Monkey see, Monkey do

Started by stephenite, April 02, 2008, 11:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

I'm hoping this a late April fools wind up from the Western People, the last line I've highlighted in bold would suggest it is a joke.

http://www.westernpeople.ie/news/story/?trs=eyaukfgbey&cat=news

Monkeys may help to end Mayo's football famine
By: Keith Bourke

THE Mayo senior football team is to employ a controversial scientific technique in an effort to gain an edge in this year's championship.

A county board source has revealed to the Western People that senior officials are currently discussing the introduction of compulsory monkey gland injections for the senior panel.

"It's something we're seriously looking at. Over the last few years the failings of the team have been put down to a lack of aggression and mental toughness.

These injections are said to boost testosterone levels and mental ability. There's been nothing set in stone but it's an issue that has been discussed at a high level.We may have to do a little fundraising to pay for the injections, as they are quite expensive, but we are fairly certain the supporters will come on board to help defray the cost. A special fundraising drive is being organised at the moment." Monkey gland injections have been around since the 1920s and '30s with many wealthy Europeans and Americans flocking to Switzerland for the controversial treatment which is also said to reverse the ageing process.

The treatment was first pioneered by Serge Vonoff, a French surgeon of Russian extraction. Almost seventy years ago the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager, Major Frank Buckley, caused a stir by announcing that his players were being given monkey-gland injections in preparation for the FA Cup final against Portsmouth. Fears for the monkey population were removed when Portsmouth scored a 4-1 victory.

Bookmakers around the country are expected to slash the odds on Mayo winning Sam Maguire in 2008 in light of the latest developments.

wickla

"These injections are said to boost testosterone levels and mental ability"
Brilliant ;D

AZOffaly

I always knew Mayo were some shower of apes.

the Deel Rover

ah stehenite some things should be just kept to ourselves ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rosnarun

don't mean to be mean or nothing but have they started on James gill this year. he's definetly getting more simian feature I mean his eye brows never used to meet before
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere