Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Aye they're embarrassing if you take them seriously. They're just the result of what passes as popular today.

Good article in the Athletic today about Sol Campbell's move across North London. Jesus, that must've been sore for Spurs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Captain Obvious

Arsenal in relegation form. Wenger might be brought back if this run continues.

ONeill

As weird as it is, Arsenal are playing alright until it comes to finishing.

tiempo

Quote from: ONeill on December 13, 2020, 10:05:03 PM
As weird as it is, Arsenal are playing alright until it comes to finishing.

Honesty they aren't
Players slaves to a shite system
MO seems to be switch ya brain off as you walk through the door

ONeill

reillycavan

Xkaka should be shipped out now. Recruitment and give mad contracts has set the club back badly.

tiempo

Quote from: ONeill on December 13, 2020, 11:27:13 PM
What's the system?

"Win" the passing stats
Pass in triangles ad infinutum around the fringes while going nowhere with little attempt to actually play an incisive pass
Don't shoot
And hope that's enough to win games
Switch ya brain off and do this on repeat, don't express yourself or God forbid take a risk

tyroneman

Had to laugh at that Evra story about Henry inviting him over to watch an Arsenal game, then turning it off when he saw Xhaka leading them out as captain.

Arteta has dug a fair hole for himself by claiming everyone would start with a clean slate, then quickly putting various players out in the cold, while rewarding others, regardless of poor game after poor game.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2020, 07:34:06 PM
So is that Arsenal out of the title race?

Loss 8 of 14 in the league. After bearing Utd things look rosy enough but they've been awful since that

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/21/arsenal-plan-doomsday-scenario-relegation-premier-league/

Arsenal have planned for the doomsday scenario of relegation from the Premier League with a number of players facing big pay cuts if the club goes down.

Unlike Chelsea in 2015, when they were 16th in the Premier League table during December, Arsenal have protected themselves against the financial impact of relegation.

It is understood that many of Arsenal's traditional rivals do not plan for the threat of relegation by inserting reduction clauses into their players' contracts, but the practice is relatively common outside the big six.

Mikel Arteta outburst worryingly reminiscent of Rafael Benitez's 'facts' rant
Arsenal's relegation clauses are thought to be relatively new, given the fact many stalwarts of the Arsene Wenger era never had them during their careers.

Arsenal are 15th in the table, four points above the relegation zone, and have not been relegated since the 1912-13 season, when, as Woolwich Arsenal, they finished bottom of the old First Division.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Let's see if Arsenal can build on that. They haven't been playing badly recently. Some crap results but the football was there.

Dinny Breen

If Arsenal can will tonight they will only be 6 points behind title challengers Chelsea  :o

One good midfielder away from a decent side that could win the Europa Cup.
#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 29, 2020, 02:24:16 PM
If Arsenal can will tonight they will only be 6 points behind title challengers Chelsea  :o

One good midfielder away from a decent side that could win the Europa Cup.

A lot of talk about Aouar. Can't comment on him but he seems to be a clever player, but so was Havertz and he hasn't set the place alight in Chelsea. Still think the defence is dodgy