Started by Barney, June 06, 2010, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

AbbeySider

Horan defiantly has the support of Mayo people on the ground, and there has been an anti-Lyons sentiment growing in the past few days so it will be interesting to see if the county board even risk it by recommending Lyons and go against the general feeling.

They may save face and not recommend Lyons if they know it wont be passed by the delegates.

Its all up in the air, but its kind of exciting isnt it?  :P :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 29, 2010, 02:13:31 PM
Horan defiantly has the support of Mayo people on the ground, and there has been an anti-Lyons sentiment growing in the past few days so it will be interesting to see if the county board even risk it by recommending Lyons and go against the general feeling.

They may save face and not recommend Lyons if they know it wont be passed by the delegates.

Its all up in the air, but its kind of exciting isnt it?  :P :D

Ya like falling off a cliff.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Barney

As I understand it one name will be selected by the selection Committee and put to the Board.

Will they read the cards. Will the delegates be willing to oppose? If they are not I expect Tommy to get over the line. If they are then I expect they may just nominate Horan to save their own bacon. Any decision will be for the benefit of "the boys" not for Mayo football. All we can do after that is pray

westmayo

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

westmayo

I think we all would be R&G, but then they did go that Lyons had the job last week

Barney

Interesting and potentially good news!!

Until its signed and sealed though....

Tubberman

:o The Connaught were on the ball with the Tommy Lyons story in fairness, so hopefully their source is right on this one too!
Going to be an exciting evening!!!

Anyone going to be around McHale park updating the rest of us in cyberland??  :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

boosabum

Tubberman,

Did JH have some form of army officer doing some training with the ballintubber lads ? Would this guy be part of the team.

Barney

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: westmayo on September 29, 2010, 03:42:45 PM
According to the Connaught Telegraph, Horan has got the job. http://twitter.com/thecontel

I'm damned if I know what to make of this. The only way Horan could have the job now, at five o'clock, would be if Lyons pulled out at the last minute. How else could it be possible? And why would he do it, having stuck it out this far? What in God's holy name is going on?

Surely the people couldn't have won, could they?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 29, 2010, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: westmayo on September 29, 2010, 03:42:45 PM
According to the Connaught Telegraph, Horan has got the job. http://twitter.com/thecontel

I'm damned if I know what to make of this. The only way Horan could have the job now, at five o'clock, would be if Lyons pulled out at the last minute. How else could it be possible? And why would he do it, having stuck it out this far? What in God's holy name is going on?

Surely the people couldn't have won, could they?

Perhaps we (the people - club members) have finally won. Because there would be an awful backlash, and the Co. Board men would have to have heard rumours and murmurs in the background. Until it's a done deal however...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

lets hope it true and the people have won . jesus lads it could be an excuse for the 1st official gathering of mayo posters in some secret location with Hardy as guest of Honour
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 29, 2010, 05:24:22 PM
lets hope it true and the people have won . jesus lads it could be an excuse for the 1st official gathering of mayo posters in some secret location with Hardy as guest of Honour

It wouldn't be the first, although Hardy wasn't invited.
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 05:26:31 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 29, 2010, 05:24:22 PM

It wouldn't be the first, although Hardy wasn't invited.

when was the last one muppet ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001