Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa

Started by amallon, February 03, 2011, 01:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Can anyone find it for me on google street view.  I can see the Billyliffin Hotel but not the lodge?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lynchbhoy

think I stayed in it three or so years ago
if so its slap bang in the middle of the 'town'.

coming from southern (buncrana) road it would be just before the main street through the town turns right.

thewobbler

Ballyliffin hotel is in the centre of the village. If you take a right there, you'd go towards the golf courses. If you took a left there, you'd be going up a private road (about 200m) to the Lodge. 

FL/MAYO

It is right behind the Strand Hotel, when you leave Buncrana head for Clonmany, as you enter Clonmany you will see a Church on your left make a right here, drive about 2 - 3 miles and you will enter Ballyliffen, when you pass the Ballyliffen Hotel you will see a fork in the road, go to the left, the Hotel should be 200 yards down on the left. When you pass the Strand Hotel you have gone to far. Stayed there in June it is a nice cozy modern hotel. Follow the signs for the Inishowen 100 to see all the scenery in the area.

Rois

And it is a beggar of a thing to find on streetview!! 

Just had a look for you there amallon - find the screen where you're looking directly at the Strand Hotel and you can see the name up on it.  Then use the arrows and turn to your left - it's between the chapel and a yellow/orange house with a satellite dish.  Unf you can't see up to it so it isn't obvious that the hotel is there.  It's easy to miss if you try to go where Google takes you and when you click to go down the Strand Road it disappears.

magpie seanie

Quote from: FL/MAYO on February 03, 2011, 02:11:01 PM
It is right behind the Strand Hotel, when you leave Buncrana head for Clonmany, as you enter Clonmany you will see a Church on your left make a right here, drive about 2 - 3 miles and you will enter Ballyliffen, when you pass the Ballyliffen Hotel you will see a fork in the road, go to the left, the Hotel should be 200 yards down on the left. When you pass the Strand Hotel you have gone to far. Stayed there in June it is a nice cozy modern hotel. Follow the signs for the Inishowen 100 to see all the scenery in the area.

Also stayed there last June and had a grand stay. Lovely part of the world up there. Had a couple of scoops in Farren's near Malin Head watching Tyrone v. Down if memory serves.

AidyMac

Quote from: amallon on February 03, 2011, 01:50:49 PM
Can anyone find it for me on google street view.  I can see the Billyliffin Hotel but not the lodge?

Tis a nice spot, kinda hard to miss

You settling down?

Goldengreen

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=donegal,+ireland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.196369,89.912109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Donegal,+County+Donegal,+Ireland&ll=55.280704,-7.392855&spn=0,0.060854&z=15&layer=c&cbll=55.280635,-7.393868&panoid=EfuKU8Kv9L1uEiXYJHeJRQ&cbp=12,262.8,,0,5

in fairness google maps is well messed up around that area, at one point on the road you are looing at the strand hotel and its to your left then when u go down the road a wee bit it transports you over to the otherside of the hotel and then its on your right

amallon

Cheers goldengreen thats what I was looking for.  Heading next weekend.  Just a coincedence its valentines weekend!  ;D
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.