Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

An absolute hero. Okay, one part of his life is putting across his views on a game on national tv, naturally hes going to court controversy, but look at the all round picture; one of the most successful barristers in Ireland, a great county player, a superb club player with incredible longevity (played til 42 I think?), fully involved in the club as a coach, always willing to support any event hes asked to, great family man, I could go on, but theres enough there to call him an example to everyone. The only problem is, its very hard to look at this objectively whenever you're within earshot of him  ;D

cadence

glens abu

Fair play that is some selfless act,few of us would do that.

ONeill

One hell of a gesture.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Fair play to him. How many of us can honestly say we would do the same?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on October 05, 2012, 10:17:36 PM
Fair play to him. How many of us can honestly say we would do the same?
Depends if they were a United supporter or not.

LeoMc

A great gesture all right. As EU says, there are few of us would do it.

But now he'll be slumped over worse than ever on TSG :)

5 Sams

Holy fcuk he must be a good friend!!
The Aristocrat Years

squire_in_navy_slacks

Maybe Spillane can donate a couple of inches off his flute to the bould Marty Morrissey  ;)

moysider

Can t believe some are taking this lightly. Don t think this is an opportunity to be funny.

A few days ago I wanted to break his mouth - now I m almost in tears at what he s done. This is not a gesture. It is something most people would only do for family. And even then many could not. Sincerely hope it is successful for the recipient.

And I ll think twice about clobbering Joe when I see him.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: glens abu on October 05, 2012, 09:33:22 PM
Fair play that is some selfless act,few of us would do that.
Amen to that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Ard-Rí

Great deed ... not a lot else to be said. My estimation of the man has risen greatly.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Muchachos

Fair play to him. Might not allways agree with him but that's a hell of an act.

Asal Mor

Well done Joe. I've always liked him as an analyst too.

thebuzz

Quote from: moysider on October 05, 2012, 11:41:12 PM

Can t believe some are taking this lightly. Don t think this is an opportunity to be funny.

A few days ago I wanted to break his mouth - now I m almost in tears at what he s done. This is not a gesture. It is something most people would only do for family. And even then many could not. Sincerely hope it is successful for the recipient.

And I ll think twice about clobbering Joe when I see him.

Fair play Moysider. I just got the paper there and the first thing I thought of was 'What will the Mayos think of that?'.
If I had to do it for my son I'd be scared shitless and he has done it for someone he isn't even related to.