NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

An absolutely fantastic win today. I thought they all played well. Hennelly might be there for the year yet. Barrett, Harrison and Higgins take a bow, there was one stage they turned the ball over after doing it twice previously, and I said to myself if the forwards can start scoring we'll win. As for the half backs, effective if not overly starring. Vaughan did a great job on Moynihan. Midfield, I think we all can say Ruane is our find of the year anyway. AOS was brilliant once again. Half forwards - Boland had a very impressive first half. Doherty was Mayo's worst player on the pitch in my opinion. If he scored those two early misses, we'd see a different man. Diarmuid, excellent goal for the second one. McLoughlin was busy, usual self. Darren Coen wasn't too bad either. And fair play to James Carr took his debut in his stride, was very good. Subs all made a positive impact. Boyle's goal line clearance shows why he's so loved here in Mayo. Yes he's not the player he was and leaving him on the bench until 20 mins to go is the way forward. Treacy and Regan did well when they came on. Andy won a nice few balls too.

Right now, I don't give a sicín's if it's only the league. I wasn't in CP in 2001 when they last won it so I'm really, really happy with how the day went. Up Mayo.

P.S. up yours Martin Breheny, f**k you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 31, 2019, 09:36:03 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 31, 2019, 09:20:18 PM
Well done Mayo. A super performance and a well deserved win - although I thought you'd blown it in the last few minutes when you kicked away three balls. A really good day's work for Mayo.

Kerry will still be the greatest threat to Dublin's 5 in a row. The Bookies still have them at 4/1. They basically don't have to beat anybody in Munster to make the Super 8's.

For ourselves, beating anybody bar Dublin in their home venue of Croke Park has not been a problem since 2012. So today is no surprise, really!

The same bookies had Kerry hot favourites today.  Lets be honest this Kerry side are in transition and are few years off before becoming a threat to Dublin in the championship. Going by what was seen today they still need major work on their defence and midfield to avoid another quarter final exit.  I'd expect the Last 4 this summer to be Galway,Mayo,Tyrone and Dublin.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 31, 2019, 10:42:15 PM
An absolutely fantastic win today. I thought they all played well. Hennelly might be there for the year yet. Barrett, Harrison and Higgins take a bow, there was one stage they turned the ball over after doing it twice previously, and I said to myself if the forwards can start scoring we'll win. As for the half backs, effective if not overly starring. Vaughan did a great job on Moynihan. Midfield, I think we all can say Ruane is our find of the year anyway. AOS was brilliant once again. Half forwards - Boland had a very impressive first half. Doherty was Mayo's worst player on the pitch in my opinion. If he scored those two early misses, we'd see a different man. Diarmuid, excellent goal for the second one. McLoughlin was busy, usual self. Darren Coen wasn't too bad either. And fair play to James Carr took his debut in his stride, was very good. Subs all made a positive impact. Boyle's goal line clearance shows why he's so loved here in Mayo. Yes he's not the player he was and leaving him on the bench until 20 mins to go is the way forward. Treacy and Regan did well when they came on. Andy won a nice few balls too.

Right now, I don't give a sicín's if it's only the league. I wasn't in CP in 2001 when they last won it so I'm really, really happy with how the day went. Up Mayo.

Is that just generally,or has he done/said something this week?
Hasta la victoria siempre

moysider

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 31, 2019, 11:54:30 PM

I dunno? but f**k him anyway!!

moysider

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 31, 2019, 10:46:11 PM
Well done Mayo. A super performance and a well deserved win - although I thought you'd blown it in the last few minutes when you kicked away three balls. A really good day's work for Mayo.

Kerry will still be the greatest threat to Dublin's 5 in a row. The Bookies still have them at 4/1. They basically don't have to beat anybody in Munster to make the Super 8's.

For ourselves, beating anybody bar Dublin in their home venue of Croke Park has not been a problem since 2012. So today is no surprise, really!

The same bookies had Kerry hot favourites today.  Lets be honest this Kerry side are in transition and are few years off before becoming a threat to Dublin in the championship. Going by what was seen today they still need major work on their defence and midfield to avoid another quarter final exit.  I'd expect the Last 4 this summer to be Galway,Mayo,Tyrone and Dublin.

Everybody's in transition all the time - including Dublin.
Mayo did very well to win a league this year with new management and a team in transition.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on April 01, 2019, 12:37:41 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 31, 2019, 10:46:11 PM
Well done Mayo. A super performance and a well deserved win - although I thought you’d blown it in the last few minutes when you kicked away three balls. A really good day’s work for Mayo.

Everybody's in transition all the time - including Dublin.
Mayo did very well to win a league this year with new management and a team in transition.

Not the type of transition of Kerry where number of key players and All Ireland winners have moved on and replaced by mostly young/inexperienced players and they are expected to show leadership straight away.  Already you have plenty that has the view that Kerry need Moran back in midfield because transition can be easier with experience players like him in the engine room.

Horan isn't new, has returned and improved. Did well to win the league no doubt and Dublin not in the final opened the door for Mayo to win this title. For every new player Horan threw into the side he made sure that they played along side plenty of experienced players and even today the older heads played a big part in the victory.

Never beat the deeler

Great news to wake up to this morning, will watch it back tonight when I get home from work.
Tis only the league for sure, but at the same time it is always good to win. Winning is a habit and that will stand to these players.

A successful league, which was made possible by picking up a couple of early wins. We had the luxury of playing a couple of fringe or completely new players right the way through, even giving James Carr his first senior start in the final.

By my count, we used 34 different players across the league, with 3 players featuring in all 8 games - Donal Vaughan, Aidan O'Shea, and Jason Doherty.

Still a long way to go, but seem to be in a better place than we have been at this time of year in quite a while.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

Saturday's indo, putting an asterix beside our 2001 victory saying it only happened because of the foot and mouth, as well as listing all the senior finals lost since 1970.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

criostlinn

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 31, 2019, 04:15:38 PM
Aidan O'Shea took a line-ball backwards there. Ref missed it.

Wasn't a line ball. It was a free

TheGreatest

Good game of ball, however, a big difference between this and the full housed colosseum in August/September.

Interesting championship ahead.

Not overly worried.

cornetto

Great result for Mayo and the other contenders in connacht,nice little target on mayo's back for the connacht c/ship and beyond.
No doubt they will be favourites for connacht and as a galwayman that suits us just fine.
Is there any chance of history repeating itself as in 2001 ??
Hopefully!😁

stephenite

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 01, 2019, 07:57:22 AM

Saturday's indo, putting an asterix beside our 2001 victory saying it only happened because of the foot and mouth, as well as listing all the senior finals lost since 1970.

Billy Keane and Eamon Sweeney attempting to right those wrongs today - awful articles

Hound

I think it was 3 balls in a row Mayo kicked into the keeper's hands after O'Connor's goal. Criminal. That should be a big learning point, because they could have paid a heavy price had Clifford not missed that chance at the end. I know Hennelly did well, but it was more a bad miss than a great save in my view.

But Mayo were generally super in the second half. Well done! I said from early on in the league that they had a great find in Ruane, another big display from him. And some very nice points by new / relatively new forwards as well. Defence very strong as always, the Kerry forwards will never have come across that treatment before, so will be plenty to learn from that, if they're up to it.

Good speech by O'Connor too!

rosnarun

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 01, 2019, 02:07:04 AM
Great news to wake up to this morning, will watch it back tonight when I get home from work.
Tis only the league for sure, but at the same time it is always good to win. Winning is a habit and that will stand to these players.

A successful league, which was made possible by picking up a couple of early wins. We had the luxury of playing a couple of fringe or completely new players right the way through, even giving James Carr his first senior start in the final.

By my count, we used 34 different players across the league, with 3 players featuring in all 8 games - Donal Vaughan, Aidan O'Shea, and Jason Doherty.

Still a long way to go, but seem to be in a better place than we have been at this time of year in quite a while.
some ne said there were 10 debutants in this years league  which would be fantastic,  id it looks like most of them are l#well up for it. but Im  not  sure if that is including player like Darren coen / Eoin o donoughoe who would have played a few years back other wise
Carr
Ruane
plunkett
Mcdonagh
Treacy
Mick Cormack
James Kelly

cant think of any more the heads not great yet
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere