Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2016, 08:42:26 PM
Id love nothing more to ref a match were players took the hard knocks in a game that's fair and move on.... That's the big difference... The Tipp and Cats and Galway men don't usually get drawn into creating a melee when is a hard tackle... Up North its a personal attack followed by fisty cuffs!!

Indeed MR, that's exactly our downfall.

north_antrim_hound

Good luck cushendall hope your bring it home
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnneycool

Best of luck to the Dall, they've a good chance if they can sustain the levels they had in the semi-final and keep that team ethos going that's stood by them this year.

Fairhead

Best of luck to Cushendall today. Have shown incredible fight to get here and no small amount of hurling. I do think they are up against it though. NaP have come out of Munster 3 of the last 5 years; you have to go back to the great Cork sides of the 70's namely Blackrock and St Finbarrs to find teams who have similar records in Munster. In saying that Limerick teams, both county and club, tend to underperform in Croke Park so you never know.

hurlingstick

They fought to the end, fair play. Na Piarsaigh just the better team. Unlucky RuarI Og.

Tony Baloney

Unfortunate not to get a handy teams in the final like the Shamrocks.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2016, 04:32:11 PM
Unfortunate not to get a handy teams in the final like the Shamrocks.
:-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Saffrongael

Two very one sided games today. Never thought Dall had much of a chance today, and so it proved. Na Pairsiagh are a serious outfit.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Hard luck to cushendall. They were up against a damn good team. Motm was a guy who was a sub shows the depth in their panel. They had strngth, speed and skill and just were too good.

Cushendall didn't disgrace themselves though. Shane mcnaughton was excellent.

Tony Baloney

Dall half back line had a busy day.

north_antrim_hound

I was down today and the Limerick crew where top class
Shane MC naughton was outstanding
No shame to go down to a quality side like that
Hard luck cushendall
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Cushendall got off to the worst start posable. But in fairness they scored two of the nicest goals you are likely to see. Hard luck.

btdtgtt

Na Piarsaigh just a better side all over the pitch - cushendall can hold their head high and accept that defeat - a successful year given the Ulster title a step further than last year and the parish have a day at HQ which in time will be a journey they remember fondly.

auld stock

would just like to say that in my heart of hearts i dont think that even our very best performance today would have beat what na piarsaigh produced. an absolutely super team. skill,running lines,accuracy & frightening speed all over the pitch.they had it all.no shame in defeat for us. did us all proud. around 2-14 is what we have been scoring all year so that tells its own tale.sometimes you just have to suck it up & stand back & admire pure class as you are watching it.to our own boys, what a journey from losing in the feis to cloughmills to the greatest show on earth on paddys day. pure magic.memories to last a lifetime. also the goodwill from all the clubs in the county was evident & very much appreciated. you'll always get a few who like to see people fail but to hell with them!!!  i can honestly say that having experienced the emotion, goodwill,anticipation & feelings of pride that this run provided,i wouldnt begrudge it to anyone. obviously i hope we can win the c'ship again next year to have another crack but if we dont i would support any team from the north goin down.it was an absolute pleasure & gave me memories for myself & family that i wouldnt swap for a billion quid!!! all the best to everyone in the c'ship but of course  UP THE RUAIRIS!!!!

Milltown Row2

Number 8 for NP was a serious operator !!! built like feck and a flying machine!! All big units to be fair! I'd be checking their nutrition source!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea