the Apprentice

Started by the Deel Rover, March 27, 2008, 11:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Watched it, was going for Alex and I thought that they'd stolen it with the great reviews from the experts, but it seems that wasn't the priority for Alan Sugar.  Helene probably robbed Alex of it with her welcoming and cooperative sunny outlook.

Got a text after going "great, so now 20 million people will think it's ok to lie on their cvs".  He was convincing at the end though!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rois on June 12, 2008, 01:25:46 PM
Watched it, was going for Alex

Let me guess. You fancied him. ;D

screenexile

Yeah watched it myself last nite and I'm quite glad Lee won it in the end. My mother is up in arms though calling Sugar all the sexist pigs of the day "Claire deserved it blah blah blah".

End of the day she was in the boardroom 5 times on the losing team and I'd rather scratch 20 nails against a blackboard than listen to her. Good on you Sugs!!!

magpie seanie

Never watched it at all until last night. Was surprised at the low standard of the candidates to be honest. You couldn't have picked Claire cos she'd drive you demented. Yer man was the one with the most potential of the final two I think, probably of the final 4. Can't stand all that boardroom w**k though.

Croí na hÉireann

Managed to avoid most of this. Was subjected to a bit of it last night and nearly pissed myself laughing at the clip of ur one who claimed she was the best salesperson in Europe, what an ego  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rois

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 12, 2008, 01:30:31 PM

Let me guess. You fancied him. ;D

Definately not but would rather have looked up from my desk and seen him than any of the other three. 

ludermor

So you do fancy him !!

balladmaker

Apparently, the whole series was recorded within a 4 week period last Autumn.  The 4 of them worked for Sugar since then until 3 weeks ago when the final edition was recorded.  Someone told me today that apparently two endings were recorded with both of them being told they were hired to try to keep it under wraps until the last minute, but I find that hard to believe.

All round, a poor standard, you'd have thought some real high flyer would come out of it, but they seemed to be very average.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rois on June 12, 2008, 01:25:46 PM
Watched it, was going for Alex and I thought that they'd stolen it with the great reviews from the experts, but it seems that wasn't the priority for Alan Sugar.  Helene probably robbed Alex of it with her welcoming and cooperative sunny outlook.

Got a text after going "great, so now 20 million people will think it's ok to lie on their cvs".  He was convincing at the end though!

I think Alex, and Helene winged it. The other two had a flow to their plan, pick a name, pick a concept. However Alex/Helene's team got lucky with the bottle, and the name sort of followed. I was glad 'Sir Alan' (Christ they treat him like he is God!) put them on the spot to whose idea the bottle was. The feckers tried to claim it as their idea, and in reality the designer said...here's a bottle, and luckilly the bits fell into place then.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

It was Lee McQueen's first day working for Alan Sugar yesterday and what happened? He phoned in sick!  :D

Apparently he's suffering from Man Flu too ;)
Testing Accessibility