Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5times5times on June 19, 2023, 12:12:44 PM
Maybe Kelly's diving + cheating during league coming back to bite him? Esp the "incident" vs Monaghan

Ah sure then that's ok then :D

If the shoe was on the other foot, would Armagh ones have highlighted this or just said "ah, nothing in that, not conclusive, he deserved it for diving and cheating against Monaghan" ?

Just call it as it is and move on, there's no defending that action
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 12:05:07 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 12:01:05 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 19, 2023, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 19, 2023, 11:23:33 AM
From the replay yesterday it looked like forker threw a few digs on the ground after the penalty was awarded, did anyone else notice that?

Was that this one?

https://twitter.com/SmallerFishGAA/status/1670691721846423553?s=20

Do we think this behaviour is coached in Armagh? Beginning to think it's the only explanation.

Titally unbiased, no horse in this race but it doesn't look conclusive to me.
I suspect if Forker had punched as some want to see it , kelly would have been carrying a mark and certainly would not have got up as quickly.

What was he doing then? Piling? hitting the ground in frustration? Plenty of professional boxers miss their target, the ball was nowhere near him, his forearm caught him twice. What do you suspect he was doing?

I dont think he was striking kelly on the face. Thats what i think.
In real time limbs and body's are making contact and moving in close vicinity. Sean Kelly certainly did not react like he was struck, and we know from the league game with Monaghan
He would make the most if it , if he had been.

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 12:17:54 PM
Maybe Kelly's diving + cheating during league coming back to bite him? Esp the "incident" vs Monaghan

If the shoe was on the other foot, would Armagh ones have highlighted this or just said "ah, nothing in that, not conclusive, he deserved it for diving and cheating against Monaghan" ?

Yep.
I believe the rule is striking or attempting to strike. At the very least, it looks like 2 attempts to strike.
Should be a straight red.

An Watcher

Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 12:26:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 12:05:07 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 12:01:05 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 19, 2023, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 19, 2023, 11:23:33 AM
From the replay yesterday it looked like forker threw a few digs on the ground after the penalty was awarded, did anyone else notice that?

Was that this one?

https://twitter.com/SmallerFishGAA/status/1670691721846423553?s=20

Do we think this behaviour is coached in Armagh? Beginning to think it's the only explanation.

Titally unbiased, no horse in this race but it doesn't look conclusive to me.
I suspect if Forker had punched as some want to see it , kelly would have been carrying a mark and certainly would not have got up as quickly.

What was he doing then? Piling? hitting the ground in frustration? Plenty of professional boxers miss their target, the ball was nowhere near him, his forearm caught him twice. What do you suspect he was doing?

I dont think he was striking kelly on the face. Thats what i think.
In real time limbs and body's are making contact and moving in close vicinity. Sean Kelly certainly did not react like he was struck, and we know from the league game with Monaghan
He would make the most if it , if he had been.

;D ;D ;D

tonto1888

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 19, 2023, 12:26:46 PM

Yep.
I believe the rule is striking or attempting to strike. At the very least, it looks like 2 attempts to strike.

The first 'strike' occurred when he fell. Hard to avoid. The second 'strike' you can clearly see forker is putting his hand down. Kelly's reaction, or rather lack off, tells you all you need to know

Maroon Manc

Anyone see any comments from Joyce in the media after the game?

bennydorano

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 19, 2023, 12:54:16 PM
Anyone see any comments from Joyce in the media after the game?
Giving off about soft frees was all I read.

Throw ball

In relation to penalty incident. Is it definitely Forker?

trailer

Armagh homecoming fixed for 7pm in Armagh City this evening. Be sure and come along to show your appreciation for our Group 2 heroes.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 19, 2023, 12:45:31 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 19, 2023, 12:26:46 PM

Yep.

The first 'strike' occurred when he fell. Hard to avoid. The second 'strike' you can clearly see forker is putting his hand down. Kelly's reaction, or rather lack off, tells you all you need to know

Watching the game I never noticed any reaction from Kelly after the incident.  If he thought he had been punched twice I am sure he would have addressed it with the ref or player who done it. 

On the game itself, Galway seemed to control a lot of the game and the few goal chances created would have killed off Armagh, but they just weren't able to do that.  Surly they are kicking themselves for the predicament they are left in now.  If Kelly is injured for Mayo they have little chance of winning imo. 

Armagh to their credit played well and kept at them, not allowing them to extend their early lead.  Perhaps Galway disrespected them by allowing them to kick the ball into the forwards as they were doing. 

Credit must go to Westmeath also.  As we all suspected, they were going to drop out at this stage, but they wen't out swinging and performed admirably in every game. 

Galway - injuries depending, they are more than likely to get dumped out next day out. 
Armagh - luck of the draw will see them progress further.  Consistency is a big issue. 
Tyrone - too unpredictable to cause any of the big teams any concern.  Similar to Armagh, just not consistent enough. 
Tyrone Fans - couldn't love them if you reared them.   

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2023, 01:08:00 PM
Armagh homecoming fixed for 7pm in Armagh City this evening. Be sure and come along to show your appreciation for our Group 2 heroes.

Took you a while. Expected this post yesterday haha

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on June 19, 2023, 12:07:00 PM
All of the digs at Forker are a compliment to Armagh and makes yesterdays victory even more enjoyable. If we weren't deemed a threat or had got beaten it would only be a footnote and would barely get a mention. It's great to see mostly Tyrone fans getting so animated about other counties when they should be focusing on their own team scraping through against a division 3 side only by virtue of a last minute 13 metre free kick that was missed.
It would be good if Armagh could kick on from this and at least make a semi final
A few new teams is what the competition needs and the Orange jerseys go well with a lot of other colours.

Armamike

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 19, 2023, 01:20:43 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2023, 01:08:00 PM

Took you a while. Expected this post yesterday haha

Nothing worse than telling an old joke.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on June 19, 2023, 01:26:23 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 19, 2023, 12:07:00 PM
All of the digs at Forker are a compliment to Armagh and makes yesterdays victory even more enjoyable. If we weren't deemed a threat or had got beaten it would only be a footnote and would barely get a mention. It's great to see mostly Tyrone fans getting so animated about other counties when they should be focusing on their own team scraping through against a division 3 side only by virtue of a last minute 13 metre free kick that was missed.
It would be good if Armagh could kick on from this and at least make a semi final
A few new teams is what the competition needs and the Orange jerseys go well with a lot of other colours.

Fingers crossed we do

gallsman

Lads trying to defend Forker here ffs. "He was clearly putting his hand on the ground". Catch yourselves on.