Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

As Chou En Lai said, when asked about the impact of the French Revolution..."it's too early to tell". Let's not be too hasty in coming to a decisive conclusion about 1798 either

weareros

The DUP got drunk on being the poster boys for Brexit. They found a global stage, the HOC where they were up to then largely irrelevant, to finally unleash their patented brand of Ulster stubbornness for the world to see. Suddenly as saviors of Brexit, they were the darlings of the right wing press and the deranged commentators in the Express and Daily Mail, with comments like Arlene for PM or how can I vote for the DUP in Bolsover and Havering. To them it was the Siege of Britain and the sons of Ulster were defending all from Catholic Europe and the iffy Gay in power down South who was preventing Brexit in his mission to destroy the Union and seize NI. But the more attention one attracts to one self, the more scrutiny - and more GB people now see the bribes, realise they pay more to prop up NI than gain access to EU market, they hold bigoted views, they insist on divergence when they want it, and Farmer Boris in his wellies has even come to realise agrifood alignment makes sense. Their goose, or gammon, is now cooked.

Ronnie

Yeah.  I could see them losing 20% of their seats at next GE but then I did predict that previously..

Dougal Maguire

When you look at the British Government front bench and see Boris sitting with Rabb (I'd never get tired slapping his incompetent face)Gove, Rees Mogg, Patel to name but a few, it almost makes some of the brood of vipers from the Thatcher era Tebbitt, Parkinson, Lilley, Baker, Selwyn Gummer, look human
Careful now

Aaron Boone

The NI-only backstop appears to be back in play. Both Faisal Islam and Jamie Bryson have commented this evening.

t_mac

Just saying but fcuk I'd love to slap the head of that odious p***k Rabb.

Edit just seen your post Dougal I'm obviously not alone.

yellowcard

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 08, 2019, 09:58:22 PM
The NI-only backstop appears to be back in play. Both Faisal Islam and Jamie Bryson have commented this evening.

Highly respected commentator so it must be true!

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on September 09, 2019, 08:32:00 AM

Highly respected commentator so it must be true!

"Loyalist Blogger" I think is the correct term!!

Rossfan

Bozo came, talked sh1te and fecked off home again.
Seems he has loads of proposals.....

But he's keeping them to himself.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dougal Maguire

t_mac. No need for the edit. The more slapping the better
Careful now

LeoMc

Privately a relief to the DUP I would think. They can denounce it and play the Union card still get the economic benefits of a foot in both camps.

thebuzz

John Bercow has announced he will stand down as Commons speaker on 31 October at the latest.

On the verge of tears, the Buckingham MP said he had been the "backbenchers' backstop" during his ten years in the top job.

He added serving had been "the greatest honour of my professional life".

Watched by his wife Sally from the gallery, Mr Bercow said he would stay in post until Brexit day at the latest because it was the "least disruptive" timetable.

Thanking MPs - mostly from the opposition benches - as they rose to applaud his speech, he told them: "You really are a very, very generous bunch."

"I wish my successor the very best fortune in standing up for the rights of MPs individually and for parliament institutionally," he added.

Only a handful of Tory MPs stood to applaud Speaker John Bercow

Michael Gove, a long-serving cabinet minister and chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, paid tribute to Mr Bercow's "unwavering" commitment to his principles and constituents.

mouview

Deserves credit alone for allegedly calling Andrea Leadsom a stupid woman.

Boycey

Bercow giving it socks now, clearly going to make the most of what little time he has left. 

Eamonnca1

Bercow is one of the fairest and firmest speakers I've seen. Defended the authority of the house to the end. I wonder if they found a bit of dirt on him and threatened him. When he got his ovation I noticed not many sour-faced Tory frontbenchers clapping, to say nothing of standing up.