The Steelers might be coming to Croker

Started by mick999, January 27, 2011, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

If there is an NFL game in Croker it will be full to the rafters.

Rossfan

Quote from: CountyMan on January 27, 2011, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 27, 2011, 02:10:24 PM
if the game goes ahead in Croker, Great!! I'll be there.

And I'll be joinning you  :D

I certainly won't.
I'd watch the effin Windsor-Saxe-Coburg -gotha wedding before this crap.  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

are you sure, it might be your only chance of going to to Croker in 2011   ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

At least we play Gaelic Football when we get there not like ye crowd winnin games by falling over the line with the ball  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

thejuice

at least we win :-)
Anyway we have a whole tread on that subject i don't want to get into it here.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2011, 12:21:13 AM
If there is an NFL game in Croker it will be full to the rafters.

Loads would come over from the UK as well and make a weekend of it.

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2011, 01:59:47 PM
Quote from: CountyMan on January 27, 2011, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 27, 2011, 02:10:24 PM
if the game goes ahead in Croker, Great!! I'll be there.

And I'll be joinning you  :D

I certainly won't.
I'd watch the effin Windsor-Saxe-Coburg -gotha wedding before this crap.  :D

Ah come on now.

The NFL is a fu*king superb game.

Give it a try.

Will they allow boozing at the game?? which is the whole theme at the NFL games.

EagleLord

I think I would go to see it if it was in Croke Park. Dont know if it will get a big crowd though, It might end up just being the EagleLord, TheJuice and CountyMan!  :D

ballinaman

Quote from: EagleLord on January 28, 2011, 07:25:16 PM
I think I would go to see it if it was in Croke Park. Dont know if it will get a big crowd though, It might end up just being the EagleLord, TheJuice and CountyMan!  :D
I'd be there i tells ya! Would be savage

CountyMan

Quote from: EagleLord on January 28, 2011, 07:25:16 PM

:D You can't leave out the die hard yanks that don't miss their teams play.

The Real Laoislad

Not one complaint about what playing a foreign sport in Croke Park will do to Gaelic Games....
It's great the bitters have come around to modern thinking.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2011, 11:08:43 PM
Not one complaint about what playing a foreign sport in Croke Park will do to Gaelic Games....
It's great the bitters have come around to modern thinking.

No one bit the first time because your argument is a tired and false one. People like me were against opening up Croker to soccer and rugby because those same sports are competing for the hearts and minds of the same kids that the GAA is looking for. American football poses no threat what so ever. Like someone said above, there is a whole thread on the issue so you should familiarise yourself with the arguments again.

Rossfan

Is Laoishite  one of those media brainwashed gobdaws who thinks liking soccer and rugby is somehow modern/trendy/liberal/progressive/broad minded while those of us who don't like either or both of those silly games are old fashioned/uncool/reactionary/backward/narrow minded ??

Hound

Quote from: Rossfan on January 29, 2011, 03:11:34 PM
Is Laoishite  one of those media brainwashed gobdaws who thinks liking soccer and rugby is somehow modern/trendy/liberal/progressive/broad minded while those of us who don't like either or both of those silly games are old fashioned/uncool/reactionary/backward/narrow minded ??

I think he loves both GAA and soccer. Very hard to comprehend alright if you are "reactionary/backward/narrow minded".