Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The most comfortable game of the season. Would have been 10-0 only Walcott started. Cash in on Theo now Arsene. Get £20m and buy a nice coat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

monaco all over the place in the 1st half. arsenal could have had about 3 already and look like scoring every time they go forward.
will likely end up a 2-0 glorious failure though. must be frustrating to be an arsenal fan...

beer baron

I think Arsenal will get 3 or 4,keep things in anyway organised at the back and you'll go through i reckon.

tyroneman

Not sure why Ozil getting so much grief and Sanchez getting a free pas. Sanchez has been woeful tonight. Ozil at least trying to keep things moving.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Aaron Boone

From the Bunker

Sometimes you need a sh1tty goal! Arsenal just try to score to precise a goal!

beer baron

Couldn't be any more Arsenal if it was scripted.

T Fearon

Over the Bar

That was as frantic as 15 mins of football as you'll witness.  I was on tenterhooks as a neutral so can't imagine what it was like as an arse fan. Talk about getting put thru the wringer!!

Wtf Monaco were at not keeping a man on the halfway line as a breakout??

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

beer baron

Get on over to the other game folks,could be penalties coming.

clarshack

said on saturday nite to somebody that arsenal would win 2-0. didnt put money on it though  :(

thought the analysts were very lazy in their arguments. kept going on about how the best team didnt go through (they just seemed to be basing it on tonights performance), but monaco played arsenal off the park in the first leg. if arsenal were complacent in the first leg then monaco were just as bad tonight. the monaco psychology was all wrong just like bayern a couple of years ago - thought they just had to turn up in the 2nd leg.

T Fearon

Bono is now lobbying UEFA to have Monaco's first leg result in London cancelled >:(

Main Street

Quote from: clarshack on March 17, 2015, 09:55:04 PM
said on saturday nite to somebody that arsenal would win 2-0. didnt put money on it though  :(

thought the analysts were very lazy in their arguments. kept going on about how the best team didnt go through (they just seemed to be basing it on tonights performance), but monaco played arsenal off the park in the first leg. if arsenal were complacent in the first leg then monaco were just as bad tonight. the monaco psychology was all wrong just like bayern a couple of years ago - thought they just had to turn up in the 2nd leg.
How about, instead of thinking they just had to turn up, more probably they didn't know what game to play. Monaco were just a bundle of nerves  who for the most part  couldn't hold onto the ball, who kept giving the ball back to Arsenal, in dangerous areas. And it was their generally solid defence who handed Arsenal their 2nd goal life line on a plate, with an atrocious piece of panic defending.