International rules

Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 13, 2017, 06:55:09 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 13, 2017, 06:17:18 PM
Marc O'Sé is dead right.
No wonder ourselves and Dublin don't bother with this nonsense anymore.

Were any Meath players asked to take part?
The New York lads were right to boycott it
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

trileacman

Ah watching it here now and it's shite enough to be honest. It's kinda like those crossover tv shows like family guy and the Simpson's. Ya take two 10/10 sports and when you add them together you get a 3/10 sport. Without the violence that kept it alive for so long it's really only the novelty that makes anything of this game and after 20+ years that's long since been spent.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

sligoman2

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2017, 06:30:10 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 13, 2017, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2017, 12:55:41 PM
This 'f**k the Begrudgers' stuff is starting to get on my tits. No matter what the subject is, if you voice any sort of disagreement, you are a begrudger. I've long ago given up watching this farce, but I understand and accept that others do, so be it. I'm not going to call them names for liking it.

f**k the begrudgers on Dublin
f**k the begrudgers on International Rules
f**k the begrudgers on Padraic Duffy
f**k the begrudgers on Martin O'Neill and his style of play
f**k the begrudgers on Conor McGregor
f**k the begrudgers on U2

ad infinitum

Jaysus it would wear you down. It would appear that all disagreement now is simply begrudgery. Do people actually know what 'begrudgery' is?
Unlike you to get rattled AZ. I agree with the begrudgery point but there's comes a point when "turn the channel" is a fair point.

Also, why do you feel the need to call it a farce?

It's not begrudgery to say you don't like the game. I said I don't watch it but I'm well aware others do and like it. No harm. I just don't like being told not liking it is begrudgery. 

As for why I call it a farce it's because
A it's not football
B it's not aussie rules
C it's only played a couple of times a year
D it doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

But that's just my opinion.  I know others disagree. Either way it's not begrudgery 😀

It's not the disagreement AZ, it's the negativity from some of the posters on some of the topics.  Some people (not you by the way) invoke the doomsday scenario when any change is proposed. I am delighted that a sligo lad is on the team and i would never begrude the fact that he and the others have an opportunity to represent the country.
I fully understand this is not everyone's cup of tea, hence the remote control comment. I don't like baseball, so i don't watch it - end of story..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

AZOffaly

Quote from: sligoman2 on November 13, 2017, 07:57:53 PM
This 'f**k the Begrudgers' stuff is starting to get on my tits. No matter what the subject is, if you voice any sort of disagreement, you are a begrudger. I've long ago given up watching this farce, but I understand and accept that others do, so be it. I'm not going to call them names for liking it.

ad infinitum

Jaysus it would wear you down. It would appear that all disagreement now is simply begrudgery. Do people actually know what 'begrudgery' is?
Unlike you to get rattled AZ. I agree with the begrudgery point but there's comes a point when "turn the channel" is a fair point.

It's not begrudgery to say you don't like the game. I said I don't watch it but I'm well aware others do and like it. No harm. I just don't like being told not liking it is begrudgery. 

A it's not football
B it's not aussie rules

But that's just my opinion.  I know others disagree. Either way it's not begrudgery 😀

It's not the disagreement AZ, it's the negativity from some of the posters on some of the topics.  Some people (not you by the way) invoke the doomsday scenario when any change is proposed. I am delighted that a sligo lad is on the team and i would never begrude the fact that he and the others have an opportunity to represent the country.
I fully understand this is not everyone's cup of tea, hence the remote control comment. I don't like baseball, so i don't watch it - end of story..

Such begrudgery!!! :)

Jinxy

ad infinitum

A it's not football
B it's not aussie rules

What?!
Who?!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

It seems to me that the vast majority of our top players are keen to continue the series and that's good enough for me. As a game, it's going to go nowhere. Nowhere that is, beyond those biannual encounters as you'll never see a group of kids messing about as they do in soccer or Gaelic knockabouts. This hybrid game is far too complicated for that but our intercounty players seem to be as keen to be selected  for home games as they are for junkets down under. I never heard of a player yet who didn't, or doesn't, think it is an honour to represent his county. So, let them at it, I say. (I think its a load of shite but that's just my personal opinion.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

LooseCannon

Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2017, 07:10:18 PM
Marc O'Sé is dead right.

Players from Intermediate and Junior Counties were not considered.

A Roscommon lad on a high horse ;D
Are you not a Mayo lad being from Ballaghadreen and all, just like Andy, David Drake and Pearce???;D

LooseCannon

At least the football is decent.

The shinty is pure SH*TE

Rossfan

Quote from: LooseCannon on November 13, 2017, 10:35:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2017, 07:10:18 PM
Marc O'Sé is dead right.

Players from Intermediate and Junior Counties were not considered.

A Roscommon lad on a high horse ;D
Are you not a Mayo lad being from Ballaghadreen and all, just like Andy, David Drake and Pearce???;D
By Jasus you're askin for a good batin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim Bob

Replacements for the sickies? Harte?

Throw ball

Avondhu star

Quote from: Jinxy on November 13, 2017, 10:13:41 PM

ad infinitum

A it's not football
B it's not aussie rules

What?!
Who?!
Local boy makes good

Avondhu star

Quote from: Jinxy on November 13, 2017, 10:13:41 PM

ad infinitum

A it's not football
B it's not aussie rules

What?!
Who?!
Local boy makes good

vallankumous

ad infinitum

Yes a million times!

CJ2017

Ciaran Sheehan has been drafted in to the squad