Gerry Adams "had Jean McConville disappeared"

Started by Minder, March 28, 2010, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: stew on March 28, 2010, 03:44:11 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 28, 2010, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2010, 03:13:24 PM
Oh same here ard
This is a movement led by the nose by a leadership that refuses to let go, and anyone who objects to it, anyone who has an alternative, is either ridiculed, degraded, shot or put out of the game altogether."
I know that part is true especially in recent years.

I would just question Hughes motives and it would make me wary or anything he says.
I don't see why he would lie to be honest

Lets see, hmmm, he was a murdering sc**bag and he had plenty of motive to lie, thats a good reason in my book for him to fabricate.

Could  the same not be said about Adams?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

slow corner back

McGuiness, Kelly and others have convictions for IRA membership and have done time therefore cannot be put away again for it. Adams has never been convicted of anything and therefore if he admitted it he would have to do some time for it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 28, 2010, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2010, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 28, 2010, 04:12:39 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2010, 03:47:00 PM
ard, because he didn't agree with the way adams and co were taking the movement and wants to do them harm? (though I don't think anything disclosed so far will harm him)

I get it hard to understand why he couldn't understand Adams reasons for not disclosing everything he ever done especially when he's only done it himself when he's dead.
Adams has consistently denied being in the IRA. That's not refusing to disclose 'everything he ever done'. That's denying everything he ever was, while at the same time insulting the intelligence of anyone within earshot.
fine, change my "disclosing everything he ever done" to "disclosing he was in the IRA"...same point.
Not really. If it's okay for Martin McGuinness, Gerry Kelly, and a whole cadre of other Shinners to admit they were in the IRA, why not Adams?

Do you really  not know why?  Why do people keep bringing this question up? Are you slow or do you think it makes some sort of point - have a look at slowcornerbacks's response and make a mental note so you never need to ask the question again and again.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: slow corner back on March 28, 2010, 05:28:29 PM
McGuiness, Kelly and others have convictions for IRA membership and have done time therefore cannot be put away again for it. Adams has never been convicted of anything and therefore if he admitted it he would have to do some time for it.
Unless he did something after the signing of the GFA, which I think is unlikely, he would not have to do any time at all.

nrico2006

Does it matter when he did something?  If he was found to have done something prior to the GFA then he would still get a small sentence for any charge he could be convicted of.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

slow corner back

Then why is Gerry McGeough in court at the minute for an attempted murder in 1975?

pintsofguinness

He doesnt have to do something, being a member of the IRA is still illegal.
He'd have to be a f**king idiot to publicly admit to being a member of the IRA. Myles or anyone else who wants him to admit his past actions why don't you start campaigning for immunity for him...

Gaffer

Adams is being a bit of a hypocrite as he spends alot of time demanding others tell the truth about the past.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2010, 06:44:32 PM
He'd have to be a f**king idiot to publicly admit to being a member of the IRA. Myles or anyone else who wants him to admit his past actions why don't you start campaigning for immunity for him...

I think the problem is that he denies having been a member, which is an insult to people's intelligence. If he can lie so easily about that, you wonder what else is a lie. Are you sure McGuinness was convicted of IRA membership? 

Minder

Could Hughes not have benefitted more financially if had of told his story while he was still living?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Minder on March 28, 2010, 06:52:26 PM
Could Hughes not have benefitted more financially if had of told his story while he was still living?

Maybe it wasn't about the money... he was very disillusioned with the SF leadership.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 28, 2010, 06:52:08 PM

I think the problem is that he denies having been a member, which is an insult to people's intelligence. If he can lie so easily about that, you wonder what else is a lie. Are you sure McGuinness was convicted of IRA membership?

and you think he should admit to IRA membership and run the risk of being convicted, how stupid would he have to be?

Yes, mcguinness was convicted of IRA membership (twice I think) - in the south - he stood in the dock in a court in dublin and made a speech. 

McGuinness also admitted to the public sunday enquiry (under immunity) that he was a IRA member but have a read of the last paragraph when considering why Adams won't publicly confess (without immunity)...
http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/0429/bloodysunday.html

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2010, 06:56:32 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 28, 2010, 06:52:08 PM

and you think he should admit to IRA membership and run the risk of being convicted, how stupid would he have to be?

Yes, mcguinness was convicted of IRA membership (twice I think) - in the south - he stood in the dock in a court in dublin and made a speech.

So he should refuse to comment on it...   is not like they ain't experts at avoiding questions. 

pintsofguinness

So he should refuse to comment on it...   is not like they ain't experts at avoiding questions. 
and then face a lot of other questions about why he won't comment....

Myles Na G.

Quote from: slow corner back on March 28, 2010, 06:40:25 PM
Then why is Gerry McGeough in court at the minute for an attempted murder in 1975?
Let's see how much time Gerry McGeough does if convicted. Not one day, would be my guess.