Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Prob drove a few miles anyway while it was flat - but that tyre is off and the spare is on now.

Rois

4 new tyres on my car inside a week (costing me £550 or so, aaagghh) and the pressure light is still showing on the dashboard.  Would it take a wee while for it to go out or should I bring it back to Kwik Fit?

Cde

you have to reset the pressure light Rois,  should tell you how to do it in your manual

fingerbob

Driving a 99 Seat arosa, and often when I'm slowing down or coming to a stop the battery light comes up, the engine and the power steering both go, although ona  few occasions it starts up again if I'm still rolling. From what I've looked at on the internet, the problem seems to be the crankshaft sensor which seems quite easy and inexpensive to change. Just want to see if anyones came across a similiar problem and if changing the crankshaft sensor will fix it?

illdecide

Quote from: fingerbob on June 07, 2010, 01:07:27 PM
Driving a 99 Seat arosa, and often when I'm slowing down or coming to a stop the battery light comes up, the engine and the power steering both go, although ona  few occasions it starts up again if I'm still rolling. From what I've looked at on the internet, the problem seems to be the crankshaft sensor which seems quite easy and inexpensive to change. Just want to see if anyones came across a similiar problem and if changing the crankshaft sensor will fix it?

A box of matches (Bo Peep or Swift) should fix it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fingerbob

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fingerbob on June 07, 2010, 01:07:27 PM
My focus had similar trouble. Replacing the camshaft positioning sensor fixed it. Start with
the cheap option first.

Keyser soze

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 07, 2010, 09:16:18 AM
Had flat tyre yesterday evening - got it changed and since that im feeling like a dull rattling out of the car - like a dull thumping - hard to explain. Thought it was maybe the sound of the boot now being hollow cos no spare wheel or something - i know that sounds stupid. Anyone any ideas? Ta in advance

TG might be worth checking that the wheel nuts are tight.

tyrone girl

Ya hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly what my dad said when i came home from work. He checked them and they werent tightened. New tyre on now and going fine now. Stupid question but could the wheel have came off the car if i was doing a decent speed?

muppet

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 07, 2010, 10:13:12 PM
Ya hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly what my dad said when i came home from work. He checked them and they werent tightened. New tyre on now and going fine now. Stupid question but could the wheel have came off the car if i was doing a decent speed?

TG I think maybe cars aren't for you.

You might be better suited to this vehicle:

MWWSI 2017

tyrone girl

:D Thanks muppet i must look into one - might cost me less!!!

Seriously tho, could the wheel have came off as i was driving?

muppet

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 07, 2010, 10:17:56 PM
:D Thanks muppet i must look into one - might cost me less!!!

Seriously tho, could the wheel have came off as i was driving?

Probably be less of a pain in the arse as well!
MWWSI 2017

FermGael

Brake light is stick on in my VW passat.  Any ideas??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Tyrones own

Brake light switch above the pedal under the dash stuck or faulty...
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

FermGael

Cheers tyrones own.  Is it hard to get at??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered