The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The Everton boys on here seem a little wound up lately.
Are they stressed about their Leaving Cert results or something?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

As a casual observer I'd say the opposite... most years ye don't bother with them but this year every jibe seems to get a reaction  ;D

Le Tiss is a bit of a dick in my opinion but he definitely won that exchange..

dclane

Le Tiss is a dick  alright.
Seems he has his knickers in a twist that a player would rather be at Liverpool than Southampton.
The I turned down Liverpool jibe is too obvious for it to be funny imo. It's a bit childish and not really an intelligent put  down.
Le Tisser was a wasted talent and I reckon it annoys him now he looks back on his career that he didn't play for a bigger club.

ned

Quote from: dclane on July 23, 2017, 04:33:00 PM
Seems he has his knickers in a twist that a player would rather be at Liverpool than Southampton.
The I turned down Liverpool jibe is too obvious for it to be funny imo. It's a bit childish and not really an intelligent put  down.
Le Tisser was a wasted talent and I reckon it annoys him now he looks back on his career that he didn't play for a bigger club.

LeTissier may be a dick, wouldn't know. To suggest he was a wasted talent is nonsense. He could have and obviously had chances, to play for a 'bigger' club. Not sure how that is a bad thing. He just seemed 'content' where he was. 

Walter Cronc

Wise up! Class player. Maybe he wasn't money driven and enjoyed playing for Soton.

supersub

If he wasn't money driven he wouldn't still be on our TVs :-)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 24, 2017, 09:36:01 AM

Wise up! Class player. Maybe he wasn't money driven and enjoyed playing for Soton.

Its hard to criticise Le Tissier for staying with his boyhood club his whole career, but he is being a bit of dick in these circumstances.

He has spent the whole season raving about how fantastic VVD is and him being the best CB in league etc and now seems annoyed that someone wants to buy him, for what will probably be a world record fee for a defender.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Walter Cronc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 25, 2017, 08:47:33 AM

Its hard to criticise Le Tissier for staying with his boyhood club his whole career, but he is being a bit of dick in these circumstances.

He has spent the whole season raving about how fantastic VVD is and him being the best CB in league etc and now seems annoyed that someone wants to buy him, for what will probably be a world record fee for a defender.

Hows he being a d1ck when its clear he's having a pop at his fellow Soccer Saturday presenters including that clown Phil Thompson.

In saying that any so called pundit on that show is a moron with the exception of Kamara who is good craic!

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 08:52:33 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 25, 2017, 08:47:33 AM

Hows he being a d1ck when its clear he's having a pop at his fellow Soccer Saturday presenters including that clown Phil Thompson.

In saying that any so called pundit on that show is a moron with the exception of Kamara who is good craic!
I suppose Thompson could just show Le Tisser his 7 league title and 2 European Cup winners medals as a pop back...

Le Tisser was a fantastic player,but let's be honest he wasted his career staying at Southampton. The guy could have played for any club he wanted and won any amount of winners medals, instead he stayed at Southampton and won nothing.
He didn't even win many international caps.
He is obviously pissed off VVD wants to leave and that Twitter post makes him look bitter.

AZOffaly

I'm not sure how you can say he wasted his career. Only he knows that. Loyalty is a strange thing to be giving a lad stick for. If his dream was to play for Southampton for his whole career, and be a club legend, then he's probably achieved that.

Did Stevie G waste his career playing with Liverpool because average players won more at other clubs?

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2017, 11:58:15 AM
I'm not sure how you can say he wasted his career. Only he knows that. Loyalty is a strange thing to be giving a lad stick for. If his dream was to play for Southampton for his whole career, and be a club legend, then he's probably achieved that.

Did Stevie G waste his career playing with Liverpool because average players won more at other clubs?
I'm not sure how you can say he didn't. Either way its just a matter of opinion. Maybe he didn't believe he could play at a higher level. Who knows. Either way for a guy of his talent to stay at a mediocre club at the time like Southampton  is a wasted career imo.
Comparison to Gerrard is ridiculous.  Gerrard won plenty with Liverpool.

AZOffaly

Some people say the same thing about Gerrard, because he didn't move to Chelsea. He 'wasted' his career because he didn't win the Premier League.

Obviously I don't think he did!

And unless Le Tissier is unhappy that he stayed at Southampton, I don't think you can say he wasted it either.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 12:07:46 PM

I'm not sure how you can say he didn't. Either way its just a matter of opinion. Maybe he didn't believe he could play at a higher level. Who knows. Either way for a guy of his talent to stay at a mediocre club at the time like Southampton  is a wasted career imo.

Silly argument LL. Its like someone saying 'show him your medals' to Matty Forde, Joe Canning etc.

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 12:07:46 PM

Silly argument LL. Its like someone saying 'show him your medals' to Matty Forde, Joe Canning etc.
No it isn't.