Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 19, 2023, 10:46:04 AM
Quote from: naka on June 19, 2023, 10:37:20 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 19, 2023, 10:31:31 AM
A few thoughts on the Armagh v Galway game.
Galway definitely need Comer in there. Walsh hasn't been the same player this year.
Armagh are a better rounded team without O'Neill!

Having just watched that video clip of the double punch, who ever that was will find themselves lucky if they don't get a retrospective red car and rightly so.
Dirty action.

It's really hard to like this Armagh side, too many boys running about like cubs looking a row outside a nightclub.
I still think if they focused more on the football they'd be a much better side as there are some excellent footballers there.
Most of us in Armagh couldn't care less if we are liked or not by the other counties .

I don't care if you don't care  :P

I don't care if you don't care that.....
I enjoy the banter. It'll be a sad day when we can't have that

From the replay yesterday it looked like forker threw a few digs on the ground after the penalty was awarded, did anyone else notice that?

RedHand88

Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 19, 2023, 11:23:33 AM
From the replay yesterday it looked like forker threw a few digs on the ground after the penalty was awarded, did anyone else notice that?

Was that this one?

https://twitter.com/SmallerFishGAA/status/1670691721846423553?s=20

Do we think this behaviour is coached in Armagh? Beginning to think it's the only explanation.

restorepride

The truth is usually well known within each county from Club football. Every county has them, some tolerated more than others. A thug on the club team will probably be a thug on the county team especially in desperate times of trying to win something. It's the player that tackles to deliberately inflict injury who needs to be challenged. Bullying on the field of sport needs to become as unacceptable as bulllying in schools or workplace.  Same with thuggery.

tbrick18

Quote from: mackers on June 19, 2023, 11:08:18 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2023, 10:46:28 AM
Quote from: mackers on June 19, 2023, 10:40:23 AM
Galway definitely need Comer in there. Walsh hasn't been the same player this year.

Having just watched that video clip of the double punch, who ever that was will find themselves lucky if they don't get a retrospective red car and rightly so.
Dirty action.

It's really hard to like this Armagh side, too many boys running about like cubs looking a row outside a nightclub.
I still think if they focused more on the football they'd be a much better side as there are some excellent footballers there.
Most of us in Armagh couldn't care less if we are liked or not by the other counties .
It seems to be mostly Derry and Tyrone posters coming to the conclusion that they don't like us.......hardly surprising.

Are there many Derry ones who don't like Armagh? Personally I don't mind them. We have a lot in common namely our severe hatred of Tyrone!
I wasn't aware of any ill feeling between the counties but we've a few Derry ones on here spending a lot of their time giving us stick.......suppose it's better than being ignored. Hope they're giving out about us for another few weeks yet.

I dont think there is any ill feeling between the counties.
I personally have plenty of friends from across Armagh and the craic is always good when it comes to football.
I'm talking about the approach of this team to physicality. A lot of the players come across as acting the hard man, ala O'Neill, where if they focused on football the team in general would be a lot better. It's that Hard Man persona that annoys me.

tbrick18

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 19, 2023, 11:17:15 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 19, 2023, 10:46:04 AM

Dirty action.

I don't care if you don't care  :P

I don't care if you don't care that.....
I enjoy the banter. It'll be a sad day when we can't have that

Sure if you can't have a bit of craic about sport, what's the point!

Derryman forever

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 19, 2023, 11:27:12 AM

Was that this one?

Do we think this behaviour is coached in Armagh? Beginning to think it's the only explanation.

Totally unbiased, no horse in this race but it doesn't look conclusive to me.
I suspect if Forker had punched as some want to see it , kelly would have been carrying a mark and certainly would not have got up as quickly.

smort

Teams are a reflection of the manager. McGeeney and McKeever played with an edge, and Donaghy was no shrinking violet, so obviously it is at least being encouraged

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 12:01:05 PM

Was that this one?

Titally unbiased, no horse in this race but it doesn't look conclusive to me.
I suspect if Forker had punched as some want to see it , kelly would have been carrying a mark and certainly would not have got up as quickly.

What was he doing then? Piling? hitting the ground in frustration? Plenty of professional boxers miss their target, the ball was nowhere near him, his forearm caught him twice. What do you suspect he was doing?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Kelly plays things up too (great player and don't want to slag him too much but he has form here) so if there was really something in this he'd not have got up and would have been giving off about it.

yellowcard

All of the digs at Forker are a compliment to Armagh and makes yesterdays victory even more enjoyable. If we weren't deemed a threat or had got beaten it would only be a footnote and would barely get a mention. It's great to see mostly Tyrone fans getting so animated about other counties when they should be focusing on their own team scraping through against a division 3 side only by virtue of a last minute 13 metre free kick that was missed.   

David McKeown

Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 12:01:05 PM

Was that this one?

Totally unbiased, no horse in this race but it doesn't look conclusive to me.

I think there's clearly contact on the first effort which knocks out the gum shield. Now he may be given the benefit of the doubt on that one. The second is far less clear cut. Forker seems to miss Kelly and hit the ground. One of those ones I think had he been sent off it wouldn't get overturned but may not be enough for retrospective action either.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Was that this one?

Just to clarify I couldn't give a shit if he did, just wanted to know if it was just me that saw it. Happens with every team in the country, don't buy into the bullshit from southern media "it's always Armagh".

5times5times

Maybe Kelly's diving + cheating during league coming back to bite him? Esp the "incident" vs Monaghan

Armaghtothebone

The group is over
We won it
Time to look forward for all teams involved