Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: ck on August 29, 2012, 09:35:25 AM
I think Mayo will suprise a few people even without their best forward. That said, they won't beat Dublin. Dublin who are not the team they were last year will still romp home by 6 points. Donegal will beat Dublin in the final

If Dublin romp home by 6 points and are not the team they were last year, and yet you still think Mayo will surprise a few people, either you think Mayo will be surprisingly bad, or you rate them very lowly to begin with. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Never beat the deeler

I think Mayo will suprise a few people even without their best forward. That said, they won't beat Dublin. Dublin who are not the team they were last year will still romp home by 6 points. Donegal will beat Dublin in the final

So are you saying that Mayo will surprise people by being worse than expected?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Crete Boom

Would Dublin romping home by 6 points not be what most people outside of Mayo and Dublin are expecting and a Mayo surprise would be sneaking a win or scraping a draw? Or would the expected result from a neutrals perspective be a hammering by Dublin by 10+ points with the game over after the 30 mins?

ballinaman

Seems to be the general attitude I've encountered in Dublin where I work, which would be a fairly GAA dominated area.....ah Mayo will give Dublin their full of it....but Dublin will win by a healthy margin in the end and pull away ala Mayo Kerry semi final last year....

Can't f**king wait for Sunday.

Farrandeelin

Focking hell this is unreal criticism of Mayo. As I said before, the only reak hidiing we got all year was against Donegal above and yet people expect us to lose by 6minimum. If we lose at all it'll be like the Laois/Meath games. This is not 2011.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Most of the Dublin lads I've talked to are very confident with Dublin in top form they'll win and win with a relatively comfortable margin but they are very worried that they won't hit top form. Their main worry is there hasn't been much evidence to suggest they'll recapture the performances that delivered Sam last year and even if they do can they sustain it for 70 mins?
I think the most definitive views on the result are coming from the neutrals I've spoken to who based on Andy's injury, our league final defeat and our soft road to the semifinal believe the Dubs in 3rd gear are 5 or 6 points better than us. In fairness a few of the more neutral posters here have also predicted a 5 or 6 point win for the Dubs which is pretty consistant with what I'm hearing.

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on August 29, 2012, 09:57:46 AM
Seems to be the general attitude I've encountered in Dublin where I work, which would be a fairly GAA dominated area.....ah Mayo will give Dublin their full of it....but Dublin will win by a healthy margin ala Mayo Kerry semi final last year....

Can't f**king wait for Sunday.

The prevalent view in Dublin from what I can see if that Dublin will edge a tight game. If Dublin can recapture their form from last year, I'd agree with that.

If Dublin play like they have all year then Mayo will win provided their form is right.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 29, 2012, 09:58:21 AM
Focking hell this is unreal criticism of Mayo. As I said before, the only reak hidiing we got all year was against Donegal above and yet people expect us to lose by 6minimum. If we lose at all it'll be like the Laois/Meath games. This is not 2011.
Mayo are clinical this year. I think they'll win and then the infighting will start in Dublin.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Barney

Cannot wait for Sunday.

i think the general view here is that it might be a step to far this year but that we are in good shape for the next few years.

There is excitement but no expectation and that is when Mayo teams are dangerous.

Declan

QuoteThe prevalent view in Dublin from what I can see if that Dublin will edge a tight game. If Dublin can recapture their form from last year, I'd agree with that.

If Dublin play like they have all year then Mayo will win provided their form is right.

Agreed

heffo

Quote from: seafoid on August 29, 2012, 10:43:25 AM
Mayo are clinical this year. I think they'll win and then the infighting will start in Dublin.

I think you're a WUM.

Dublin are AI champions. Historically AI champions generally do not retain their title.

There is no reason in the world for there to be any 'infighting' in Dublin if they lose Sunday.

Canalman

Honestly cannot see how we can claw back the 12 points ( 0 20 to 0 8) by which Mayo hammered us in the Spring or even before that the hiding they gave us in the 2nd half of the league game in 2011 in CP............ outscored us by about 12/13 points.
Will be a tightish game which Mayo will win imvho.

However if we produce a "Tyrone 2011" performance then anything is possible.

highorlow

The Mayo backs are a tight unit now and with the Dub fowards not clicking this year our backs should win this battle.

Whealo summed up this game very well on the SG. If Dublin keep their 3 big lads, Bastick, McCauley and Fennell around the centre then it will be a long day for the Dubs.

Mayo to win all the breaks around midfield and win by 4 to 5 points (if our forwards click, if they don't it will be tighter).
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Lar Naparka

I'd say Dublin are the favourites and rightly so. Quite simply, they have gone through a development stage, same as we are doing at the moment, and Gilroy hs more options to play around with than Horan.
Our buck has been doing an A1+ job of building his team to his specifications but he's not finished yet.
I think the team from goalie to midfield is as good as anyone could ask for. I can't see the Dubs racking up massive scores but I can't see our attack doing so either. I think Dublin have the edge here but I don't think the result is a foregone conclusion.
We had to put up with the same media crap when we took on the then AI champions last year.That's okay with me; Donegal had to put up with the same abuse until they clicked into gear this year. The Dubs also had more than their fair share of derision until they finally managed to win a Leinster title after many years of failure.
In recent times, they imploded year after year until they finally got their act together. They have been less than impressive in all their games this year to date and the cosy consensus is that they will finally hit form on Sunday and give Mayo a mauling.
Maybe they will but I fail to see the logic of this assumption. Naturally, I'm hoping they will believe the hype- as they did in 2006. It's only natural that a team will react to the mood of its supporters.

That's why I wish Mayo fans would drop the beal bocht attitude. I know Andy is a big loss and I know Joe McQuillan is a billox and so on and on ad infinitum but we have to go in without Andy and on with Joe Mac so why show the white feather before the game starts?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: heffo on August 29, 2012, 10:54:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 29, 2012, 10:43:25 AM

I think you're a WUM.

Dublin are AI champions. Historically AI champions generally do not retain their title.

There is no reason in the world for there to be any 'infighting' in Dublin if they lose Sunday.

I thought the Dubs might emulate Tipp, Heffo.
There have been a lot of post exit handbags this year but perhaps you are right.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU