Gerry Adams "had Jean McConville disappeared"

Started by Minder, March 28, 2010, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: lawnseed on March 31, 2010, 11:41:46 PM
if you listen carefully to ed maloney you will hear exactly what he is saying BUY MY BOOK BUY MY BOOK...........I WANT YOUR MONEY BUY MY BOOK... the allegations are not new but if he'd not mentioned Gerry Adams at all it would be in the bargain basket before it was on the shelf. my book will be out soon in which someone who's dead swears that Gerry Adams had an affair with cardinal Daly.... :o see what i mean buy MY BOOK instead

I've seen Gerry doing the book signings too... why doesn't he put up here and sue?

orangeman

Quote from: Rois on April 01, 2010, 09:12:04 AM
OK the Irish News is really bothering me with this stuff.

The biggest financial upheaval in Ireland and you have to wait until page 27 to read anything about it, including a sale of one of the big 4 banks in the province.  It was Page 14 before the most freakish weather in years got a mention.

And Gerry Adams saying Brendan Hughes "wasn't well" when he carried out the interviews gets the front page? 

I have no love for Sinn Fein but what exactly is their agenda?
[/b]

Maybe they believe that Gerry WAS a member of the Provos when he contends that he was never a member ?.

Maybe they accept Brendan Hughes' version of events, given that Gerry and others in the Republican movement hasn't always told the truth ?

But at the end of the day, they realise that Gerry IS NEVER going to sue them. Which is what he should do if he really believes that his name is being sullied.

glens abu

They can try all they want Attwood has no chance in the west Gerry will still get 20 odd thousand votes ;D

orangeman

Quote from: glens abu on April 01, 2010, 10:41:52 AM
They can try all they want Attwood has no chance in the west Gerry will still get 20 odd thousand votes ;D

Correct.

Rois

Quote from: orangeman on April 01, 2010, 10:37:42 AM

The biggest financial upheaval in Ireland and you have to wait until page 27 to read anything about it, including a sale of one of the big 4 banks in the province.  It was Page 14 before the most freakish weather in years got a mention.

And Gerry Adams saying Brendan Hughes "wasn't well" when he carried out the interviews gets the front page? 

[/b]

Maybe they believe that Gerry WAS a member of the Provos when he contends that he was never a member ?.

Maybe they accept Brendan Hughes' version of events, given that Gerry and others in the Republican movement hasn't always told the truth ?

But at the end of the day, they realise that Gerry IS NEVER going to sue them. Which is what he should do if he really believes that his name is being sullied.

That is all fine but in one of the most turbulent economic weeks this country has ever seen, I was hoping that the Irish News would attribute a bit more coverage to associated events, rather than report non-news stories on their front page. 

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: glens abu on April 01, 2010, 09:33:24 AM

Election 5 weeks away and the SDLP owners "the Fitzpatricks" are big SDLP backers

And the Fitzpatricks hate backing losers...
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Angelo

The never ending saga back in the headlines again.

Basically it will go around and around in loops but it will never be solved until there is a willingness to come clean from all sides:

I think it looks incredibly likely the following took place:

- Jean McConville was a British Intelligence informant
- She had been caught and given a warning that she would be killed if she continued to do so
- Her British handlers were aware of this
- She was caught again and her death was ordered by the senior IRA figures
- Gerry Adams was likely the man who gave the orders along with Ivor Bell
- Dolours Price and Pat McClure carried out the execution and disappearance

But they'll never have closure:

- Adams won't admit to being in the IRA, won't admit to having knowledge of the decision to execute her or admit to giving the order
- The Brits won't admit to having her as an informant, won't admit to endangering the life of one of their assets in full knowledge that she was under severe threat and won't hand over classified documents
- Her family won't accept the likelihood that she was indeed a tout and was killed for this reason

It's a sad situation that bears all the hallmarks of the harshness of life back then but I think there were far worse atrocities and far bigger victims back that don't get the spotlight the Jean McConville case still does.

It will continue to wrangle on and wrangle on without ever reaching closure and certain elements will use here name to get as much political capital as they can.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on October 17, 2019, 10:08:36 PM

Basically it will go around and around in loops but it will never be solved until there is a willingness to come clean from all sides:

- She had been caught and given a warning that she would be killed if she continued to do so

- Adams won't admit to being in the IRA, won't admit to having knowledge of the decision to execute her or admit to giving the order
- The Brits won't admit to having her as an informant, won't admit to endangering the life of one of their assets in full knowledge that she was under severe threat and won't hand over classified documents
- Her family won't accept the likelihood that she was indeed a tout and was killed for this reason

It's a sad situation that bears all the hallmarks of the harshness of life back then but I think there were far worse atrocities and far bigger victims back that don't get the spotlight the Jean McConville case still does.

It will continue to wrangle on and wrangle on without ever reaching closure and certain elements will use here name to get as much political capital as they can.

I think that's 100% right

Wildweasel74

Informer, and I don't know about Gerry not suing people but I have a fair idea her relatives would sue idiots stupid enough to post that accusation on a open forum. Your not the brightest,  are you Angelo?

Angelo

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 18, 2019, 12:17:05 AM
Informer, and I don't know about Gerry not suing people but I have a fair idea her relatives would sue idiots stupid enough to post that accusation on a open forum. Your not the brightest,  are you Angelo?

I'm not saying anything with any certainty, I'm just giving my view on the likelihood of events with the facts we know.

We have statements from a variety of different people that attest to the fact Adams knew about and actually ordered the execution of McConville and there are statements from a variety of people of McConville having being caught on a number of occasions with recording devices used by British Intelligence. So I don't know how that could be construed as libellous, there are a number of books published by respected authors who label McConville as an informer, there have been tv shows and documentaries that have aired allegations from Dolours Price and Brendan Hughes that McConville was indeed an informer.

I struggle to see why you are getting your knickers up in a twist.

I don't think we are likely to get anywhere on resolving the matter until Adams and the British come clean and until the McConville family try to stop burying the facts of the case they don't like.

I'm much smarter than you also.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 07:10:48 AM

I'm not saying anything with any certainty, I'm just giving my view on the likelihood of events with the facts we know.

We have statements from a variety of different people that attest to the fact Adams knew about and actually ordered the execution of McConville and there are statements from a variety of people of McConville having being caught on a number of occasions with recording devices used by British Intelligence. So I don't know how that could be construed as libellous, there are a number of books published by respected authors who label McConville as an informer, there have been tv shows and documentaries that have aired allegations from Dolours Price and Brendan Hughes that McConville was indeed an informer.

I don't think we are likely to get anywhere on resolving the matter until Adams and the British come clean and until the McConville family try to stop burying the facts of the case they don't like.

There are single celled organisms would give you a run for your money. ;D

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 07:20:56 AM

Until your balls ever drop low enough for you to take me on in a debate, you can make all the little hit and run jibes you want but we'll still see past them.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 07:26:51 AM
Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 07:20:56 AM

Until your balls ever drop low enough for you to take me on in a debate, you can make all the little hit and run jibes you want but we'll still see past them.

Debate!!!  This from someone paranoid that every referee in the country is against Tyrone, hissy fit isn't debating.  8)

t_mac

Speculation and casting aspersions on someone who can't defend themselves and insulting their family is also not debate, it damn right dangerous.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 08:04:16 AM

Speculation and casting aspersions on someone who can't defend themselves and insulting their family is also not debate, it damn right dangerous.

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 08:04:16 AM

This is a discussion board, I don't think you grasp that.

The information is in the public domain so I'm not speculating or casting aspersions, I'm merely making my own personal, rational conclusions on what we have available.

If you have anything that may contradict that then be my guest but if you're just sniping because you don't have the intellect to contribute to this discussion then I suggest you toddle on.

How have I insulted the family?