Strategic Review of Gaelic Games in Laois 2017

Started by redsetanta, July 07, 2017, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on December 02, 2017, 09:29:35 PM
Good to see one of our GDA's doing a mixer in his spare time

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/galways-jack-canning-among-gaa-prospects-todays-afl-combine-378796
What he does in his spare time is his own business. Has anyone got a problem with his work in his role as a GDA? Have you?

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on December 02, 2017, 10:00:51 PM

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/galways-jack-canning-among-gaa-prospects-todays-afl-combine-378796
What he does in his spare time is his own business. Has anyone got a problem with his work in his role as a GDA? Have you?

Did he get paid for his time?.

I wonder does his contract of employment make it ok to also work part time for the AFL in the recruitment of GAA players?

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on December 02, 2017, 10:05:32 PM

I wonder does his contract of employment make it ok to also work part time for the AFL in the recruitment of GAA players?
So you now wish to see a good man sacked from his position for picking up a bit of extra work?

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on December 02, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

So you now wish to see a good man sacked from his position for picking up a bit of extra work?
Is he in breach of his terms of employment?.maybe if he is,he should have used his own personal judgement before he took on said nixer.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on December 02, 2017, 10:14:04 PM

Is he in breach of his terms of employment?.maybe if he is,he should have used his own personal judgement before he took on said nixer.
Great that you are here to be the conscience of Laois GAA.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on December 02, 2017, 10:42:15 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on December 02, 2017, 10:14:04 PM

Great that you are here to be the conscience of Laois GAA.
Thats the best you can come up with?,pathetic

merman

Fixtures Review Committee have submitted their proposals for 2018.

U21 Grades to be replaced by U19 in both codes. Played in the autumn.

Football Leagues to be reconstituted to 10 teams for 2019, based off next year's placings.

No changes to the Senior Football Championships but Hurling Clubs to debate changing to 2 Groups of 4. Joint-proposal from Clough/Ballacolla and Rathdowney/Errill.

clonadmad

I believe the review will be published early in the new year.

Heshs Umpire

Why can they leave the leagues alone? Every couple of years they f**k around with them. Stick with some format.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

clonadmad

Laois GAA Strategic & Action Plan launch will take place on Monday next, 8th January, in the Midlands Park Hotel at 8pm sharp

on the hop

Don Draper

Quote from: on the hop on January 03, 2018, 02:22:04 PM
is it open to the public???
Invitees are club chair, sec, treasurer, coaching officer, delegate, juve chair and sec.

I particularly like how in the press release the county secretary is already putting the onus of the report onto the clubs. Clubs need to fund the county board and it seems do their work for them too.

INTJ

With the strategic review coming out tomorrow I'd like to know what changes people hope will be in it.
I myself would like to see a move towards a long term professional set up that incorporates all players from the u13/14 up. My reasoning behind this would be that once a child is brought into the county set up there should be a clear line of progression, including expectations,  attitudes and outcomes with the senior teams being "professionals role models" in the same way of the first team premiership club.
To start with I'd invest heavily with a "laois player" app. This would be download able under licence by all players with coaded usernames for better personal protection.  Along with this each player would receive a performance tracker vest top "sports bra." With all players having to wear it to track activity for county, club, school etc and aduring all sport activities afterwards it bluetooth syncs to the players phone and app. if they play rugby/soccer etc with the consent of that coach. This is overall just to protect against over training etc. 
The app itself would allow for a better understanding of what your players and doing and how they are reacting to training. It will also allow coaches to send training material directly to their teams rather than waste training time on tactical talks the players can arrive to training with the training session tactics already known.
Along with the app I'd hire a full time nutritionist, exercise physiologist, S&C coach and video alalyst.  These people would be available to all Laois teams. Prior to training individuals would open their app see their coachs input and highlights from the previous games ex: possession turnover short 3min video on the turnovers etc followed by 2 min of coach instructions on how the session is going to be run etc. Players turn up switched on. Along with this the coach can give individuals highlights to them directly and what they are to work on themselves.
The APP+tracker would also allow for direct following of the S&C program and how they are responding to it. As for the s&c it should be conducted along the lines russian liner periodisation along the lines of Zerhoshansky, Zatziorsky, Siff and Simmons. This will instill a constant winning/achieving attitude from an early age on. Weight training should begin with the youngest teams and be a constant progression.
Going back to the club's I'd like to see how the underage structures are within each club. Again clubs could be given acess to the app with training games, structures training etc all there for them. I personally would like to see training sessions from u8 up be run with lots of 1v1, 2v2 skills based training games I think for skills development and overall talent.

Don Draper

Quote from: INTJ on January 07, 2018, 09:07:51 PM
With the strategic review coming out tomorrow I'd like to know what changes people hope will be in it.
I myself would like to see a move towards a long term professional set up that incorporates all players from the u13/14 up. My reasoning behind this would be that once a child is brought into the county set up there should be a clear line of progression, including expectations,  attitudes and outcomes with the senior teams being "professionals role models" in the same way of the first team premiership club.
To start with I'd invest heavily with a "laois player" app. This would be download able under licence by all players with coaded usernames for better personal protection.  Along with this each player would receive a performance tracker vest top "sports bra." With all players having to wear it to track activity for county, club, school etc and aduring all sport activities afterwards it bluetooth syncs to the players phone and app. if they play rugby/soccer etc with the consent of that coach. This is overall just to protect against over training etc. 
The app itself would allow for a better understanding of what your players and doing and how they are reacting to training. It will also allow coaches to send training material directly to their teams rather than waste training time on tactical talks the players can arrive to training with the training session tactics already known.
Along with the app I'd hire a full time nutritionist, exercise physiologist, S&C coach and video alalyst.  These people would be available to all Laois teams. Prior to training individuals would open their app see their coachs input and highlights from the previous games ex: possession turnover short 3min video on the turnovers etc followed by 2 min of coach instructions on how the session is going to be run etc. Players turn up switched on. Along with this the coach can give individuals highlights to them directly and what they are to work on themselves.
The APP+tracker would also allow for direct following of the S&C program and how they are responding to it. As for the s&c it should be conducted along the lines russian liner periodisation along the lines of Zerhoshansky, Zatziorsky, Siff and Simmons. This will instill a constant winning/achieving attitude from an early age on. Weight training should begin with the youngest teams and be a constant progression.
Going back to the club's I'd like to see how the underage structures are within each club. Again clubs could be given acess to the app with training games, structures training etc all there for them. I personally would like to see training sessions from u8 up be run with lots of 1v1, 2v2 skills based training games I think for skills development and overall talent.

Interesting.

By any chance would you know of anyone with such an app to sell perhaps?

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: INTJ on January 07, 2018, 09:07:51 PM

Don't think any of this will be happening mate nor anything near it.