Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: johnnycool on October 04, 2019, 08:59:54 AM

That was the point I was making yesterday Smoking Joe and wee Jeffrey on Radio 6 this morning more or less alluded to it..

Smoke and mirrors.

Leo could redden Arlene's chops with her comments about him being the person responsible of the return of a hard border in Ireland by alluding that she might well be the leader of Unionism that sees the re uniting of Ireland.

If I was Leo I'd be going back to Dublin and setting up a department to produce proposals for what that United Ireland might be and let the world and their dog know about it.

Time for everyone to start opening serious discussions on a united Ireland and what that could/should look like. Like the Brexit genie the united Ireland one is out of the bottle and it's time for republican and nationalist parties North and South to keep the momentum going behind it. It shouldn't be pushed as a victory and something to rub in the face of Unionionists - not that they would have any issue if it was the other way around - but a serious rationalised debate with facts / figures and plans for how this would work to start getting people who are on the fence or near to it convinced this is the way forward for the country.

The usual sh!t about DLA, benefits, paying to go see the doctor or staying in hospital (these morons who use that line here don't realise what national insurance is for or how this actually works in the South) etc etc will be wheeled out and there needs to be factual based reason to blow these lazy arguments apart and expose them for the bullsh1t they are.

ziggysego

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on October 04, 2019, 10:04:01 AM

That was the point I was making yesterday Smoking Joe and wee Jeffrey on Radio 6 this morning more or less alluded to it..

Smoke and mirrors.

Leo could redden Arlene's chops with her comments about him being the person responsible of the return of a hard border in Ireland by alluding that she might well be the leader of Unionism that sees the re uniting of Ireland.

If I was Leo I'd be going back to Dublin and setting up a department to produce proposals for what that United Ireland might be and let the world and their dog know about it.

Time for everyone to start opening serious discussions on a united Ireland and what that could/should look like. Like the Brexit genie the united Ireland one is out of the bottle and it's time for republican and nationalist parties North and South to keep the momentum going behind it. It shouldn't be pushed as a victory and something to rub in the face of Unionionists - not that they would have any issue if it was the other way around - but a serious rationalised debate with facts / figures and plans for how this would work to start getting people who are on the fence or near to it convinced this is the way forward for the country.

The usual sh!t about DLA, benefits, paying to go see the doctor or staying in hospital (these morons who use that line here don't realise what national insurance is for or how this actually works in the South) etc etc will be wheeled out and there needs to be factual based reason to blow these lazy arguments apart and expose them for the bullsh1t they are.

As too many say, it's too early for that kind of talk and discussion. If you ask me, it's practically too late now. What does England have to inflict upon Ireland so people to talk seriously about a United Ireland??
Testing Accessibility

imtommygunn

Exactly.

Boris and his ilk are trying to shaft Ireland - all of it - with the assistance of the dup. It is high time to get that referendum going and get Britain out once and for all. We are second class citizens to them and will always be.

johnnycool

Quote from: ziggysego on October 04, 2019, 10:15:37 AM

Smoke and mirrors.

As too many say, it's too early for that kind of talk and discussion. If you ask me, it's practically too late now. What does England have to inflict upon Ireland so people to talk seriously about a United Ireland??

The time is now.

Brexit has got nationalists with a small n looking at their wallet and seeing their neighbours doing alright further to the South.
Any economic downturn attributed to Brexit will get those of a unionist variety also questioning their economic well being inside a UK that doesn't give a f**k for them.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: johnnycool on October 04, 2019, 10:20:03 AM

Smoke and mirrors.

The time is now.

Brexit has got nationalists with a small n looking at their wallet and seeing their neighbours doing alright further to the South.
Any economic downturn attributed to Brexit will get those of a unionist variety also questioning their economic well being inside a UK that doesn't give a f**k for them.

Let's have a UK wide referendum on the North's position in the UK and whether or not the rest of the UK wants to keep it. And then watch the DUP and the likes of Jim Allister argue the opposite of their current cry that it was a UK wide referendum.

Keyser soze

Smoke and mirrors.

The time is now.

Heh?? Anybody with a titter of wit knows that you have been on a different planet financially from the North for the best part of a generation.

I just cant fathom how unionists crow about how England fills their begging bowl annually and somehow this is seen as a great thing for unionists. Their first question when a UI comes up is how will the South afford the £10 billion annually to support the north. Without a hint of shame at the implicit admission that the north's economy is a complete basket case. Cannot understand why this is not answered with a 'grow up and stand on your own two feet like any normal country and economy is supposed to so that we do not have to subsidise you crowd of useless spongers'.

trailer

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 04, 2019, 10:54:43 AM

Smoke and mirrors.

The time is now.

Heh?? Anybody with a titter of wit knows that you have been on a different planet financially from the North for the best part of a generation.

I just cant fathom how unionists crow about how England fills their begging bowl annually and somehow this is seen as a great thing for unionists. Their first question when a UI comes up is how will the South afford the £10 billion annually to support the north. Without a hint of shame at the implicit admission that the north's economy is a complete basket case. Cannot understand why this is not answered with a 'grow up and stand on your own two feet like any normal country and economy is supposed to so that we do not have to subsidise you crowd of useless spongers'.

Does Connacht support itself? Or Leitrim? Or Donegal or Kilrush? f**king spongers!

seafoid

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 04, 2019, 10:54:43 AM

Smoke and mirrors.

The time is now.

Bernadette Mc Aliskey

https://twitter.com/chunkymark/status/1179467879735005185
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

t_mac

More smoke and  mirrors.

Brexit: Boris Johnson will send extension letter, court told

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936352

screenexile

Is there anything to this Hungary veto thing??

maddog

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2019, 01:48:38 PM
Is there anything to this Hungary veto thing??

If the EU want the extension i'd imagine Hungary will tow the line.

yellowcard

Quote from: t_mac on October 04, 2019, 01:46:27 PM
More smoke and  mirrors.

Brexit: Boris Johnson will send extension letter, court told

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936352

Will he be found dead in a ditch now?

armaghniac

American lady on Question Time telling it as it is
https://twitter.com/i/status/1179986543018201088
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

What happens if Hungary vetoes an extension, given the recently passed-into-law parliamentary bill that the UK can't legally leave without a deal?

RedHand88

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on October 04, 2019, 03:41:22 PM
What happens if Hungary vetoes an extension, given the recently passed-into-law parliamentary bill that the UK can't legally leave without a deal?

No deal is the default in the absence of a deal, Benn act or not.