snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tones

You couldn't like the lad if you reared him the young pup who beat Williams beat Murphy last year, worth a flutter, though he's 6 months too old to beat Hendry as the youngest if he goes on.

Tones

Ghost

Some ending to the Allen v. Higgins match there. Allen boing to be wondering how he didn't win. Had chances in the last 2 frames to see it out.

Higgins showing his bottle once again.

square_ball

Allen never have a better chance of getting to the final with the draw he had there. Threw that away. Be hard to get over that for him.

quit yo jibbajabba

Fantastic last frame echoes of Higgins Alex famous clearance against a young Jimmy White

square_ball

That's as bad a semi final line up as there's ever been.

Jones v Bingham
Wilson v Gilbert

AustinPowers

Quote from: square_ball on May 01, 2024, 10:02:56 PMThat's as bad a semi final line up as there's ever been.

Jones v Bingham
Wilson v Gilbert

What happened to big Ronnie Selby and  Higgins?

Who are Jones and Gilbert?

Ghost

Quote from: square_ball on May 01, 2024, 10:02:56 PMThat's as bad a semi final line up as there's ever been.

Jones v Bingham
Wilson v Gilbert

Brutal. That Jak Jones is as boring as they come.

square_ball

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 01, 2024, 10:05:55 PM

Jones v Bingham
Wilson v Gilbert

What happened to big Ronnie Selby and  Higgins?

Who are Jones and Gilbert?

They've all been shite. Poor standard all round this year. Can't imagine that semi final line up will capture the imagination of the neutrals. David Gilbert was in the semi final a few years ago but bit of a journeyman player. Jak Jones is a Selby lite. Hard to watch.

Snooker on its last legs. No young players coming through. A quick look at the draw this year and there's a handful under 30.

An Watcher

Great to see some new players in there for a change.  Delighted to see that hateful **** osullivan go out. 
Looks like a Bingham v Wilson final now.  Bingham is a bit of a character too.  Jones plays a different game as well and his safety is excellent. 
Refreshing to see these guys up there.  Fair play to them

Tony Baloney

Jimmy White said the old stagers couldn't manage the speed of the tables. Not sure why these other chaps could if they are considered less skilful.

AustinPowers

Snooker has no real personalities  now.   That was part of the attraction in the 80's, in particular.  Players are just  really dull now.

I  loved  watching  the world championship back in the day , particularly Jimmy White.  I was glued  to the TV when he was on. 

I don't think there's a  player who would  make me sit down and watch. Ronnie is a great player but  he just doesn't  do it for me. I've not watched a second so far, and with that  last 4 , it doesn't  look like  I'll watch much of what's left.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jones v Bingham
Wilson v Gilbert

Binghams a decent watch tbh but yes overall v few characters left even from first round in the tourno was struggling in this respect

Jones minds me on Wolfie from Inbetweeners every fuddin time I see him 😆🙈

gallsman

This f**king nonsense again about "characters". What you see on the screen in terms of people playing snooker hasn't changed a bit, whether it's Higgins or White or Jak Jones. It's just a lad at a table potting balls. Some do it faster than others. Some are incredibly slow. Same as it ever was.