Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 13, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
The language being used lately by the powers that be is not typical of the individuals concerned.
There are definitely people lurking in the background telling them what to say and how to say it.

'Innovators of change' my arse.

No doubt Sean O'g really didn't want to be the one telling Croke Park that it wasn't a goer in Down either as well as Cork.

IMO they've went about this burn out the wrong way. Roll the changes in age groups especially for 17 to 19/20 at intercounty. Burnout may affect the high end lads who're pulled from pillar to post with club teams, university and intercounty teams. Any lad just playing club won't be suffering from burn out, certainly not if they hurl in Down.

EIREANNACH

Quote from: johnneycool on November 13, 2015, 11:38:01 AM
Quote from: rosskarr on November 13, 2015, 10:40:10 AM
After last night's county board Meeting it has been confirmed the age groups will remain as previous.
Good decision.

So we are afraid of change much to Sean O'G's dismay!!

"Are we just afraid of Change? Because change will ultimately happen in Under age Structures and here we have a chance to be innovators of change."

The man hasnt a clue. This was foisted upon us and it is a pilot scheme. No guarantee of being fully adopted.  Waste of time and resources and money.  Thank god our club reps have more sense than to entertain a hairbrained scheme.
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

wobbller

Isn't soccer just a shi-e game?

5 Sams

I hear the PSNI will be investigating some of the personal abuse levelled at some of the Co Board Officials on social media. While I think that's a bit heavy handed there are some real pricks on here and elsewhere online going overboard on their nasty abuse of certain individuals on the Co Board.
The Aristocrat Years

thebar

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 13, 2015, 10:02:19 PM
I hear the PSNI will be investigating some of the personal abuse levelled at some of the Co Board Officials on social media. While I think that's a bit heavy handed there are some real pricks on here and elsewhere online going overboard on their nasty abuse of certain individuals on the Co Board.

This is a wind up obviously... this make me laugh! Anyway what about Kilcoo v Cross on Sunday hope the poor weather forecast does not spoil it, hopefully should be a cracker and Kilcoo can do Down football justice and put in a big display they have it in them. 

5 Sams

Quote from: wobbller on November 13, 2015, 10:26:46 PM
+1 ,although a certain amount criticism is usually deserved.

No problem with criticism at all. I do it myself and I do it face to face and at convention. Personal abuse is wrong especially behind the keyboard.
The Aristocrat Years

interested

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 13, 2015, 11:50:55 PM
Quote from: wobbller on November 13, 2015, 10:26:46 PM
+1 ,although a certain amount criticism is usually deserved.

No problem with criticism at all. I do it myself and I do it face to face and at convention. Personal abuse is wrong especially behind the keyboard.
Well aren't you great?Face to face at Convention-whooppe wow! We all know the problem in Down in regard to any future progress.Conventions are just a box ticking exercise in accepting the woeful dirergard of the proper way by accepting the "down way".5Sams,say what you think instead of what people would like you to think!!

NP 76

I think for all that if you are willing to give abuse to an individual you should have the balls to say it to his face not behind a faceless account on a website. I know which way I would rather get called a bollox at least you could defend yourself. There hasn't been much out of the account since the posts have been removed

Mickey Linden

Is the Kilcoo game on radio anywhere?

Dubh driocht

Well done to Loughinisland and hard luck to Kilcoo and Glasdrumman. The Island were superb today and credit to Jerome Johnstone and Paul Duffin as they play to a shape and to their strengths. Kieran Gordon is calm and reliable, I liked the cut of the defence especially Digney and O'Toole and Rory Mason is a chip of the old block. To see the performance of Dan Gordon shows why McCorry should have made more of an effort to get him in- despite serious ' attention' from Colin Walshe- and was well supported by Aaron Mc Clements. Dan's goal was as good as you would see anywhere. Eamon Burns could do worse than the pair of them for mf. I think they will have too much for Bundoran and hope they can push on to Croke Park.

thebar

Was in Newry the day and in the end the best team won so fair play to Cross and commiserations to Kilcoo...after a bright start Kilcoo for the first 15mins or so seemed to have the measure of Cross and went 3 pts to 1pt up. That was as good as it got though and Cross gradually grew in to the game and finished the half on the front foot to leave it all square before turning it up a serious amount in the 2nd half to which Kilcoo just had no answer. I thought Kilcoo would have given them a better run for it but on the day it just didn't go for them...losing Paul Devlin so early was a blow plus the Cross bench seemed to have a greater impact on things than Kilcoos. On another note great to see so many in Newry to watch Ulster Club Football matches.

DownFanatic

Kilcoo simply did not reach the heights they were capable of today. It was an underperformance that will eat at them for some time. If they had of played half the football they are capable of then they would have been in much more favourable position now. Cross were defensively very good and had a tight reign on Laverty and Jerome Johnston which ultimately decided the outcome of the game.
Bundoran weren't overly impressive in the first game in Newry and Loughinisland now look very well placed to take the Intermediate.

Mourne Rover

Dan Gordon was outstanding today, and his goal, which he side-footed into the top corner after exchanging passes and cruising through the centre of the Doohamlet defence, summed up his performance. Eamonn Burns, who knows a thing or two about midfielders, will surely move heaven and earth to get him back where he belongs in the Down squad. There is a strong case for a close look at Aaron McClements and Rory Mason as well, as they showed some genuine quality on a heavy pitch against physical opponents. If we can come up with another couple of new faces with similar potential, a season in division one of the NFL may not look as intimidating as it initially appeared.

C Carr

I heard Kilcoo all went out last night after their defeat