Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: Jayop on July 11, 2019, 11:29:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 11, 2019, 11:27:27 PM
Typical gaa. Couldn't admit a problem with the rules so they overturn only 1. Does this mean if he gets another 1 we are back to a ban again

Yup

Nightmare. The cavan one was a joke. 100% certain he will get another black card to even it out for the gaa. Ironically he is one of the cleanest players in the game

southtyronegael

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 11, 2019, 11:33:56 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 11, 2019, 11:29:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 11, 2019, 11:27:27 PM
Typical gaa. Couldn't admit a problem with the rules so they overturn only 1. Does this mean if he gets another 1 we are back to a ban again

Yup

Nightmare. The cavan one was a joke. 100% certain he will get another black card to even it out for the gaa. Ironically he is one of the cleanest players in the game
wouldn't exactly say cleanest, he got red carded against Monaghan last year for punching someone in the ribs.

WT4E

http://hoganstand.com/article/index/301613

What a great footballer.... But can we all now agree hes now a self serving twat whose embarrassing. Mickey and Sean have let the County and the lads down.

The Bearded One

Quote from: WT4E on July 12, 2019, 03:05:49 AM

What a great footballer.... But can we all now agree hes now a self serving twat whose embarrassing. Mickey and Sean have let the County and the lads down.

Don't agree with his analysis of this at all but I expect he's trying fire fight any reputational damage to his business. Just a hunch.
It is what it is. Presumably.

RedHand88

Quote from: The Bearded One on July 12, 2019, 07:59:44 AM

Don't agree with his analysis of this at all but I expect he's trying fire fight any reputational damage to his business. Just a hunch.

The parade did not "pass the bus" as suggested here. It blocked the road. The bus had to wait for it to finish.
Also, you don't need to be political to have an idea of the words of that song.

Jayop

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 12, 2019, 10:24:53 AM

Exactly. it was embarassing from him. First of all how can you possibly condemn lads for singing a song and then in the next breath say you have no idea what the song is about?? Makes zero sense.

I'm trying to figure out what's worse from him this week. This or the crying about the Kerry fans clapping the Tyrone team into the bus in Kilarney which was a gesture at the time that everyone thought was great. Thin skin these lads are turning out to have.
The parade did not "pass the bus" as suggested here. It blocked the road. The bus had to wait for it to finish.

ardtole

Quote from: Jayop on July 12, 2019, 03:27:15 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 12, 2019, 10:24:53 AM

Exactly. it was embarassing from him. First of all how can you possibly condemn lads for singing a song and then in the next breath say you have no idea what the song is about?? Makes zero sense.

I'm trying to figure out what's worse from him this week. This or the crying about the Kerry fans clapping the Tyrone team into the bus in Kilarney which was a gesture at the time that everyone thought was great. Thin skin these lads are turning out to have.

When the Kerry fans applauded the Tyrone team after beating them in Killarney, I interpreted as a show of support to Mickey Harte after the loss of Michaela. It might have been a while after the tragedy, but my instinct at the time was it was a show of both sympathy and admiration for Mickey Harte in particular.

Jayop

As did everyone with half a brain because that's exactly what it was.

Fuzzman

I wasn't at that game but I heard from others that the Kerry fans were a disgrace that day. The language and hatred they had before and during the game was a real eye opener for many.
Then when they had us beaten they mellowed and were all patronising and smug as if they had finally put us back in our place. Yes most of them have a lot of respect for Mickey Harte but had we have beaten them that day I'm not so sure would they have been so pleased to look for autographs and wish the lads well on the way home.
I've always found that with Kerry people, lovely when they're beating you but in 2008 final I was sitting in the middle of loads and before the game not one would chat to me or have the craic. As soon as game was over they were away.

RedHand88

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 13, 2019, 11:50:01 AM
I wasn't at that game but I heard from others that the Kerry fans were a disgrace that day. The language and hatred they had before and during the game was a real eye opener for many.
Then when they had us beaten they mellowed and were all patronising and smug as if they had finally put us back in our place. Yes most of them have a lot of respect for Mickey Harte but had we have beaten them that day I'm not so sure would they have been so pleased to look for autographs and wish the lads well on the way home.
I've always found that with Kerry people, lovely when they're beating you but in 2008 final I was sitting in the middle of loads and before the game not one would chat to me or have the craic. As soon as game was over they were away.

Its a superiority complex that certain elements within their fanbase have. Have noticed it over the years at league/championship games. They will be your friend until you dare to question their status as the best team in Ireland,especially when you are *shudder*, a nordie team.

Jayop

I was on the hill in the 03 semi final with the wife and was surrounded by kerry lads and genuinely was waiting for them to kick off.

trailer

Niall Morgan who had a great game by the way, 0 from 1 on the frees I think. I make that <checks notes> yes 0% 

Angelo

Thought Tyrone really flexed their muscles in the 2nd half. Roscommon put an awful lot into the first half and went in trailing which will be tough for them.

I was little worried about how easy Roscommon were able to feed their full forward line in the first half but in the second half we really got on top of them and probably would have ran out more convincing winners if we were ruthless enough there.

Kennedy will presumably be a big doubt for next week.

Harte replaced Coney in the named squad yesterday. Thought this was a bit of a surprise (unless Coney was injured) as McAliskey was the only other attacking option on the bench. McCann also seemed to be ready to come on at some point yesterday, he was wearing the no 29 jersey so presumably he will be ready to come back in shortly.

Cork look to be much improved this year and have some good players across the pitch but the way they play should fit perfectly for Tyrone. They have conceded 5-18 and 1-19 the game before so we should get plenty of chances to open them up.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Looks like Tyrone are back to their brilliant, boring best.