Top GPA members to run for Dail Eireann

Started by stephenite, November 14, 2006, 04:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Scribhneoir

Enough of this codology.  I've been watching here from the sides for a while but this is politicking gone off its head so The Scribe is wading in. The GPA boys are in way over their heads here.  Bertie and the Bull have listened with nodding heads, let them believe what they want to believe and then handed them back to the GAA.  Some money will go to the GAA for certain projects which will allow money currently tied up in those projects to be to freed up for welfare.  Padraic Duffy, not Dessie, Donal Og and friends will decide what to do with it. This piece in the Indo is actually another piece of GPA tomfoolery - a desperate attempt to turn the tide.  The guy who wrote it works for the GPA FFS and one of the sports editors in there is an advisor to the GPA.  Classic piece of 'run an idea up the flagpole' stuff.  I wouldn't imagine anyone in FF is too worried.

Fionntamhnach

If the GPA field some of its members to run for the Dail, I would comfortably predict that they would be gone within six months of the vote.

dublinfella

Todays mirror:

Shamrock Rovers received a boost to their hopes of being in Tallaght within 12 months after Minister for Sport and Tourism, John O Donoghue issued a 'hands off' warning to GAA clubs in the area.

The hoops plans to move into a permanent new home have been stalled by protests by GAA outfits in the South Dublin area demanding the right to utilize the stadium.

But O'Donoghue claims that although the matter is subject to a judicial review, he is refusing to back down in his support of the stadium being used for soccer only.

Turfsmoke

The Dail would be the right place for them - all the "ripper-offs" in Ireland in the one place!

It might also get them out of our GAA hair.

Would they then want to enter a Dail team in the Dublin Championships a la UCD? It would save Dessie the bother of trying to do the same via all those imports at Na Fianna. What about this for a line-out:
In goal: Dessie's Mum
RFB: Seeing it's the right wing, any colleague of Pat Rabbitte's will do
FB: John O'Donoghue (when his Shamrock Rovers duties allow)
LEFT FB: ... has to be ... Joe Higgins (and we'd have a choice of two!!!)
RHB: Brian "11 euros and 32 cents sandwich man" Corcoran
CHB: Glen Ryan

GPA Gaelic Prats Association
LHB: Dessie's Mum
MF: anybody able to finish this team out?

15 Johnny Blues

Brilliant an scriobhnoir that's what i've heard for ages all along. Can you elaborate?

Maroon Heaven

Why would a bunch of Gaa players run for the dail looking for a few quid, while we have massive bed shortages in hospitals, and crime on the rise.

Give my head peace.