Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 05, 2019, 08:16:56 AM

The solution is already here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-44054594

Border between norway and Sweden Is technology based. Over 1300 lorries pass through it a day without any issues. Waiting time is 20 minutes. People are hell bent on finding faults instead of looking at what the EU already has in place with other countries.

That's hilarious. It was about 20 minutes in Ireland back before 1992. Places like Castleblayney and Dundalk had lorries waiting up the sides of roads. With the amount of stuff moved on roads nowadays that'd be chaos. "No issues" my ass. A border doesn't get much harder than that.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: t_mac on September 05, 2019, 05:46:13 PM
Bojo just said he would rather be dead in a ditch than ask for an extension. All opposition parties should hold firm and make him.

Well, he did say Brexit was do or die...

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/boris-johnson-seeks-to-ditch-uk-pledges-to-eu-on-future-relations-1.4009202
« It is clear the Johnson administration sees the future in terms of competing with the EU by means of cheap costs, whether labour, social or environmental – the UK as an Atlantic Singapore. »
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

That was the plan of a lot of the Brexiteers all along.
They'll be like Taiwan, an American satellite state.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

Quote from: t_mac on September 05, 2019, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2019, 05:25:12 PM
Don't 417 or so have to vote for an election before it can be held?
Bozos and DUPUDA seem to have 299 between them.
Labour can hold ut up as long as they wish then.

No BoJo can introduce a bill that needs a simple majority hence SNP need to be on board with Luke Skywalker- sorry the rebel alliance.

But that bill has to be passed first and can be subject to amendments by the opposition I think?

mouview

Quote from: bennydorano on September 05, 2019, 05:56:51 PM
Cummins starting to get some well merited stick now, just watched an evisceration of him on Sky news by Oborne from the Mail and another former Boris advisor. Outside the Tory / Brexit echo chamber its starting to come undone.

Sincerely hope Cummings is left in place. He'll be divisive for as long as he's Boris Bunter's puppetmaster.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2019, 08:47:48 PM
That was the plan of a lot of the Brexiteers all along.
They'll be like Taiwan, an American satellite state.

Why would anyone vote to be pauperised?
It would be the end of Norn Irn

omaghjoe

Quote from: mouview on September 05, 2019, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 05, 2019, 05:56:51 PM
Cummins starting to get some well merited stick now, just watched an evisceration of him on Sky news by Oborne from the Mail and another former Boris advisor. Outside the Tory / Brexit echo chamber its starting to come undone.

Sincerely hope Cummings is left in place. He'll be divisive for as long as he's Boris Bunter's puppetmaster.

Dunno about that..... if he is as switched on as they say he is he'll learn from this week that going for the nuclear button doesnt always work. A more cunning version of him could be a lot dangerous in terms of what he could achieve.

Then again he might just be an inherent impulsive know it all. In which case you can expect to see more of this mad crap....of course sooner of later it may pan out like he intended.

I have no doubt tho that in an election he will have a plan for the Tories, trick for the opposition is to be ready... unlike the referendum

screenexile

Nothing sorted yet but it seems like the Torres/Cummings gambled on the opposition parties not being able to come together while they secretly got their ducks in a row and to all intents and purposes have been one step ahead of Boris at every turn.

They need to get this put into law and an extension agreed then Boris is definitely gone!!

Great to see f**k the Tories!!

Ronnie

Let's call this lot Liberal Elite Westminster (LEW).  The LEW - led by Corbyn - are ploughing one of the most conservative of all ideas.  'My dad said we've to vote Tory because they're smarter than us and know what's better for us".  Can't remember the official title for this phenomenon but it held the Conservatives as the ruling party until new Labour came along early 90s.  Essentially Parliamentary Sovereignty is democracy so long as the mob don't get to act on their impulses.  Popularism and a simple in/out vote.  A better referendum would be:  "Should we end immigration?  Yes or No"

I'm glad we're not getting a no deal Brexit but we'll still get a Brexit and it'll be Theresa May's deal tidied up by Corbyn or the leader of the Unity Govt.  I predict Labour losing in most of England except London, home of LEW.  Dom Cum is excellent at electoral strategy.  Corbyn should consider making him an offer.

sensethetone

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 05, 2019, 07:25:15 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 05, 2019, 05:46:13 PM
Bojo just said he would rather be dead in a ditch than ask for an extension. All opposition parties should hold firm and make him.

Well, he did say Brexit was do or die...

When BJ was then asked so you would resign first and he shat the pants.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on September 05, 2019, 10:22:31 PM
Nothing sorted yet but it seems like the Torres/Cummings gambled on the opposition parties not being able to come together while they secretly got their ducks in a row and to all intents and purposes have been one step ahead of Boris at every turn.

They need to get this put into law and an extension agreed then Boris is definitely gone!!

Great to see f**k the Tories!!

Dominic Cummings (Johnson's unelected "special adviser"), to a long-standing Tory MP and recent cabinet minister, Greg Clark:

"When are you f***ing MPs going to realise, we are leaving on October 31? We are going to purge you."

Ronnie

Nothing wrong with the word "purge".  Corbyn has done it.  Hitler has done it. Mugabe has done it. The problem is it's context and it's connotations.  It's rarely used by mistake.

trailer

Quote from: Ronnie on September 06, 2019, 06:32:29 AM
Let's call this lot Liberal Elite Westminster (LEW).  The LEW - led by Corbyn - are ploughing one of the most conservative of all ideas.  'My dad said we've to vote Tory because they're smarter than us and know what's better for us".  Can't remember the official title for this phenomenon but it held the Conservatives as the ruling party until new Labour came along early 90s.  Essentially Parliamentary Sovereignty is democracy so long as the mob don't get to act on their impulses.  Popularism and a simple in/out vote.  A better referendum would be:  "Should we end immigration?  Yes or No"

I'm glad we're not getting a no deal Brexit but we'll still get a Brexit and it'll be Theresa May's deal tidied up by Corbyn or the leader of the Unity Govt.  I predict Labour losing in most of England except London, home of LEW.  Dom Cum is excellent at electoral strategy.  Corbyn should consider making him an offer.

I feel stupider for having read that.

seafoid

No Deal for people in NI would mean a huge drop in wages/social welfare. Why the DUP would support this is beyond me.
Paradoxically Brexit has brought the 2 parts of the Irish nation closer than at any time in the last century. In 1969 the Dublin
government had virtually no insight into NI society.