Kevin McKernan
Mark poland
Connor laverty
Donal o hare
nil satis nisi optimum

PAULD123

Is Peter Turley Injured? Very surprised he has been dropped

Mourne Rover

There is a case for starting Turley on Doherty but Fitzpatrick has more pace, can take a score and is definitely on form. Boyle is also quick, which has probably got him the nod at corner back, although he was only on the fringe during the league. It is pretty close to the team we would have expected and the named positions will mean very little on Sunday.

SHEEDY

good luck to all the down teams today including the camogs, who play today in the ulster final also against derry.
nil satis nisi optimum

spirit0f91and94

3 Down football teams now fail at Celtic
So much for all the hype.
Really disappointing day.

wobbller

Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on June 07, 2015, 05:01:51 PM
What? Was the biscuits not nice as you sat
on your hole and didn't bother going?

Realmccoy

Whilst the result was disappoint there is also a lot of positives. We were competitive and could have won it with 14 men. The sending off was nothing short of a joke what do we have to do to keep 15 men on the park?

spirit0f91and94

Quote from: wobbller on June 07, 2015, 06:16:58 PM
Wobbler you are always the smart fella with the answers, I was in Derry today and thought both teams were poor. Am I not allowed to express an opinion?

As for the minors - not much change there in a year...

Highlander3

Disappointing result, I thought they battled well in the 2nd half hard to win play with 14 men for that long.  Still prefer lavery out around the 45 can use his playing better there, and it's easier for him to get this ball.

Another year without an ulster title, and the run of poor underage teams does not make the future look to great either

Clarke would have made a big difference today, Polly just can't seem to make separation anymore and is to easy disposed

Would have been brilliant to have been able to bring Benny on for 15 mins

wobbller

Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on June 07, 2015, 07:46:27 PM
Wobbler you are always the smart fella with the answers, I was in Derry today and thought both teams were poor. Am I not allowed to express an opinion?

If you were at the match apologies but you posted at around 5pm

spirit0f91and94

Quote from: wobbller on June 07, 2015, 08:20:41 PM
Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on June 07, 2015, 07:46:27 PM

If you were at the match apologies but you posted at around 5pm
Have you ever heard of 4G and it isn't a football pitch...🙈

snoopdog

Decision making by our forwards was very poor again today. Some afraid to shoot from.any distance.  2 average teams but a draw was there for the taking. We need a home qualifier. I think we will get Tyrone.  How much better would we have been with Gordon and Rodgers in midfield. I know get over it as it won't happen but another short summer is on the cards. Very long day today

SHEEDY

Really disappointing day. Bad decision making at crucial times cost us. Some bad wides and poor shot selection in the last few minutes. Just watched a bit of the match back and I don't think you'll see a softer sending off all year. The boys battled well after that and just came up short.
The minors faded badly and were well beaten in the end. Bad day all round.
nil satis nisi optimum

Line Ball

I couldn't wait to get home to see why Mc Govern was sent off, sweet fcuk if that was a sending off then I am an Arab.  I think we really missed the boat today, we needed to push on late after a massive effort to put us back in the game but the changes on the line made absolutely no impact.  The brand of football we are playing, both minor and senior, is hard to watch and it really is not us.  If we were good at it and winning it might help but losing like that in both games is hard to take.

guevara

The sending off aside that is a poor Down Team. Too many passengers who merely occupy a Jersey. You would seriously have to question if that is the best 15 Club Players in the County?

1 Kane Poor kickouts but wasn't troubled by a poor Derry attack.
2 O'Hagan Marked tight & had a decent game.
3 Howard Got the runaround by Bradley
4 Boyle Solid game. Harshly penalised by Kinsella's poor judgement.
5 Turley Didn't get forward enough. Average Footballer.
6 McArdle You would seriously have to ask is this fella the best number 6 in the County? Athlete with limited footballing ability.
7 McGovern Played out of position to accommodate others. Terrible decision with the sending off.
8 Fitzpatrick Cleaned out at Midfield.
9 Mooney Gone backwards as a result of his AFL Journey. Looks a very average footballer compared to his explosive underage days
10 Devlin Passenger - Game passed by.
11 Maginn As above
12 McKernan Showed his class in kicking a few beautiful scores
13 Poland Finished at this level. Spends more time on the ground than on the ball. Lacks pace & threat.
14 Lavery Industrious & had to drop deep to get on the ball . Better at 11 against blanket defences.
15 O'Hare Anonymous
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan