Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Shea

The connector in my cigarette lighter in my car has fell out.

When I try to put it back in it seems to blow the fuse for the radio and CD player.

Is there any wa of getting the wee thing put back in without f**king up the radio?

I don't smoke but use it for Sat Nav and iTrip thing.

Is there a way of listening to your iPod in the car that doesn't use the cigarette thing?

cornerback

Quote from: Wee Shea on September 10, 2010, 08:41:17 AM

When I try to put it back in it seems to blow the fuse for the radio and CD player.

Is there any wa of getting the wee thing put back in without f**king up the radio?

Is there a way of listening to your iPod in the car that doesn't use the cigarette thing?

The only bit i can help you with is the bit in bold.
Get an iTrip, i have a griffin one for my van.

Wee Shea

Quote from: cornerback on September 10, 2010, 09:11:27 AM
Quote from: Wee Shea on September 10, 2010, 08:41:17 AM

The only bit i can help you with is the bit in bold.
Get an iTrip, i have a griffin one for my van.

I have a Griffin one but it plugs into the cigarette lighter and mine is broke because the wee connect thing has came out?

tyrone girl

Anyone know why the temperature hand in my car keeps rising - nearly got to the top this mornin as i was driving to work. Had to stop the car for few mins. Only time it starts to come down at all is when put the heating on full rip and even then it takes ages to start coming down

Rois

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 24, 2010, 10:32:51 AM
Anyone know why the temperature hand in my car keeps rising - nearly got to the top this mornin as i was driving to work. Had to stop the car for few mins. Only time it starts to come down at all is when put the heating on full rip and even then it takes ages to start coming down

This may be stupid, a girl advising another girl about a car, but please go and get that seen to asap.  It happened me and in the end my head gasket blew and warped the engine.  £1.5k and three months later my car was back on the road.  It could obviously be a lot simpler than that but better safe than sorry.

tyrone girl

Cripes im scared now - so dont need something serious like that to be wrong. Will get it in somewhere asap  :(

screenmachine

I think ageing Vauxhall's are known for that type of behaviour where you have to drive along with the heating on full blast and the windows down to keep the needle down, lol!  As Rois said, you're probably better getting it looked at before some serious damage is done!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

tyrone girl

Not a vauxhall but thats exactly what i have to do - i was sitting this morning with the heating on full rip and me roasting and the window down. Felt ridiculous

Celt_Man

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 24, 2010, 10:32:51 AM

Did you check if there is any water in the engine reservoir??  Be my first move anyway....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

tyrone girl

:o I havnt a clue where anything is if i lifted the bonnet  :-[

Tony Baloney

Can we assume you have water/coolant in the radiator?

tyrone girl

Celt_Man

Open up the bonnet and have a wee root around the water reservoir should be handy enough to spot. wee lid on it with some sort of generic water symbol.  There is normally a minimum level on it too which you should see on the outside.  If it is below that, chances are thats your problem
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

screenmachine

You could probably save yourself time, money and effort by simply getting a male family member to look at for five minutes...weemen   ::)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

tyrone girl

I havnt been near any male family members since it started happening  >:(