GAA stars with soccer credentials

Started by Gael85, July 04, 2013, 11:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 05, 2013, 12:01:43 PM
Darran O'Sullivan - Queens Park Rangers

Think O' Sullivan was only with QPR up to u12 level. That's when the family moved back to Kerry.

bennydorano

Gerard 'houly' Houlihan played  for Monaghan  Town/Utd?, Sligo Rovers, some others  too I think.

Throw ball

Quote from: bennydorano on July 05, 2013, 07:06:14 PM
Gerard 'houly' Houlihan played  for Monaghan  Town/Utd?, Sligo Rovers, some others  too I think.

I remember Houlie playing for Ards ( I think). In an interview he said he was only playing the soccer to keep himself fit for GAA. Or so I was told. Did not stay there long funny enough.

T Fearon

Houlie skipped an FAI Cup Final appearance and winners medal with Sligo Rovers in the early 90s to play for Armagh in the first round of the Ulster Championship.

imtommygunn

Chris Baird played for rasharkin. I think he moved to england before he was old enough for senior.

Joey cunningham armagh.

Michael o'neill bound to have played. I think mal donaghy was a st galls man and jim magilton sarsfields.

Leo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 05, 2013, 02:21:24 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 05, 2013, 01:19:07 PM
Socrates played Trench Cup for Trinners, I believe.

Are you sure? ;)
#To bracket Bonner & Given with Jennings (world legend) betrays a curiously Irish myopic view of things. Quite simply different class.
Fierce tame altogether

Estimator

Terry McFlynn
This guy has made a good career for himself. Played for the Swa' and St Pat's Maghera.
Ulster League Champions 2009

T Fearon

I bracketed them as any one of the three could be goalkeeper on this mythical team.It was not a comment or otherwise on the respective merits of the three as goalkeepers.Jennings was clearly a class above the other two in that regard.

From the Bunker

God you have to love the '90's the decade where Graham Geraghty, Anthony Tohill and Jason Sherlock got Trials with English Soccer Clubs. We were told that the clubs could not get over the fitness of these specimens who were amateurs. They were fitter than the professionals over there.  All newspaper stuff. The lads got a trial like hundreds of other up and coming lads, were not good enough to make it like hundreds of other up and coming lads and went back home. No shame in that, just not the big deal that a trial often is spun as. Still you hear it after a GAA player uses some sort of soccer 'Skill' 'Oh you know he had trials with QPR'.

The Worker

Marc Wilson played for st marys aghagallon, co. Antrim.