOL.

If Tucker thinks it's all a joke at the Dems expense, perhaps he should cast his eye towards the Florida GOP.

I'd imagine there are quite a few politicians on both sides across the south nervously considering their past escapades in shoe polish at the moment.

Crikey J70 - don't be humourless. It was a cracking line.
What do you think about Trading Places - should this film be banned?

1. Fair enough.
2. Of course not.

Where is the consistency with the democrats J70 ?- Dan Aykroyd was poking fun at minorities by his look and mimicking the accent. Surely that is a hate crime under the left's rules?

But Ralph Northam - at the time not a politician - paints his face in 1984 now faces calls to resign from his own party.
Remember this was just one year after Dan Aykroyd did it.

This is the start of the left eating their own. Can't wait for the primaries.

1. I don't agree they're the same. Northam's was the dumb minstrel type stereotype along with a KKK guy. Ackroyd's was a character in a film disguising himself as a pot-smoking Bob Marley/Rastafarian style Jamaican.

2. Yes, I agree the left "is eating its own" here. It's a difficult situation, unprecedented, just like the fallout from #meetoo. It's hard to have consistency with an emerging problem. There's no roadmap to deal with this. The party as a whole is grappling with it while still being populated by professional politicians who have skeletons in their closet. I don't know what the way forward is. Northam is toast, that's all I know. Had he been a man about it, maybe he would have had some chance.

J70

Quote from: dec on February 07, 2019, 04:49:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 07, 2019, 04:24:18 PM
Seemingly Apple has handed over access to Roger Stones iCloud to Mueller, having refused to do the same for the San Bernardino attackers citing a dangerous precedent or some other such nonsense

Bullshit

In the San Bernardino cae there were 2 requests

Handover iCloud backups, Apple complied
Write software to break in to the shooters iPhone, Apple objected

In the Roger Stone case there was 1 request

Handover iCloud backups, Apple complied

You should try to avoid regurgitating nonsense from right wing conspiracy loon websites.

First of all I prefaced my comment with the word seemingly. I don't believe anything from anyone on face value.

He just told you they complied with the cloud request in both cases.

Is he wrong?

Was there a request to write software and break into Stone's phone as there was with the San Bernardino killers?

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 07, 2019, 05:19:48 PM
Christ of almighty. Are conservatives seriously trying to paint Democrats as the ones with a race problem? If that's not a case of motes and beams then I don't know what is.

Keep your filthy KKK hands off our confederate flags and statues!

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 05:41:41 PM
Christ of almighty. Are conservatives seriously trying to paint Democrats as the ones with a race problem? If that's not a case of motes and beams then I don't know what is.

Even your lunchbox is a dead giveaway about your underlying allegiances J70.

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 05:58:12 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 05:41:41 PM

Even your lunchbox is a dead giveaway about your underlying allegiances J70.

I loved that show!

Meanwhile, there's another one, GOP Senate Majority leader... https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_d4ce7700-2ae3-11e9-ace9-ff7814740140.html

I guess the last person out of the Virginia State Capitol should remember to switch off the lights.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 05:36:40 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 02:35:05 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 02:16:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 11:04:07 AM
"Wearing blackface is business-casual for democrats in Virginia" - Tucker Carlson

LOL.

If Tucker thinks it's all a joke at the Dems expense, perhaps he should cast his eye towards the Florida GOP.

I'd imagine there are quite a few politicians on both sides across the south nervously considering their past escapades in shoe polish at the moment.

Crikey J70 - don't be humourless. It was a cracking line.
What do you think about Trading Places - should this film be banned?

1. Fair enough.
2. Of course not.

Where is the consistency with the democrats J70 ?- Dan Aykroyd was poking fun at minorities by his look and mimicking the accent. Surely that is a hate crime under the left's rules?

But Ralph Northam - at the time not a politician - paints his face in 1984 now faces calls to resign from his own party.
Remember this was just one year after Dan Aykroyd did it.

This is the start of the left eating their own. Can't wait for the primaries.

1. I don't agree they're the same. Northam's was the dumb minstrel type stereotype along with a KKK guy. Ackroyd's was a character in a film disguising himself as a pot-smoking Bob Marley/Rastafarian style Jamaican.

2. Yes, I agree the left "is eating its own" here. It's a difficult situation, unprecedented, just like the fallout from #meetoo. It's hard to have consistency with an emerging problem. There's no roadmap to deal with this. The party as a whole is grappling with it while still being populated by professional politicians who have skeletons in their closet. I don't know what the way forward is. Northam is toast, that's all I know. Had he been a man about it, maybe he would have had some chance.

The point I am trying to make is that people can make the mental shift to look at Dan Aykroyd and Ralph Northam differently even though they have done exactly the same thing. People can make the decision to be offended if they want to or, more worryingly, if they are told to.

There is no roadmap for sure but throwing people immediately under the bus without proper review is dangerous.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

whitey

Quote from: dec on February 07, 2019, 05:28:54 PM

But you will still post stuff you don't believe on this discussion board?

"the cloud versus the phone"

"Nuances"?

Are you seriously that technically illiterate?

"Keep distracting"

You mean that pointing out that what you posted is bullshit is somehow distracting? Well then maybe you should refrain from posting bullshit.

Apple were full of $hit

An Israeli tech company was able to figure out how to unlock the phone for under $1M.

And I highly doubt the Israelis had to create a "master" key that potentially endangered every IPhone of that generation

screenexile

dec

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2019, 12:06:08 AM
Apple were full of $hit

What shit was it that you think Apple were full of?

An Israeli tech company was able to figure out how to unlock the phone for under $1M.

And how is that relevant to anything I have said

And I highly doubt the Israelis had to create a "master" key that potentially endangered every IPhone of that generation

Cellebrite claim that they can break into almost any iPhone

Gmac

Joy behar has had a blackface photo surface couldn't happen to a bigger bitch
See miss Cotez is going to eliminate airplanes and  build railways across oceans it's going to be some session from New York to Galway can't wait

whitey

Quote from: dec on February 08, 2019, 01:18:08 AM
Apple were full of $hit

What shit was it that you think Apple were full of?

And how is that relevant to anything I have said

Cellebrite claim that they can break into almost any iPhone

Apple said it couldn't be done without rewriting the code that would in turn open up every single IPhone (of that model) to serious security risk. Obviously the Israelis didn't have to rewrite the code....they figured out a work around in about a week

dec

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2019, 01:36:21 AM
Apple said it couldn't be done without rewriting the code that would in turn open up every single IPhone (of that model) to serious security risk.

I can't work out if you are really clueless or are just pretending to be for trolling purposes.

Apple said no such thing about rewriting the code because the government never asked them to rewrite the code.

Here is the government request https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2714005/SB-Shooter-Order-Compelling-Apple-Asst-iPhone.pdf

And here is Apples response https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

Apple objected to being forced to created a new version of the OS to be installed on the iPhone that would bypass existing security.

Thankfully those judges who ruled on this and other related cases sided with Apple.

whitey

Quote from: dec on February 08, 2019, 02:13:40 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2019, 01:36:21 AM
Apple said it couldn't be done without rewriting the code that would in turn open up every single IPhone (of that model) to serious security risk.

I can't work out if you are really clueless or are just pretending to be for trolling purposes.

Apple said no such thing about rewriting the code because the government never asked them to rewrite the code.

Here is the government request https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2714005/SB-Shooter-Order-Compelling-Apple-Asst-iPhone.pdf

And here is Apples response https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

Apple objected to being forced to created a new version of the OS to be installed on the iPhone that would bypass existing security.

Thankfully those judges who ruled on this and other related cases sided with Apple.

Believe whatever you want

www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/03/29/apple-vs-fbi-all-you-need-to-know.html

"At the time, Apple chief executive Tim Cook called the order "chilling" and said that it would require writing new software that would be "a master key, capable of opening hundreds of millions of locks". Cook's argument was that if the FBI could access this iPhone, nothing would stop them from doing it to many others."

I said "rewriting the code". Tom Cook said it would require "writing new software".

Again you're splitting hairs in an effort to distract.

If Apple didn't want to access the phone why couldn't they figure out a work around. The Israelis were able to figure it out in short order. Apples claim that helping the FBI would lead to the creation of a a "master key, capable of opening hundreds of millions of locks" was flat out bull$hit

screenexile

Good to see AOC cracking a few heads in Congress good on her!!