Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: cadence on September 27, 2012, 10:28:05 PM
i've an idea. let's set up a cult made up of people who are very obviously anti-jim and let's call it the haters gonna hate club. then they can all get together and moan about jim to their hearts content. if not an uplifting experience, it might just well be a cathartic one for those involved. which would ironically leave these people indebted to jim in some way, although they could never admit this, which would also be brilliant for them too. the possibilities are endless.

This post brings me back to 2003 when Mickey Harte could do no wrong either. Aah the memories.

red hander

Is Jimmy on his way to Liverpool to help out Brendan Rodgers' struggling scousers?

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-in-shock-move-for-irish-manager

cadence

theticklemister

The Donegal county board have dismissed speculation that All-Ireland winning football manager Jim McGuinness is set to join the backroom staff of Premier League club Liverpool.

McGuinness has been linked to a permanent role at Anfield as a sports psychologist but Donegal chairman PJ McGowan insists there is nothing in those reports.
He might go back to his oul drinking ways if he goes to Liverpool............

The Donegal boss holds an MSc in sport psychology from John Moore's University in Liverpool and is understood to have links with Antrim native manager Brendan Rodgers.

However, McGowan told the Irish Times: "Jim was appointed for four years and he has only done two," said McGowan. "He wanted four years himself and that's what we agreed to.

"This is total news to me. We have already talked to Jim about plans for what he intends to do over the winter months and next year.

"What Jim does in his own time is his business but this would be a total shock," McGowan added.

skeog

jim has not denied the rumours which means some offer must have beeb made or maybe its mischief making by the media?

seafoid

Maybe it is Tyrone mind games.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: cadence on October 05, 2012, 06:22:37 PM
Quote from: red hander on October 05, 2012, 05:16:15 PM
Is Jimmy on his way to Liverpool to help out Brendan Rodgers' struggling scousers?

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-in-shock-move-for-irish-manager

please let this be a joke.

You'll never walk alone to be replaced by Jimmy's winning matches?

cadence

well if there's any truth in it that he is been courted, i hope he stays with us. he'll never be as loved than with us. great opportunity for him it has to be said.

i suppose it might all depend on the type of role liverpool want him to take, or he is prepared to give to liverpool either. could he manage both positions? donegal job takes up a lot of his time already.

cadence

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 05, 2012, 08:25:13 PM
Quote from: cadence on October 05, 2012, 06:22:37 PM
Quote from: red hander on October 05, 2012, 05:16:15 PM

please let this be a joke.

You'll never walk alone to be replaced by Jimmy's winning matches?

i hope not. what a bummer this is. jesus.

Syferus

If this is something he's seriously contemplating then the Donegal county board has come up with a coaching/ 'director of football' role where he can still benefit the county as well as continue as manager. Even outside of this it'd appear the smart thing to do, he clearly has the aptitude and the skills needed to master-plan the systems in a county. There never seems to be proper levels of retention of coaching talent in the full-time roles in counties.

Obviously it would be a complete and unmitigated disaster were he to leave.

5 Sams

Why would Jimmy go to an inferior set up??
The Aristocrat Years

johnpower

Best of luck to Jim if he decides to make a living helping some team. I think Donegal have enough talent to win another couple of sams

rodney trotter

He would probaly move into some coaching role in the future with Liverpool if anything does happens. Its a sports pyschology role being offered. He has experience in coaching before with Finn Harps and Derry City. Best of luck to him.

ck

What a load of oul media driven tripe.
Similar nonsense did the rounds about Mickey Harte a few years back.

armaghniac

Why would Jimmy go to an inferior set up??

True enough. He should aim to move up, the likes of Barcelona or Crossmaglen Rangers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B