Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: tintin25 on October 23, 2010, 06:06:26 PM

Lads, did a treble today of Brighton, Southampton and Hearts.  Can't mind what the odds were but £10.00 was supposedly meant to land me about £75.00.  Went to collect and Ladbrokes gave me £40.40, they said the prices are subject to change, which it does state in one of the betting sheets but I put down the odds at the time of my bet on the slip.  Are they right?

I did Swansea, Brighton, Livingston and Hearts, £7 was supposed to pay £51 but when I went to collect the girl said it was £46 and change. Shower of c***ts.

Edit - Was Ladbrokes too.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Lads, did a treble today of Brighton, Southampton and Hearts.  Can't mind what the odds were but £10.00 was supposedly meant to land me about £75.00.  Went to collect and Ladbrokes gave me £40.40, they said the prices are subject to change, which it does state in one of the betting sheets but I put down the odds at the time of my bet on the slip.  Are they right?

What odds you right on it? I have it at 8/15, 8/13 and 4/6... That would pay about 41 quid

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on October 23, 2010, 07:10:08 PM

What odds you right on it? I have it at 8/15, 8/13 and 4/6... That would pay about 41 quid

Those odds are about right, was never paying £75.

tintin25

Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2010, 07:16:22 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on October 23, 2010, 07:10:08 PM

Those odds are about right, was never paying £75.

I checked the odds that were written on one of their betting sheets (The standard forms that all bookies have).  Hearts were 11/10, Southampton were Evs and Brighton were 4/5.  I then put these odds on my betting slip as I was making my bet.  As far as I was concerned these were the odds at the time of my bet and even if they are subject to change I specifically put the odds on the slip at the time of my bet.  Even if they are right, it is very misleading and I won't be betting with them again!!

Minder

Tintin - I had a Ladbrokes coupon yesterday and today and Hearts were 4/6 and Brighton were 1/2 or 4/9. Brighton are top of the league, you weren't gonna get them at 4/5.

tintin25

Well, the only thing I can think of is that the coupon I looked at today was relative to the team winning in the first half only?  Defo had them odds on the coupon today.  Yeah, did think them odds were too good to be true but sure they never said anything when I made the bet.

Minder

Quote from: tintin25 on October 23, 2010, 08:20:02 PM

Well, the only thing I can think of is that the coupon I looked at today was relative to the team winning in the first half only?  Defo had them odds on the coupon today.  Yeah, did think them odds were too good to be true but sure they
never said anything when I made the bet.

In my bookies you are lucky if you get a grunt when you are putting the bet on. It might have been "mythical matches" when the teams are not "playing" their real opposition.

sammymaguire

Bookies make their own rules to suit themselves, don't expect any kind of favours off them
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2010, 11:55:27 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on October 23, 2010, 11:36:28 PM
Bookies make their own rules to suit themselves, don't expect any kind of favours off them
True but surely one should know this before betting. To accept an "I thought the odds were higher" plea, when they clearly weren't, is some favour.

I put my bet on at 2.50pm. I actually should have asked hatchet face what odds they paid out on as there was no reason for the odds to change on my teams.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Minder on October 24, 2010, 12:00:35 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2010, 11:55:27 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on October 23, 2010, 11:36:28 PM
True but surely one should know this before betting. To accept an "I thought the odds were higher" plea, when they clearly weren't, is some favour.

I put my bet on at 2.50pm. I actually should have asked hatchet face what odds they paid out on as there was no reason for the odds to change on my teams.

She should have told you your slip was wrong but the fact she did not means nothing as their rules apply, be glad you won and they paid you out
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

She was eating a curry chip at the time Sammy so I didn't want to get between a 14 stoner and her grub.

sammymaguire

That was probably wise, that way you would not have got any bet on, a late lunch getting cold so probably some shocking dirty looks thrown your way too.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ross4life

Why don't you guys use online betting? would save a lot of hassle
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sammymaguire

Quote from: ross4life on October 24, 2010, 12:26:16 AM
Why don't you guys use online betting? would save a lot of hassle

Not everything needs to be done on a keyboard  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Milltown Row2

Thought the best bet of today was the Aussies minus 5, 2/1!! Ok I bet agaisnt us but thought they would have too much for us tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea