Attention OWCers

Started by gallsman, August 08, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 12:00:06 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on August 08, 2008, 11:57:39 AM
Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on August 08, 2008, 11:48:18 AM
I didn't think any more condemnation was required. 

Especially not from you  - eh

Oh FFS! ::)

:D
Typical

I don't know what your problem is Full Back.  In my original post I gave my opinion to gallsman on why I think he was banned which is the reason behind the thread.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

full back

I dont have a problem
You saw fit to comment on gallsman getting banned but refused to say anything about your fellow OWCers comments.
Speaks volumes

gallsman

Quote from: rosnarun on August 08, 2008, 11:25:05 AM
very hard thread to follow this if galls man made the 'close associates' comment he deserved to be banned
if he didn't some one is doing a Character asassination.
Own up whos telling lies?

Again, these words wer not used. Chrisowc posted the exact quote in italics, and as mentioned my warning was issued as I had ventured personal information so as to convince of my genuine intentions.

I have no doubt that the original poster, wazza, is a 15 year old little fart who thinks he's hard as nails. I have no doubt that 99% of the OWC members would reject and widely condemn his remarks if they were made all over again. My disgust and indignation came from the fact that a senior OWC member, Sickboy, decided to somehow use the issue of teen suicide in working class republican areas to socre cheap political points. This criticism was flat out rejected and I was dismissed offhand. From there I somehow let myself het dragged into a political debate, largely concerning the political status of the GAA and certain clubs naming themselves after formoer IRA/INLA men such as Kevin Lynch.

Then, after clearly and articulately making my points and trying to understand the perspectives of others I was banned.

Main Street

Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 11:59:09 AM
Loudest voices dont always speak for the majority MS.
And a bird in the hand is worth ... ???

We are in a thread about the OWC board.
I'm referring to the OWC discussion board and when I say majority it refers to numbers as in a majority.
The majority is the default view so it's fair comment to say in general.
I have no way to tell the extent of the silent level of higher sporting awareness that may be reading any given thread where the GAA terrorist loving  prod hating organisation is discussed.

Chrisowc

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 12:12:15 PM
I dont have a problem
You saw fit to comment on gallsman getting banned but refused to say anything about your fellow OWCers comments.
Speaks volumes

I saw fit??? ;D 

The thread is titled Attention OWCers and poses the question about why should gallsman should be banned.  I gave my opinion on that.

If you have any direct quotes that you want me to condemn or otherwise post them up.

gallsman

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 08, 2008, 12:20:27 PM
Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 12:12:15 PM
I dont have a problem
Speaks volumes

I saw fit??? ;D 

The thread is titled Attention OWCers and poses the question about why should gallsman should be banned.  I gave my opinion on that.

If you have any direct quotes that you want me to condemn or otherwise post them up.

You gave your opinion and I've offered a response. Would you care to comment on it? I initially intended to PM my main post but was then yapped and said "fcuk it, I may as well". You've read the thread andhave seen that there were varying amounts of personal information offered up which, if someone really really wanted, could lead to my being identified. I was thinking of the types of poster, like the aformentioned wazza, who may have been tempted to come out with some sort of abuse like "i know who you are. like. and my da's in the uvf so he is. like. and i'm gonna find out where you live and get him to kneecap you. like" and decide to pre-empt this with a friendly warning.

AZOffaly

Soory glensman, I was just going on the basis of your first post, I haven't looked at the thread in OWC, this is what you said..

QuoteHowever I decided that it would be wise to point out (due to the minority of mouthpieces on the OWC board who would have no interest in debate, but merely give me abuse or call me "IRA supporting scum") that any sort of personal abuse directed against me or my close associates would be taken very seriously.

I only saw Chris' post afterwards. I still think it's very strangely worded, and the 'Friendly advice' comment is also a bit odd, I can see where they might think you were insinuating something, even if you weren't.

And of course I meant to say 'terrorist supporting', not 'terrorist'. That was a typo.

The Watcher Pat

I registered on OWC about 3-4 months ago and remember reading this thread.....In fairness most of the posters on the site condemed this "wazza"......What a statement to come out with! The guy obviously hasn't the brains he was born with....

Never bothered posting any more on the site.....Nothing to do with this just nothing there i was interested in...Think theres a section closed off that i couldn't get in to....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

full back

The ones highlighted would suffice

However, some tosspot from Cregagh decided to mention that he found it "repulsing" (sic) to see people living near him wearing GAA tops. This statement was widely condemned as it was generally interpreted that what you man was trying to say was "I don't want any taigs living near me", a viewpoint reinforced by his later statement "so what if a am a biggot" (again, sic, he wasn't that bright). However, one of your moderators/admins, Sickboy, decided to weigh into the debate and mention that due to hs family history in the troubles he too found the sight of GAA tops "repulsing" as the first thing he thought of were clubs named after convicted IRA/INLA men such as Kevin Lynch. However he went on to attempt to score cheap political points by bringing in issues such as Sinn Fein, and somehow, the current issue of teen suicide in places like Ballymurphy and Ardoyne.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2008, 12:29:34 PM
Soory glensman, I was just going on the basis of your first post, I haven't looked at the thread in OWC, this is what you said..

QuoteHowever I decided that it would be wise to point out (due to the minority of mouthpieces on the OWC board who would have no interest in debate, but merely give me abuse or call me "IRA supporting scum") that any sort of personal abuse directed against me or my close associates would be taken very seriously.

I only saw Chris' post afterwards. I still think it's very strangely worded, and the 'Friendly advice' comment is also a bit odd, I can see where they might think you were insinuating something, even if you weren't.

And of course I meant to say 'terrorist supporting', not 'terrorist'. That was a typo.

Fair enough, I still think the most obvious train of thought would have been legal consequences, not bullet in the knee consequences. Maybe I'm too optimistic about the mindset of the modern day Northerner. Obviously OWC and it's admins/mods don't want any legal trouble whatsoever which is why I advised the the thread be closely moderated (something Chris kindly left out of his quote), to save ALL parties embarrassment.

AZOffaly

To be honest, that's what I thought as well, i.e. legal consequences. I wasn't thinking you were saying you'd be waiting outside the nearest NISC with an AK-47 :D

Either way, I suppose that constitutes a threat against 'the forum', rather than the individuals.

Also, I just realised I keep calling you glensman :D

gallsman

Perhaps it could be taken as a "threat" against the forum, but I did advise that the thread be closely moderated. Later on, I was asked by Marty if it was a "theat", and I said that no, it was just some "friendly advice". If there was any hint of a "threat" I would have been banned immediately and would have had no issues with it.

nifan

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2008, 12:14:37 PM
Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 11:59:09 AM
Loudest voices dont always speak for the majority MS.
And a bird in the hand is worth ... ???

We are in a thread about the OWC board.
I'm referring to the OWC discussion board and when I say majority it refers to numbers as in a majority.
The majority is the default view so it's fair comment to say in general.
I have no way to tell the extent of the silent level of higher sporting awareness that may be reading any given thread where the GAA terrorist loving  prod hating organisation is discussed.

Sporting awareness is hardly what  is being talked about

You said "the OWC are in general resentfull and hatefully bigoted against Gaelic Games"
Based on how many posters opinion? There is over 7000 members and there is probably a small group that post negatively about the gaa (I could name most of the people who posted on the matter without reading the thread).

if some people do have issues with the gaa then they can post it it doesnt mean they consider the "GAA terrorist loving  prod hating organisation". Some obviously believe this and are rightly condemned by the majority.

Chrisowc

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 12:31:37 PM

The ones highlighted would suffice

However, some tosspot from Cregagh decided to mention that he found it "repulsing" (sic) to see people living near him wearing GAA tops. This statement was widely condemned as it was generally interpreted that what you man was trying to say was "I don't want any taigs living near me", a viewpoint reinforced by his later statement "so what if a am a biggot" (again, sic, he wasn't that bright). However, one of your moderators/admins, Sickboy, decided to weigh into the debate and mention that due to hs family history in the troubles he too found the sight of GAA tops "repulsing" as the first thing he thought of were clubs named after convicted IRA/INLA men such as Kevin Lynch. However he went on to attempt to score cheap political points by bringing in issues such as Sinn Fein, and somehow, the current issue of teen suicide in places like Ballymurphy and Ardoyne.

They aren't direct quotes and in fairness to gallsman are a summary of what was said.

My original comments in the thread were based on actual quotes made by gallsman and I gave my opinion on them.