Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: FermGael on August 19, 2011, 10:56:29 PM
Where you getting the Diesel from Milltown??
Had a similar problem with mine and it was down to doggy diesel

That's woof.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Extended factory warranty just paid for itself with a brand new factory built transmission and labour for my deductible of 200$. They quoted 3100$ for the transmission on it's own!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2011, 09:21:25 AM
Milltown if it is injectors and or turbo you could be looking at 4 numbers. Having said that it could be any number of things an I've had them all - clogged fuel filter, low pressure in fuel pump, faulty injectors, clogged air intake etc.

Hoping its not too bad a hit, would sell it before getting that much work done to it. It drives fine and I've no problem driving it the way it is but if it were fixable I'll do it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

I had the same problem. It was the fuel pump. £300 to fix. If it is the turbo you are talking big money.

flantheman82

Wouldn't certain relatives of mine be able to have a look for you before putting it into a garage?

fitzroyalty

1 year old BMW 3series... Starter button not working... Just a short buzzing sound, then nothing  ??? Anyone have any experience of this?

Milltown Row2

At MOT centre now! Hateful place. Not looking good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2011, 02:48:20 PM
At MOT centre now! Hateful place. Not looking good
You never told us what the issue with the car was?

Milltown Row2

Sorry never got to see my mechanic as he was away on hols! Will get it to him this week. Oh and the car past MOT and i still have problem with it

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 02, 2011, 02:38:05 PM
1 year old BMW 3series... Starter button not working... Just a short buzzing sound, then nothing  ??? Anyone have any experience of this?
I thought you were a student?!

muppet

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 02, 2011, 02:38:05 PM

The buzzing is the alarm.

The nothing is the immobilizer.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Wing mirror on a 99 Almera got clipped tonight when parked in the street, glass completely smashed but the casing and electronics are fine. Anyone know where I could pick one up in the Dublin (south) area?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on December 10, 2011, 03:06:55 AM
Wing mirror on a 99 Almera got clipped tonight when parked in the street, glass completely smashed but the casing and electronics are fine. Anyone know where I could pick one up in the Dublin (south) area?
http://m.goldenpages.ie/results/relevance/aa1929d634f8442a88e2ff27dc48ef26

Denn Forever

Have you priced the replacement glass from your local Nissan dealer?  Easier and you'd be sure of getting the right glass.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gallsman

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 10, 2011, 10:23:43 AM

Have you priced the replacement glass from your local Nissan dealer?  Easier and you'd be sure of getting the right glass.

Their parts department doesn't open until Monday but the guy in new sales reckons they'd have it. Breaker's yard in Dun Laoghaire will only sell me the full mirror and is looking fifty quid for it which is extortionate! On top of that, I don't have the tools with me in Dublin to fit the thing.

NCT is on the 22nd, so hoping to get it sorted asap!