Laois Junior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

A pity this is on after the 2 senior semis. A lot of people will head home.
Park will win I think. Rosenallis have been close in recent years but not able to finish the job.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: SCFC on October 01, 2016, 08:17:38 AM
Park will win I think. Rosenallis have been close in recent years but not able to finish the job.

Rosenallis haven't been within an asses roar of this title in quite a long time. However, good win for them today in a tight match. They'll do ok in intermediate next year, I'd imagine.

SCFC

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on October 02, 2016, 08:18:32 PM
Quote from: SCFC on October 01, 2016, 08:17:38 AM

Rosenallis haven't been within an asses roar of this title in quite a long time. However, good win for them today in a tight match. They'll do ok in intermediate next year, I'd imagine.

They lost semi final in 2014 and 2015. Great win for them tonight. Number 4 was brilliant. Subs number 11 and 24 (John Lennon) also did very well. Been a tough year up there for them off the field so well done to them.
Bitterly disappointing for PR. Had chances to draw or even win it. Have a few good young lads coming through and have to be favourites to win this title next year.

The Rover

Have to agree I thought  No. 4 (Fennell) for Rosenallis was outstanding for such a young player No. 8 (Callaly) was also very impressive the two players were the difference between the teams
Rosenallis are a very young side with fast competitive footballers. P.R. were at times outplayed but managed to hang in and created an number of chances to draw or win the game they are also a very good young team that will win championships in the future. Rosenallis bench was very strong especially No. 24 (Lennon) No.11 (Murray)
when introduced really strengthened things up.   

Unlaoised

Rosenallis were the better team and deserved their win !
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Good win for Rosenallis. Unlucky to lose to us in a couple of hard fought semis in recent years. Park will rise again. Junior A is a tough grade to get out of.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on October 04, 2016, 07:59:44 AM
Good win for Rosenallis. Unlucky to lose to us in a couple of hard fought semis in recent years. Park will rise again. Junior A is a tough grade to get out of.

Park will be outstanding favourites for this next year...They will fancy beating Kilcavan who came down and hopefully the Senior team second or third teams will loose players before it gets down to the nitty gritty stage...

Good to see two proper junior teams in the final this year ..
LAOIS ABÚ

LaoisHeart

I taught it was a good game but I seen both play better through out the year. A draw would have been fair but I agree with the subs that won this game

Don Draper

Rosenallis' bench proved the difference for sure, and their forwards proved a handful all day. Saying that the Park centre forward missed a sitter in second half to win it. Brennan at centre back was a big loss for Park, I could be wrong but I think they changed every line on the field as a result from when I saw them in the semi final.

From the Terrace

Great year for rosenallis, winning intermediate hurling yest as well, shows if you invest in juvenile system you'll reap the rewards, average age of both panels is about 22 or 23.

Don Draper

A busy few weeks ahead in Leinster now as well.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: From the Terrace on October 09, 2016, 09:34:31 AM
Great year for rosenallis, winning intermediate hurling yest as well, shows if you invest in juvenile system you'll reap the rewards, average age of both panels is about 22 or 23.

Erm, in a county with 26(?) paarishes, they're the 25th best club team at the moment. Contextualise what you're saying. Will they win the IFC in the next 7/8 years? That's what they need to aim for.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on October 09, 2016, 07:28:08 PM
Quote from: From the Terrace on October 09, 2016, 09:34:31 AM

Erm, in a county with 26(?) paarishes, they're the 25th best club team at the moment. Contextualise what you're saying. Will they win the IFC in the next 7/8 years? That's what they need to aim for.

How many clubs are properly duel, ballyfin, portlaoise, ratheniska and clonaslee, to win 2 championships in one year un serious going, the good thing for them is that they have continued success underage, so they will be able to rely on picking the best one/two from an underage team rather than 7 or 8