Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP 76

I had heard that Destination Newry weren't allowed to show anymore games didn't hear the full story just over heard it at a game. Burren were awesome last night bur Saval were really poor. A win like that isn't great preparation for a final. If kilcoo get over the Bridge they wont give their forwards that much space be interesting to see how they would deal with that intensity

supersub

Quote from: thewobbler on September 30, 2013, 09:58:27 AM
Quote from: supersub on September 30, 2013, 09:23:29 AM
They did, by a point. Burren are some outfit but still won't get past Cross.

Can't see how Burren are 28 points better than another team at this stage of the competition though, how do you concede 7 goals in a semi final, surely they weren't that good?

I think they're right up there as they've currently got a better forward line than many county teams, and Cross wouldn't be able to go 6 v 6 against their forwards.

They are only as good as the ball supplied however and Cross would be more than capable of limiting it - not stopping it though obviously. Also Burren's defence has hardly been tested, apart from v Bryansford when they were beaten.

Down Follower

What a win though for Burren in the semi finals?  Absolutely awesome.  I mentioned it previously and i think it may be true that Burren/Kilcoo are pulling away from the rest at an alarming rate.  I expect Kilcoo to beat Mayobridge tonight with something to spare although i truly hope it is a close game.  Maybe Benny, Pluggy, Noel Sexton et all have another kick in them and to be fair to them they have done it before so perhaps i am discounting them too quickly but i just think....

Down Mad

Would like to wish Tullylish well in their game tonight after the loss of their President Pat McFlynn. I am sure it has been a tough time for the club over their club over the last week. Here is too a good sporting game that Pat McFlynn would be proud of.

SHEEDY

seen somewhere that the down champions play the Armagh champions in the 1st rd of ulster championship in newry. no matter who comes through it should be some match.
nil satis nisi optimum

The Raven

Can anyone tell me when the finals Senior Inter Junior and Minor are couldn't make it out on pa in  Newry tonight

Oglach

Nice to back in the county final again, It was hard fought.
Kicoo lost out at midfield in 1st half tonight but played enough football to book our place.
Is it just me or did anyone else think that Brendan Rice spent his time trying to get Mayobridge back into the game?
He spoiled what should have been a great game, over fussy use of yellow cards slowed the game to a crawl.

Mid Down Gael

I don't want to start on that referee. And apparently he was being assessed. Whoo. Very tough game, conditions and a card happy referee didn't allow it to flow. Bridge missing a few key men and them lads really need to look at themselves in my opinion as to why they aren't there.
Kilcoo done what they had to do and got the win which was what it was all about.
Burren big favourites but write the magpies of at your peril.

amallon

Huge effort from the Bridge last night, couldn't fault the lads they put everything into it.  I think last nights game will serve Kilcoo far better going into the final than Burren's walkover again Saval.  The two best teams are in the final and its a hard one to call.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

downjim

As a neutral I thought Rice was fair to both teams. You should blame your players as I felt the bridge were very unlucky and missed a lot of scores. I would like to see the wide count for both teams. It  should be a good final but if we knock the magpies about like last night we won't miss the chances the Bridge did.

PAULD123

The final should be good to watch. There will be a huge number of county standard forwards on display - O'Hare, Laverty, McCardle, McCartan, O'Hanlon, Johnston, Johnston, Devlin are all county standard.

befair

Thought referee was fine, had no choice with the yellow cards. Agree that Kilcoo would have benefited more than Burren from the matches. Burren slight favorites perhaps

umpire

With Tullylish beaten last night, this mean the 3rd from bottom of Div 1 will most likely to play in Intermediate Championship next year. Lots of crucial games in Div 1 games this week for Clonduff, Liatriom, Downpatrick, Loughinisland and Rostrevor

Line Ball

What is Rice's agenda?  If he would just referee the games, make the calls, blow the whistle rather than trying to the big 'I AM' in the middle of the field.  The referee should be anonymous during a game rather than him having to be the centre of attention.  I just think he is a very average referee.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 29, 2013, 10:26:28 PM
Betcha Glenn and Tullylish are looking forward to next year!

Yeah, because the teams there already are so evenly matched, we won't stand a chance!

•   Round 2
MAYOBRIDGE 0-12 V 3-14 BURREN

•   Round 8
MAYOBRIDGE 3-12 V 1-3 ROSTREVOR

BURREN 5-17 V 0-13 ANNACLONE

•   Round 11
KILCOO 5-14 V 1-3 LIATROIM

•   Round 14
CASTLEWELLAN 5-20 V 0-8 CUMANN PHEADAIR NAOFA

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".