Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Tough games for all 3 i think. Dunloy will be better hurlers than slaughtneil but slaughtneil much more physical and at this time of year it might count. Think dunloy can sneak it though.

Don't know enough about sarsfields but lavey won't be easy with their history. Surprised to see them at intermediate but don't follow derry hurling that closely.kevin mckernan seems to be a big player for sarsfields.

Gorts struggled and if missing a player could be tough.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Weekend Hurling

Gort Na Mona may rue not finishing the job 1st time out but hopefully get over the line

Sarsfields are as good an intermediate team in the province and should overcome Lavey

Slaughtneil will pose the same threat physically as Cushendall did in our county final. On that occasion that wasn't enough as the pace we played at was too much for Cushendall to live with. Granted Slaughtneil have 4/5 very good hurlers but we have many more than that, this year more so than previous years. With any luck we will have a few days of decent weather to get the surface as quick as possible and like last time I predict Dunloy to win but it will be a battle there is no doubting that but our superior hurling skills will be the difference on the day

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on October 05, 2017, 11:12:00 AM
Weekend Hurling

Gort Na Mona may rue not finishing the job 1st time out but hopefully get over the line

Sarsfields are as good an intermediate team in the province and should overcome Lavey

Slaughtneil will pose the same threat physically as Cushendall did in our county final. On that occasion that wasn't enough as the pace we played at was too much for Cushendall to live with. Granted Slaughtneil have 4/5 very good hurlers but we have many more than that, this year more so than previous years. With any luck we will have a few days of decent weather to get the surface as quick as possible and like last time I predict Dunloy to win but it will be a battle there is no doubting that but our superior hurling skills will be the difference on the day

Thats the thing, win the battle and the skill will surface to the top and Dunloy should convert more than S'niel, though Ive been very impressed with S'Neil last season and wrote them off a couple of times... for most on that Dunloy team its a new experience at this level so hopefully they will be grounded by that management set up in Dunloy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ciaran1988

Paddy Power have Sarsfields priced up at 1/2 against Lavey who are 7/4. Surely far too short a price. I actually thought Lavey would have been slight favourites

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 05, 2017, 07:11:07 PM
Paddy Power have Sarsfields priced up at 1/2 against Lavey who are 7/4. Surely far too short a price. I actually thought Lavey would have been slight favourites

I'll have some of that thanks very much

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Owenbeg

There was a pitch inspection this morning at 10am and the Dunloy v Slaughtneil game goes ahead as planned at half2 Sunday. Looking forward to this

NAG1

I would say at this stage most pitches are going to be roughly the same kind of shape so shouldnt have too big a bearing on the result.

johnneycool

James Clarke on the whistle.

He refereed two games in the Down Senior hurling championship both involving us and I thought he was fine all in. Will let it go a bit if both teams allow and will call out the dirt too.

Milltown Row2

Sarsfields and Dunloy down at halftime
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 25, 2017, 04:26:23 AM
Hirty Darry anyone that knows anything about hurling knows that cushendall will win.. You nobody

Scoreline flattered cushendall was at least a 10 point game they were brutal could not deal with the pace we played at second half. See them pups they didn't just bark they bit too and that the start of the domination for the next 10 years

And you can believe that
few more academy sessions needed before world domination kicks off?? :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2017, 04:04:07 PM
Both beat at ft
Paddies beat by 2 and a man sent off. They'll be disappointed.

Jesusjones

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 08, 2017, 04:04:42 PM
Hirty Darry anyone that knows anything about hurling knows that cushendall will win.. You nobody

Scoreline flattered cushendall was at least a 10 point game they were brutal could not deal with the pace we played at second half. See them pups they didn't just bark they bit too and that the start of the domination for the next 10 years

And you can believe that

Them pups didn't bite much today.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 08, 2017, 04:04:42 PM

And you can believe that

Hard to hide it SG  ;)

Welcome back

Milltown Row2

Good to see our county do what it does best! Sticking the boot in  ;D