Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

No not too difficult, it's a pressure switch by
Way of a spring that can get stuck but more than
likely you'll need to replace it.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

My car has started making a metallic clicking (rather than clunking) sound when I release the clutch after changing from 1st to 2nd. This sometimes happens when releasing after changing from 2nd to 3rd.

80K is200

Am I looking at replacing the clutch (immediately or at my leisure?) or do I have a gear/transmission problem?

Any assistance appreciated.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

A gear or bearing problem wouldn't be a metalic clicking noise, more
of a growl and if it were a clutch spring it would make noise when
ingaged no matter what gear your in... it's not the drive by chance?
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

Well shit, since we are all purging here....

I have an automagic gear box Mazda 6. 55,000 miles and the car seems to "jump" when the gear is changing from 3 to 4. Sometimes theres a noise, sometimes not. Sometimes it changes smoothly.

Any notions?

Tyrones own

Questions;
Is it still under warranty? (55,000 is the reason I ask)
Is the Transmission oil level OK?
Have you ever had the transmission serviced?
Any check engine or service soon lights on?
  - Walter Lippmann

Alco Pup

Don't seem to be lucky with the body of me car at all.  Someone keyed the bonnet of it one weekend when I was at a mates house.  Its about 2 feet long and down to the metal.  No doubt the whole bonnet will need resprayed.

A mate who works for Ford / Mazda contacted a few people in Belfast and got a quote for it at the time for £150 (his place were quoting over £300).

But before I had a chance to get it done, it got keyed again this time at work.  The rear passenger panel has been done, again about a 12 inches long and right to the metal.

oh its gets better...

Drivers door has now also been keyed, only spotted it at the weekend so its going to need done again. Its not as deep, more of a score.

Am feckin gutted, have no doubt its the wee scumbags near where I work (one other evening a few weeks ago they went out and smashed the windy's in 4 cars).

Aside from sit near the car with a 12 gauge and take out anyone that even looks at it, or batter them to death with my stilletos, should I get each panel resprayed or would it be far cheaper to just get the whole car resprayed?

tyrone girl

Quote from: Alco Pup on June 18, 2010, 10:16:31 AM
Don't seem to be lucky with the body of me car at all.  Someone keyed the bonnet of it one weekend when I was at a mates house.  Its about 2 feet long and down to the metal.  No doubt the whole bonnet will need resprayed.

A mate who works for Ford / Mazda contacted a few people in Belfast and got a quote for it at the time for £150 (his place were quoting over £300).

But before I had a chance to get it done, it got keyed again this time at work.  The rear passenger panel has been done, again about a 12 inches long and right to the metal.

oh its gets better...

Drivers door has now also been keyed, only spotted it at the weekend so its going to need done again. Its not as deep, more of a score.

Am feckin gutted, have no doubt its the wee scumbags near where I work (one other evening a few weeks ago they went out and smashed the windy's in 4 cars).

Aside from sit near the car with a 12 gauge and take out anyone that even looks at it, or batter them to death with my stilletos, should I get each panel resprayed or would it be far cheaper to just get the whole car resprayed?

Feck im just realising your a woman  :o Duno why thought u were male

Alco Pup

Aye I get that a lot on here..pup is misleading I guess  :-[

Minder

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 18, 2010, 11:27:25 AM
Quote from: Alco Pup on June 18, 2010, 10:16:31 AM

oh its gets better...

Aside from sit near the car with a 12 gauge and take out anyone that even looks at it, or batter them
to death with my stilletos, should I get each panel resprayed or would it be far cheaper to just get the whole car resprayed?

Feck im just realising your a woman  :o Duno why thought u were male

You are being very presumptuous.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

I would respray nothing if youre going to continue to park/live in the same area. It's hardly going to stop when you get it painted. Wee bastrads
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Alco Pup

Thinking of inventing a car alarm system that instead of just wailing out if someone tampers with it, it automatically tazers anyone who touches the car..

if anything it would be funny to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qZtwJNjxk

Wee Shea

Anyone got a Yaris? My f**king radio just knocked off there tonight. Could it be the fuse? Everything else working ok.

JUst retired

Has anything else stopped working? Check your handbook to locate the fuse, take it out and look at it, you will see if it is gone or not.

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 17, 2010, 09:21:51 PM
A gear or bearing problem wouldn't be a metalic clicking noise, more
of a growl and if it were a clutch spring it would make noise when
ingaged no matter what gear your in... it's not the drive by chance?

Haven't a clue, might be worth adding that it is a single click when I let out the clutch after a low gear change rather than a repetitive clicking. Also it doesn't seem to happen for a few minutes after starting the car and then it is there after each low gear change, I wonder is heat a factor?
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Could be a clutch plate problem then alright, possibly sticking on the spline on the front shaft of the gearbox,
That or a worn engine mount having too much movement under the torque of shifting between gears giving a
steel to steel type contact...hard to say :-\ ..I'd do a bit of investigative homework anyway as some hoor will probably
sell you a clutch kit whether it needs it or not with a symptom like that.
  - Walter Lippmann