Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I'm so pleased the SW won something this year... can't claim the Dunloy team unfortunately so winning the venue and referee will have to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

So am I. SW facilities all excellent and based off their own hard work and money. Its a real pity some clubs cant even maintain the paltry facilities that they do have, despite handouts. Condemned stands & changing rooms here, tarnished county grounds there, begging bowl always at the ready.  Some clubs always looking to take shortcuts with the quick and easy options......reminds me of the county board.

The Gs Man

How many SW pounds will it cost me to watch this spectacle on Sunday?
Keep 'er lit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on October 11, 2017, 09:15:41 AM
So am I. SW facilities all excellent and based off their own hard work and money. Its a real pity some clubs cant even maintain the paltry facilities that they do have, despite handouts. Condemned stands & changing rooms here, tarnished county grounds there, begging bowl always at the ready.  Some clubs always looking to take shortcuts with the quick and easy options......reminds me of the county board.

Fair play it's taken years for your lot to get sorted.. remember getting changed in the car for years cause the wooden huts were terrible! Tractors pulling the cars out off the field, the pitch was a field with cow and sheep crap all over it!

Maybe that's why the SW were so crap for years ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2017, 10:05:10 AM
Quote from: Spike on October 11, 2017, 09:15:41 AM

Fair play it's taken years for your lot to get sorted.. remember getting changed in the car for years cause the wooden huts were terrible! Tractors pulling the cars out off the field, the pitch was a field with cow and sheep crap all over it!

Maybe that's why the SW were so crap for years ;D
[/quote
Jeez do know a lot of Milltown Row people and indeed glad to call more than a few as 'friend'...but u really buck the trend...
Cuckoo been at her business on the Row  ;)

Milltown Row2

It's Called banter ... or slagging,  you were giving it for two years now it's bad craic? If you can't take it, don't give it.. so calm down

Spike

Ah the good auld days. Its funny how things have changed and now its the big smoke where you need to bring a pair of wellies for the match and a cloth to wipe the pigeon guano from the changing rooms.  Character building id say.   :P

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2017, 10:28:19 AM
It's Called banter ... or slagging,  you were giving it for two years now it's bad craic? If you can't take it, don't give it.. so calm down

Been taking it for years and do remember when Gall's were immersed in a 'bog'........but hey gonna help u MR2.....have a wee peek at Percy Bysshe Shelley's, "Ozymandias" and learn..... :)

Can provide a link if you cannot find it.....

Spike

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 11, 2017, 10:43:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2017, 10:28:19 AM

Been taking it for years and do remember when Gall's were immersed in a 'bog'........but hey gonna help u MR2.....have a wee peek at Percy Bysshe Shelley's, "Ozymandias" and learn..... :)

Can provide a link if you cannot find it.....

*MR2 frantically googling*

outinfront

This town/country thing is a bit old. Adams off to Down I see.

Spike

Quote from: outinfront on October 11, 2017, 11:26:51 AM
This town/country thing is a bit old. Adams off to Down I see.

*Spike franctically googling 'who cares?'*

I jest of course  :P

on that point though, wheres Lennys backroom staff??

Na Glinntí Glasa

is there no chance we could ever look at getting the games streamed live for the likes of a final? Armagh TV are years ahead of everyone and its brilliant to use to watch a game.

this is totally non SW, lenny etc related so it may cause confusion lol
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 11, 2017, 01:54:16 PM
is there no chance we could ever look at getting the games streamed live for the likes of a final? Armagh TV are years ahead of everyone and its brilliant to use to watch a game.

As far as I know its been discussed by the PRO but lack of funding was the sticking point also, decent vantage points at games was a problem.

Spike

Does it involve the county board spending money?  Then no
Does it involve some forward thinking by the county board?  Then no
Does it involve a strategy, willing volunteers, a process of works to highlight the countys presence?  Then no
Does it involve taking away from the potential gate receipts at a county final?  Then no

paddyjohn

Quote from: Spike on October 11, 2017, 02:08:03 PM

Does it involve the county board spending money?  Then no
Does it involve some forward thinking by the county board?  Then no
Does it involve a strategy, willing volunteers, a process of works to highlight the countys presence?  Then no
Does it involve taking away from the potential gate receipts at a county final?  Then no

It could be a money maker. Pastie Quinn from C'Dall streamed the Semi & Final live on FB and charged a donation in return for doing so, he was doing the half marathon for Marie Curie so he used his go fund me page to collect money. Great idea.  £5 per game or say a £40 one off season ticket and sure your laughing.

The highlights over the last few seasons have superb and the work of the PRO and his volunteers should be built upon. Same as the Saffron Gael, superb idea by Curly and Paddy.