Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Lough match v Greencastle abandoned with 10 mins to play for to an injury sustained to Mark Carson. Appeared to be serious head injury. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Lough were winning 1-09 to 1-04 at the time.

Beantown

Fianna beat Edendork by 2 in a fairly feisty affair.  Would have been a tough game to referee - only 1 player got the line on a double yellow, ref was very lenient.  Badly needed win for Island. Kilpatrick going off injured had a big impact on edendork, he cought some great ball and made a few powerful runs - ditto O'Hagan for Fianna.  McCurry and O'Hagan stroked over some lovely frees from distance for both sides.  The game had a real championship feel to it.  Edendork 1-3 to no score up in early stages.  Fianna showed plenty of character to claw their way back and hold on for win.

square_ball

I see Galbally had another good win. What's the reason for that recent turnaround? Ardboe going quietly about their business too thought they were in crisis in pre season going by some posters?

Tyrone Gaa

Half time

Errigal 0-6
Omagh 0-5

As bad a game of football as I've ever witnessed
Living the dream!!!

stringbean

Div 1 seems to be incredibly competitive this year - bottom 9 teams separated by 3 points!

Hard to predict who will go down

Tyrone95

Just hearing the news about Greencastles mark carson, Heard he had to be air lifted to hospital which is never a good sign. Hoping for a full recovery for him!

omagh_gael

He was talking and responsive before being airlifted but looks to be a really nasty injury. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Tyrone Gaa

Did Sean Cavanagh not play for the Moy today because he was on the Sunday Game?
Living the dream!!!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 10, 2018, 08:53:00 AM
Heard about the Edendork/Clonoe incident, surely there will have to be sanctions, it happens far too often and wasn't it last year that Daisy ended up in hospital after a dangerous hit from behind and now Barton ends up in hospital!!
Also wasn't it Clonoe and Dromore who battered lumps outa each other aswel! Im not picking on Clonoe here im just naming a few incidents that come to my mind!
Has it really come to the stage where men leave their home for a game and end up in hospital after on field fights, sooner or later someone is going to end up really bad in hospital from a blow to the head and we can't say we haven't seen it coming!

Cant say its not been comin!!
Speedy recovery to Mark Carson, up in Belfast at the minute getting brain scans I heard, The Lough player shudnt be allowed to play the sport again as i heard it was a disgusting act, i hope he's proud of himself tonight, I hope the County board come down hard on him!!

omagh_gael

I was at game and Sludden didn't even give a free for initial incident which I think was the injury. Not 100% sure that was the exact cause of the injury though as I had taken my eye off the play for a second. A full on brawl started after that but Mark was still down from initial incident.

Archie53

Just got this message
Loughmacrory boy and Greencastle boy were pulling at each other and boy from loughmacrory hit Carson off the ball knocked out cold. And it wasn't his ponytail that did it.

omagh_gael

I was at the other side of the pitch and didnt see that. No excuse for that at all.

Regarding the strike, I think it was in play, as In not a strike from behind. Open to correction on that though as so much was going on.

Jeremiah O

Ardboe management doing a good job.Lost 5 or 6 players due to emigration and retirements But they've won 4 from 6 so far.
A lot of tough games to come though but I would say the aim for the next couple of years will be to retain division 1 status and bring some new talent through.
Unconquered and unconquerable

mountain4sam

Also at the game in Greencastle, it was actually the lough lines man that told the ref what happened, and then the red card was issued! hopefully the lough as a club will deal with the player and the lad that jumped the wire. Hoping Mark makes a full recovery 

omagh_gael

Quote from: mountain4sam on May 14, 2018, 08:01:12 AM
Also at the game in Greencastle, it was actually the lough lines man that told the ref what happened, and then the red card was issued! hopefully the lough as a club will deal with the player and the lad that jumped the wire. Hoping Mark makes a full recovery

Did you see when the injury occurred? Was it the incident that occurred in play that led to the melee or was it during the melee. Nearly certain it occured in play.